Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Blog Comments

Bleach Online is a Game based on Bleach Manga
    [url]http://www.gogaemes.me[/url]
    Bleach Online is a Game based on Bleach Manga
    http://www.gogaemes.me
    We wanted to hook you guys up with a mid summer
    adventure, on the house. Download it here:

http://www.dungeonmastering.com/adve...adventure.html <-- 4E goodness to be found here.

Its 106 pages, contains 8 encounters, about 6 hours
    of gameplay, and enough experience to level all your
    characters atleast 1 level.

The artwork, story telling, and overall game experience
    of this adventure is top notch, and you can download it
    with no strings attached.

Click this link: http://www.dungeonmastering.com/adventureclub/freeadventure.html

If you have any problems, please contact support and
    lets us know.

If you enjoy this module, you can get more just like it
    at http://tools.dungeonmastering.com

But before asking you to join our adventure club, we
    thought we'd send you the first adventure free of charge
    so you can get an idea of the type of adventures our
    members get each month.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy the next 6 hours of
    D&D gameplay on us!

Happy Gaming

DungeonMastering.com
    In This Issue :: July 8, 2010
    FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE 2010 [EARLY ENTRY DEADLINE IS TODAY!]
    EVENT CALENDAR [UPCOMING EVENTS]

3rd Annual Flash Fiction Challenge
    Writers are challenged to create stories (1,000 words or less) based on genre, location, and object assignments in just 2 days. Each writer is guaranteed to participate in at least 2 challenges and feedback will be provided on all submitted stories. The Early Entry Deadline is TODAY, July 8, 2010. Space is limited, so register soon!

*Special NYC Midnight Discount - make sure to use the discount code FLASHFIC for $5 off the entry fee.

Click here to Register / Learn More

7/8/10 - Flash Fiction Challenge 2010 Early Entry Deadline
    In This Issue :: July 6, 2010
    FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE 2010 [EARLY ENTRY DEADLINE ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!]

3rd Annual Flash Fiction Challenge
    Writers are challenged to create stories (1,000 words or less) based on genre, location, and object assignments in just 2 days. Each writer is guaranteed to participate in at least 2 challenges and feedback will be provided on all submitted stories. The Early Entry Deadline is this Thursday, July 8, 2010 and space is limited, so register soon!

*Special NYC Midnight Discount - make sure to use the discount code FLASHFIC for $5 off the entry fee.

7/8/10 - Flash Fiction Challenge 2010 Early Entry Deadline
    Greetings, citizens of NaNoLand!
    As a great man (Austin Powers) once said, "Allow myself to introduce myself."
    Hi! I'm Jennifer Arzt. I run Script Frenzy, NaNoWriMo's sister event.
    Even though we haven't met until now, I already know a few things about you. I know you are a storyteller. I know you aren't shy about jumping into the deep end of the literary pool and laughing in the face of outrageous deadlines. I know you are creative and brave.
    Because I know all this, I'm here with a proposal.
    Try something new in April: Write a script.
    I dare you. (Because I also know you can do it!)
    Script Frenzy and NaNoWriMo are part of the same family, so you'll see many similarities between them. But, like any siblings, they have some defining differences.
    Some familiar things:
    The Daily Writing Habit. You'll write everyday. (Always a good thing in my book. Ahem, script!)
    Practice. You'll have a month to flex those creative writing muscles. And I'll bet you a cup of coffee that by writing a script you'll find new muscles.
    Pep Talks. I'll be sending weekly emails filled with pep, exclamation points, and metaphors that often get off-track. (I've asked a writer I know to guest pen one of the pep talks. I can't tell you who it is, but you may have heard of him, or at least be familiar with his love of wombats.)
    Coffee. It will be mentioned. Often.
    The Kitchen Tornado. You know how during week three of NaNo your fridge is empty, the coffee supply is fearfully low, and your inbox is stuffed with messages from concerned family members checking to make sure you haven't been abducted by aliens? The week-three tornado also rips through April. I look at it as the excuse—or better, the justification—for take-out Thai food four nights in a row.
    Adventures in Writing. I love how at the beginning of April and November I have no idea where my story will end up by the end of the month. That doesn’t necessarily mean I didn't outline; I attribute it to the kinetic energy inherent to writing—especially writing against a deadline. Stories splinter off. Minor characters take over. The plot twists away from the outline. It is a wild ride that I'm sure you're all too aware of. This happens in NaNo. It also happens in Script Frenzy.
    Some new things:
    Formatting. No matter what kind of script you write, there will be guidelines for formatting it. Don't fret! And don't let that stop you from diving into a script. There are many programs (many which are free) that take no time to learn.
    Pages. We'll be counting pages instead of words. To hit 100 pages in 30 days you'll want to shoot for three and a third pages a day.
    Economy of Words. This might be the most significant difference between NaNo and Script Frenzy (other than the height of the program directors). In a script, the goal is to convey the story without using more words than needed. Take this opportunity as a creative exercise in succinct writing; indulge in finding the perfect word, and play with using sentence structure as a tool for conveying tempo, mood, and voice.
    Dialogue. At some point, the dialogue on the page will actually be said out loud. As you write (or once you return from the cafe or library) read it out loud. Act it out. One read through will quickly highlight what sounds forced or contrived.
    I Wrote a Script, Now What? Now what, indeed! There are so many options! A script is just one part of the whole. When you're done, you can sell it to Steven Spielberg, grab a camera and make it into a wildly successful indie flick, see it on Broadway, or turn it into the next big thing at Comic-Con. There are a million ways you can continue your trek with your story when April is over.
    I really think the storyteller in you will love the similar parts and the creative champion in you will have a blast taking on this new challenge.
    Now that we’ve met and you know that I know that you can do this amazingly fun and frenzied scriptwriting thing, what do you say?
    Are you in?
    Feeling scripty,
    Jen
    Script Frenzy Program Director
    http://www.screenplayshootout.com/

Welcome to the 4th Annual Screenplay Shootout!
    This year the Screenplay Shootout is better than ever:

• With over $8,500 in Cash and Prizes, including prizes from our sponsors Write Brothers, The Writers Store, ScriptDelivery and InkTip.com.
    • The Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000 in cash, Movie Magic Screenwriter 6, Script listing in InkTip Magazine, The Writers Store gift certificate, and their script will be considered by some of the industry’s top producers, managers and agents.
    • The Top 5 Finalists will each receive over $800 in cash and prizes and their scripts considered for representation by some of the industry’s top producers, managers and agents. See the Companies reading the winning scripts.
    • The Top 40 Finalists will be announced on our website, in our industry newsletter, and a Press Release will be provided throughout the Hollywood Community.

Open to all genres, the Screenplay Shootout offers great prizes, exposure and recognition within the entertainment community, and most importantly we work hard to help launch careers for our entrants. Driven by success in discovering promising writers, the Shootout has rapidly become a reliable source for new screenwriting talent. Since its debut, the competition has seen finalists secure high-profile representation and gain option and production deals. Recent alumni include Andrew Gerngross, who secured representation with the Brant Rose Agency; Brian Watanabe, whose screenplay ROGUE'S GALLERY was picked up by Infinity Films and went on to star Zach Galifianakis, Ellen Barkin, and Jeffrey Tambor; and Brian Jude Leahy, who signed with ICM and Foremost Films after the Shootout.
    The Shootout serves up over $8,500 USD in cash and prizes, plus valuable exposure. The top five scripts will be read and considered by top agents, managers, producers, and green-lighters from such companies as Benderspink, Foremost Films, The Radmin Company, and Energy Entertainment, among others. Sponsors of this year’s Shootout include Write Brothers, The Writers Store, InkTip and ScriptDelivery.

Past participants have raved about the Shootout. Alum Brian Watanabe gushes, "I honestly just feel lucky to have placed so high among so many great scripts," and finalist Brian Jude Leahy declares, "Winning this contest was such a personal reward. It was validation. I realize that I have a way to go, but this is definitely the type of encouragement that I need."
    For the chance to have your screenplay read by some of Hollywood's elite, submit to the Screenplay Shootout today!

The one-month novel writing contest begins November 1st. Here's a last minute youtube video (more found on the site) to motivate you: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxqmHQFyR8&feature=related"]YouTube - Novel Writing Made Easy[/ame]
    Another movie script contest. Winner gets his or her script turned into a 2-hour, professionally produced public radio program. Very cool.

http://www.divebomberradio.com/index.html
    Updated 09-25-2009 at 08:29 AM by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
    UPDATE:

In This Issue :: September 25, 2009
    SCREENWRITING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 [FINAL ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED!]

2nd Annual Screenwriting Championships
    The Final Entry Deadline has been extended until Friday, September 25th at 5PM EST - TODAY! Writers are challenged to create screenplays 5 pages or less based on genre, location and object assignments and accumulate points based on their placement in each round of the competition. Every writer that registers will compete in at least 2 challenges, and writers can compete in as many as 4 challenges based on their placement in each round.

Feedback will be provided for every entered script and there is over $16,000 in cash and prizes. Hurry up and register before it's too late!

*Special Discount - use the discount code CHAMPS for $5 off the entry fee.

9/25/09 – Los Angeles Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    9/25/09 – Screenwriting Championships 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    10/14/09 – Brooklyn Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    3rd Place — You’ll be awarded the story creation software of Write Brothers Dramatica Pro valued at over $250.00.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H774K0?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B000H774K0"][/ame]
    “The software takes you to a story-development environment, where you’ll solve the plot and character problems that prevent many good stories from becoming good enough to sell. Dramatica’s StoryGuide assists you from the initial idea all the way through to completed narrative treatment, inspiring you and supporting you along the way.”
    Prizes for all Final Round Contestants
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471225452?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=0471225452"][/ame] Each Final Round Contestant will receive a signed copy of How to Adapt Anything into a Screenplay by Richard Krevolin.
    “Aspiring and established screenwriters everywhere, take note! This down-to-earth guide is the first to clearly articulate the craft of adaptation. Drawing on his own experience and on fourteen years of teaching, screenwriter Richard Krevolin presents his proven five-step process for adapting anything-from novels and short stories to newspaper articles and poems-into a screenplay.”
    PLUS

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0941188752?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=0941188752"][/ame] Each Final Round Contestant will receive a signed copy of Script Partners: What Makes Film and TV Writing Teams Work by Claudia Johnson and Matt Stevens.
    “When I saw some of the people in SCRIPT PARTNERS, I said, ‘I’ve got to go out and buy this book!’”
    Carl Reiner, Writer, Director, Actor, Producer, and Father.

Submit your screenplay package. (You must be a FilmStream member to apply. Click here to join. Membership is free.) Competition ends October 31st.
    Fee: $25 to pitch your story to 5 industry professionals.
    Existing members, click here
    All entries will receive an official badge on their FilmStream script details page.

Official Entry in the FilmStream 2009 Screenplay Competition
    2nd Place — Your screenplay will be analyzed by Matt Stevens.
    Matt has sold both fiction and documentary projects and worked as a script analyst for many companies, including Creative Artists Agency. He’s the co-author of Script Partners: What Makes Film and TV Writing Teams Work, about the art of collaborative scriptwriting. For five years, Matt taught graduate and undergraduate screenwriting classes at the Florida State Film School and has since conducted workshops across the country, including the L.A. Creative Screenwriting Expo (where he was named “Star Speaker”). He is a film critic and writes articles for E! Online, plus contributes to numerous new-media outlets. Matt’s screenwriting analysis service is valued at $500.00.
    Once you’ve completed your new draft, we’ll work with our professional network and use your logline and one-page synopsis to shop your screenplay around town.*
    PLUS

The 2nd Place Winner will receive Write Brothers professional screenplay software Screenwriter 6 and Dramatica Pro valued at over $500.00.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V5SRAE?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B000V5SRAE"][/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H774K0?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B000H774K0"][/ame]
    And Here are the Prizes!
    Winner — Congratulations! You have a great script. Now we want to take it to the next level. Your screenplay will be sent to Mike Cheda for his professional script analysis. This service is valued at $1,000. Mike taught script analysis at the American Film Institute and has worked as a development executive at numerous production companies, including HBO and Walt Disney Studios.
    Mike will give your script a rigorous examination and e-mail you a detailed analysis of your work page by page, scene by scene with specific suggestions about how to improve story, structure, action, characterization, dialogue, formatting and anything else he thinks needs to be done ... He won’t just critique your material — he’ll also give you step-by-step directions on how to bring it up to professional standards.
    “...the best resource out there for making scripts that sell.” ~ Blake Snyder, author of SAVE THE CAT! The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need!, speaking about Mike Cheda.
    Once you complete Mike’s program and turn in your new draft, you’ll be awarded $1,000! Using our network of established professionals, FilmStream will then take your logline, one-page synopsis and revised screenplay and spend the next year looking to find your story a home.*
    PLUS

The Winner will receive Write Brothers professional screenplay software — Screenplay Studio valued at over $700.00.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V5SRAE?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B000V5SRAE"][/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H774K0?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B000H774K0"][/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001XE0QG?ie=UTF8&tag=filmstreamref-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creative ASIN=B0001XE0QG"][/ame]
    ROUND 3

Each script will be read and voted on by at least 3 of our judges. They will each assign a value on a scale from 1 to 10 in four different categories. Dialogue, Characters, Story Arc and Marketability (this includes overall story strength).
    Judges will have the option to comment on your screenplay package (logline, synopsis and script) during each phase of the competition. Available feedback will be sent to contestants at the end of each round.
    ROUND 2

Here’s where you get to flush out your story — the one-page synopsis.
    A one-page synopsis is essential when you send out query letters. If an agent or producer is interested in your script, often times you’ll be asked to provide a one-page synopsis so they can get a feel for your story without having to read the whole screenplay. Don’t give away your ending. You want to lure the reader into reading your entire screenplay.
    The logline along with your one-page synopsis will be a very important part of the package of tools that we’ll be using when we pitch the winning screenplays to our network of agents, directors, producers and production companies. So make them amazing!
    “A good log line conveys the basic plotline, the hook, tone and genre of a script, which is perniciously tough to do in one sentence. It's an essential tool to sell a screenplay, and the sharper it is, the better your project comes across. A brief synopsis expands on the hook and fills in the blanks; it also illuminates the strengths and weaknesses of your plot. Both are vital skills to have.” — Mary Brown, Story Analyst, Sony Pictures, DreamWorks SKG, Castle Rock, HBO and many more.
    Each one-page synopsis will be read and voted on by at least 5 of our judges. They will each assign a value on a scale from 1 to 10, and the top 10 scripts with the highest scores will be in competition for the final round.
    Some more juicy goodness:

http://filmstreamer.net/index.cfm?ev...FRlcagodLklr-Q

1st Annual Screenplay Competition

Enter now for a chance to win the Grand Prize valued at over $2,700 in cash and prizes,
    and your screenplay read by top industry insiders!
    So you’re a screenwriter and you’ve written a screenplay... Great! So now what do you do? Over 50,000 scripts are registered with the WGA every year — yet the hard part is only 600 to 800 scripts are produced each year. FilmStream is looking to help you - and we’re hosting this contest in real world style – using the exact same process produced Hollywood screenwriters experience step by step.
    ROUND 1

In Hollywood, it all starts with the Pitch. And so does this contest.
    Logline: A brief description of your screenplay.
    What’s the first thing a producer, agent or director wants to know ... what’s your story about?
    “Pitch me, 25 words or less.” — Steven Spielberg
    Pitch us your story. Who’s it about, what’s the conflict, and what’s the arc? If it’s important to the story, where does it take place? It doesn’t have to be limited to 25 words but should not be more than two or thee sentences.
    Hint at the ending but don’t give it away. And please avoid simply stating “It’s like Tootsie meets The Road Warrior.”
    Examples: A headstrong farm-boy must learn to become a warrior in order to join a galactic rebellion against an evil empire.
    Star Wars
    The aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.
    The Godfather
    Each logline will be seen and voted on by at least 5 of our judges. They will each assign a value on a scale from 1 to 10, and the top 100 loglines with the highest scores will move on to round 2 - the semifinals.
    In This Issue :: July 13, 2009
    SCREENWRITING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 [REGISTRATION IS OPEN]
    SCREENWRITER'S CHALLENGE 2009 WINNERS ANNOUNCED

2nd Annual Screenwriting Championships
    Writers are challenged to create screenplays 5 pages or less based on genre, location and object assignments and accumulate points based on their placement in each round of the competition. Every writer that registers will compete in at least 2 challenges, and writers can compete in as many as 4 challenges based on their placement in each round.

Feedback will be provided for every entered script and there is over $13,000 in cash and prizes. The Early Entry Deadline is August 13, 2009. Space is limited!

Screenwriter's Challenge 2009 Winners!
    Congratulations to Luke Kalteux (Sherman Oaks, CA), who placed 1st out of over 550 writers and took home over $4,000 in cash and prizes in the 6th Annual Screenwriter's Challenge! The finalists were challenged to create original short screenplays in just 24 hours based on a genre (fairy tale) and subject (dreaming) assignment. The top 10 screenplays from the final round are listed below.
    #1 'GNATE: A Gnat's Tale' by Luke Kalteux (Sherman Oaks, CA, USA)
    LOGLINE - An animated fairy tale that proves big dreams come in all sizes.

#2 'Non-Human Resources' by Aaron Burdette (Astoria, NY, USA)

LOGLINE - Adam's failing job search takes an unexpected upswing when he meets a magic spirit, but with spirits, matters are never cut and dry.

#3 'Unbearable' by Stefan Feuerherdt (Tualatin, OR, USA)

LOGLINE - Papa Bear, married to the beautiful golden-locked girl of his dreams, ponders the reality of life in his alternative happily-ever-after.

#4 'THE WOOD SPRITE' by ANDY NELSON (Surprise, AZ, USA)

LOGLINE - A young girl asks the Wood Sprite to make her wishes come true in exchange for her dreams, but how much farther will she go when she's used all of her dreams up?

#5 'Khab' by David Harwood (Austin, TX, USA)

LOGLINE - A contemporary fairy tale concerning four refugee children on a perilous journey. Dreaming up fantasies as they go, they search for the fairy who will save them all.

#6 'The Keeper of Dreams' by Annika Wood (San Francisco, CA, USA)

LOGLINE - A plucky farm girl pledges to save a sleepwalking prince whose dreams have been bartered away.

#7 'Dr. Boaz's Amazing Automata Circus' by Tim Downie (London, UK)

LOGLINE - Come and see the greatest show on earth before the sands of time run out.

#8 'Rose and Briar' by Bradley Barnes (Aurora, OH, USA)

LOGLINE - Edward's been having crazy dreams and lately, they've been more real than ever. Is he a 16 year old high school student or the hero of the Land of Nodd?

#9 'The Nefarious Wizzlewump' by Garrett Henderson (Encino, CA, USA)

LOGLINE - The stealer of dreams, the destroyer of innocence, the Wizzlewump has gone about his wicked business unopposed since the beginning of time. 8 year-old Tristan thinks that's about long enough.

#10 'Chicken and Snake' by Eli Flouton (San Francisco, CA, USA)

LOGLINE - Journalist Lou Davies is thrust into the strange world of dream-inducing hallucinogenics at, ironically enough, a substance abuse clinic in Hawaii.

7/15/09 – Boston Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    7/15/09 – Vancouver Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    7/16/09 – Atlanta Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    7/16/09 – Washington, DC Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    7/22/09 – Montreal Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    7/22/09 – Philadelphia Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    7/23/09 – Chicago Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    7/23/09 – St. Louis Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    7/30/09 – Houston Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    Strategic Book Publishing is looking to expand our children's book titles.

http://www.strategicbookpublishing.c...FRwDagodABpLow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Children's Book Submissions
    Strategic Book Publishing is looking to expand our children's book titles.

To view a list of new children's book releases, visit AEGAuthorsedge.com

We believe children's literature has the power to entice, motivate and instruct. If you have a book that fits one or more of these qualities, then we are interested in learning more:

• Your book provides pleasure and entertainment to a specific age group.
    • Your book tells a cultural folktale or heritage quality story that would appeal to a specific audience?

• Your book has an instructional message told in a refreshing or exciting way.

• Your book is a non-fiction subject presented to children in a fun and imaginative way.

• Your book involves children in the text or pictures in a fun and/or instructional platform.

We prefer to work with author's through a literary agent, however, there are exceptions. If you believe in your story and are dedicated to being a motivating factor in promotions and sales, or you have a strong alliance with a specific group that may provide targeted sales, then we are interested in learning more about you and your book.
    Please complete the following Children's Book Information Request, an abbreviated form that helps us quickly determine if there is a possibility of working together. We will typically respond to this form within one business week with a "yes", "no", or "maybe".
    If you are less than 18 years old, please see our Note to Minors at the bottom of the page.
    In This Issue :: June 19, 2009
    CREATIVE WRITING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 [ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED!]
    TWEET ME A STORY CONTEST [WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED!]

2nd Annual Creative Writing Championships The Final Entry Deadline has been extended until Friday, June 19th at 5PM EST - TODAY! Writers are challenged to create stories 1,000 words or less and accumulate points based on their placement in each round of the competition. Every writer that registers will compete in at least 2 challenges, and writers can compete in as many as 4 challenges based on their placement in each round.

Feedback will be provided for every entered story and there are thousands in cash prizes. Hurry up and register before it's too late!

Tweet Me A Story Contest
    The winners have been announced!

6/19/09 - Creative Writing Championships 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    6/19/09 - Calgary Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    6/19/09 - Toronto Film Race 2009 Final Entry Deadline
    6/19/09 – Boston Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    6/19/09 – Vancouver Film Race 2009 Early Entry Deadline
    follow us on :: facebook | twitter
    Here's plenty more tasty-goody 'free & legal' scenarios and more for WFRP. Enjoy!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...eidm=51&esem=4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast