Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Hey, Hey, Pizza Man

So yesterday when I arrived at the game shop for my game I was accosted by a bearded middle aged pizza man with beady eyes. I figured he wanted to try and sell me a pizza, as at least two or three show up every game night trying to sell some pizza to us hungry nerds. No, it turned out he wanted to sell some gaming books. He was down on his luck and needed money to pay bills. So I told him I didn't have any money and wasn't interested. I figured he had some old stuff that I didn't really want, but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Prometheus Project update

Long have the Gods of the unnamed world been absent. Self-absorbed in the pursuit of distraction they have neglected that which they created. Once more the God of creation turns his all seeing and knowing eye back to the world that he created to intercede in the affairs of men.

I have taken an interest in my the world that I was working on last year, after a near six or seven month break. The world has no name, I simply call it the Prometheus Project. You may have seen the link at the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting the Shaft

In or most recent game session I finally broke down and bought a magical javelin for my character. I had been hoping to have him find one as part of our loot, but had no such luck. So of course in the second encounter after buying the thing we find, as part of the loot, yep you guessed it, a magic javelin. Sure, having two would be nice, if they didn't automatically return when thrown. As it is, I simply suspect it's just a sneaky underhanded way to part my character from his hard earned cash. It's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. National D&D Day, April 21st

I had a very rare and precious Saturday to myself. So I went to this event promoting the release of the PHB2 at a local game store. I met some new people, ate some free food, got a free miniature, and got to play D&D for six hours.

A total of eight people showed up to play in the game on Saturday. One ended up just watching, one left early and a second guy who came early for a later game substituted for him, plus one extra PC. This was the first time that I have met any of them. ...
    Tags: 4e d&d Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Baby Laith

I saw this story on the local news and immediately donated nearly everything in my paypal account. Which, admittedly isn't much.

Laith Joshua Dougherty

Why? because I understand what they are going through. My son has chronic kidney disease and has damage to his liver, spleen and heart. He will eventually require a kidney transplant, and perhaps more. We are in the same financial situation as this family, we have about the best medical insurance possible. However, our ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast