Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Blond Gamer Girl

1. Just A Warm Body

Recently and its not the only game or the only person this has happened with but there are players who show up to a game and just play games on their phone or notebook all game. I do mean ALL game not just checking email or messages real quick.

I'm in two different games with two different GMs and different players and each one has a warm body only player. Warm bodies just take up space and take time away from the game. The GM will try all kinds of methods to engage ...
  2. DnD 4e Psion Build

Hello Everyone,

I have only played DnD five times in my life.....so I need some advice on a character build. I decided on the Eladrin race. I want my PC to have some Face abilities (for those familiar with Shadowrun), negotiating, manipulation, leadership and that sort of thing but not be sloppy in combat. We're allowed to start at 5th level.

When it comes to combat, I tend to attack/defend using inventive methods as opposed to straight up blasts. Yes - I'm a woman ...
  3. Playing it military style

To all GMS and Players out there (and please put your perspective), do you give (get) bonuses for doing a thorough reconnaissance and adequate planning and practice (Think Oceans 11, their practice run…) If so, what do you do? Lower the difficulty? Amount of hits needed?

Having said that, I do mean recon and planning like the true military do. As a player, I’ve taken several GMs by surprise by trying to play it by using recon and strategy which I don’t get because I really enjoy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epicbard.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	3681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lawful evil.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	3680  
  4. AYMS - Angry Young Man Syndrome

To preface this, I am someone who’s successfully been in sales, customer service, maintained vendor relations and had negotiation training. It might be safe to say I know something about convincing folks to do things.

Training and experience aside, there’s a saying “you get more flies with honey than vinegar,” which I’m sure everyone has heard. Most of the time the honey saying works but about 5 percent of the time, one has to be a bit stern. Secondly, common sense ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gaming….Exercising the Imagination

Many studies have been done that prove if you don’t exercise your mind, your intelligence will go down and the opposite holds true as well. Of the different aspects of brain power, my weakness was creativity according to all the tests. Conversely, analytics and especially arithmetic were my strongest and I excelled to high levels in them. Once I started gaming, I found my creativity increased.

A year later, I started writing fan fiction as a result of that creativity. Almost ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignorance sw.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	3288  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast