Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Why D&D minis still suck!

Tonight, in a moment of sheer idiocy, I bought another pack of D&D minis. Got what I deserved too. That being, 8 random miniatures, of which, 8 I already own and don't need duplicates of.

The only redeeming thing about my frack-tarded addiction to cheap miniatures, is that I don't mind cutting them up and repainting them. So I chopped up all of those extra Warcasters I was complaining about (and a few others), re-arranged the bits and pieces and came up with some decent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How to deal with back wagon drivers

or How to to piss your friends off in three turns.

Recently I switched my character from the snotty overbearing Warlord to a mischievous Halfling Ranger named Ander Strifeweaver. In the first game with this character he accidentally shot and killed the beholder the Swordmage was riding, plunging them both down a 90 ft. pit (oops!). In the game after this, our characters ended up at a local tavern. Having been drugged, ambushed and beaten in a previous tavern, you can understand why ...

Updated 08-07-2009 at 11:51 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why D&D minis suck!

Random packaging. Common, Uncommon, and Rare. Face it, the D&D minis game is dead. Get over it, move on, stop the bullshit. Even if it weren't true, nobody, including the people who play the D&D minis game, wants a random pack of minis. Who wants the experience of spending 15.00 - 20.00 plus tax, and getting a bunch of minis that you already have. I don't know about you, but one Hobgoblin Warcaster is enough for me, I don't need 12 of them. How about those Galeb Dur? I think 4 would have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Grabbing the beholder by the eye stalks

....and screaming all the way down.

So I have missed a few game sessions recently but I did manage to make it to the game this last week. Since the game had progressed on without my previous character, I thought it might be nice to try out a new character. So I played a halfling ranger or the two-blade variety, with a decent amount of skill in the bow just in case. Yep, that's right, I'm playing an ankle-biting-leg-humping Halfling. Normally, I don't like the little bastards. All due ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Disposable Heroes I

So tonight was the night for my Disposable Heroes game. A one shot game consisting of one overpowered encounter. Things did not go according to plan, and we ended up playing three encounters. The problem was that we had a total of seven player and the encounters were designed for five characters. Silly me, I forgot to adjust the encounters to reflect the over-abundance of players. So when the dust settled, none of the PC's had been killed and all the monsters had been vanquished. I will say that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast