Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Blond Gamer Girl

1. Recruitment - Proverbs from the Abyss

The game that I currently run has been through some changes over the past few months. First, I had to ask three folks to leave because of their drive and a defective vehicle which made them unreliable. However, there were no hurt feelings because they completely agreed about the reasoning even though the mix of the group was pretty good.

Lesson learned: Never assume that between three people there would be more than one car. Just like a job application ask: Do you have reliable transportation? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Chemistry....Rewarding unto itself

I LOVE IT WHEN A GROUP COMES TOGETHER! I have a group that role plays and meshes so well together that it warmed my little black GM heart. They were joking with each other in character and completely had the team work angle going for the entire game. For about a half hour or more, I pulled several individuals out to give each magic user their vision quest and/or magical group’s assignment. During that entire time, the rest of the group stayed in character and role played. As each one got their quest, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. PC Backgrounds

In my humble opinion, there are three perspectives to character backgrounds: literary, player and GM.

Literary: As a highly novice writer, every book on fiction writing will tell you to start with your characters. Characters make the story. Characters come in three parts: description, background and motivation. For physical description, I pull a picture and make sure my words reflect that picture. The other half of description is their personality: funny/serious, introvert/extrovert, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Matching Styles

Since things have gotten a little serious here, I thought I would lighten the mood a little. Anyhow…

When searching for new games or more gamers for your own game, there are the basic cut and dry questions concerning: date, time and game system. Then there are the qualifications most GM’s want in players: sane, reliable etcetera.

Lastly, we come to the very ambiguous style matching. For that I asked two questions. First, I ask the combat ratio they like to see if it matches ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Etiquettely Challenged Versus Etiquettely Wonderful

Etiquettely Challenged

I read some gaming horror stories so I guess I will add to it. as a gamer, whenever I go to someone else’s home, I obey their house rules and always bring something to share. Since one of the games I attend has long sessions, I typically buy a bag of burgers for everyone.

Since things are a little tight this month, I baked chicken nuggets and brought them to the game. The host asked what brand they were so I told her. For the next five ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast