Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Session 7; DM Comments

Session seven was the big finish to the first part of the campaign. The characters have rescued all the prisoners from Brindol that they have deemed rescue-able and are on their way back to Brindol. In the process they confront the hobgoblin chieftain Sinruth and his last batch of soldiers. They also get some help from a few allies and run across some new and strange foes who are in partnership with the hobgoblins, foreshadowing things to come.

As a DM I wanted to make this encounter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Races of the Stonehome Chasm: Drow

I wanted to give the Drow a unique feel as they will be one of the main protagonists later in the campaign (replacing the Gith). So I've split the Drow into a couple of factions and added a bit of techno-magic to make them seem cooler and more mysterious. Also I'm planning on using miniatures from the Scorpion faction of the the Confrontation, Age of Ragnarok game, to make them stand out visually (check out the at the bottom of the page).

Drow
    The Drow lost untold numbers ...

Updated 01-11-2010 at 11:32 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RKCOS07.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	2426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RKCOS05.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	2427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RKCOS06.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	2428  

3. The Stonehome Chasm

I think the introduction of gunpowder weapons, airships, dungeon delving and wild west type frontier towns, has some kick-ass potential.

The following is an amalgamation of various sources including The Scales of War adventure path, Forgotten Realms and Eberron. This is just the rough draft so far. The campaign I was running was already getting a bit stale, and I didn't really like the direction the SoW adventure path was heading, I'm not much on planer travel. So I'm hoping to recast ...

Updated 12-16-2009 at 02:51 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. When salads go bad

Generally I don't point out or harp on other peoples spelling mistakes. This is because I'm not the best speller or writer myself so I tend to go easy on such things. Except for when it inadvertently produces something funny.

Such as....the Flux Salad.

If you happen to own the 4e D&D MM2 this monster is on page 184. Sure, they spelled it correctly every other time, but once was enough to make me giggle and imagine a group of PC's encountering such a creature deep ...
    Tags: d&d, flux salad Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Scales of War

I've been reading what I can of this adventure path. So far, it seems really cool. I am also a big fan of the 3 edition Red Hand of Doom adventure, of which the Scales of War is a continuation of. So enamored of it have I become, that I will be running, or at the least, attempting to run the entire adventure path, starting two weeks from now. Hopefully, as the DM, I shall leave a swath of destruction and dead PC's in my wake . That's just how I roll. I kid, I kid!

One thing I wanted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast