Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

TAROT

1. Earthdawn Glossary

Setting terminology and information (WIP)

adept – Namegiver who can manipulate magic. Guided by the philosophy of their Discipline, they use their talents to enhance their actions. Adepts are able to advance in ability much more quickly than others are able to acquire skills. About 5% of the general population would have the capacity to become an adept, a little more than half of these Namegivers manage to find the Discipline that speaks to them and a compatible teacher willing to ...

Updated 01-02-2010 at 10:04 PM by TAROT (Adding some magic)

Tags: earthdawn Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs , Gaming
  2. English for RPGs – Part 14

I was reading a description of a place where it was stated that the region was “hundreds of square miles on every side.” The square mile is a unit of area. That's the surface covered by the rectangle. The sides are miles long (miles being a unit of distance or length).

The plural of manservant is menservants.

I'm not quite sure about this one. “Different than” feels wrong to me, I would use “different from” instead. “Than” is used to make comparisons, but merely marking ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 07:35 PM by TAROT (Category)

Categories
    Language
  3. Olympic Torch

Well, the Olympic torch went past my house today. Got a couple of pics that turned out so so.
    Tags: olympics, torch Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Life
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch 1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	2423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch 2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	2424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch 3.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	2425  

4. English for RPGs – Part 13

BUCK/BUTT

buck (adv) completely
    butt (n) the end of something (esp. the thicker end)

To say someone is stark naked, the expression is buck naked. (Though I'm not sure for how much longer.)

DIE/DYE

die (v) to cease to live: died, dying
    dye (v) to change the colour of: dyed, dyeing

Before you die, do you have any last words?
    I was so embarrassed, I could have died.
    The weavers were planning to dye the ...
    Categories
    Language
  5. English for RPGs - Index

Well, it’s getting to the point where I’m wondering, “Have I done this one already?” So, I’m making a list of what has been done, where it is, and what still needs to be done.

Link to Preamble.......Link to Part 01..........Link to Part 02..........Link to Part 03
    Link to Part 04..........Link to Part 05..........Link to Part 06..........Link to Part 07
    Link to Part 08..........Link to Part 09..........Link to Part 10..........Link to Part 11
    Link to Part 12.......... ...

Updated 12-19-2009 at 09:35 AM by TAROT (Update to Part 14)

Categories
    Language
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast