Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.

The continuing saga of a wannabe GM who can't get a game started ...

1. The Time Lord Problem

by , 02-02-2010 at 09:38 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    After watching the Doctor's recent regeneration for the Nth time, I realized how to solve a persistent problem in Doctor Who RPGs: Time Lords rock, companions suck.

A traditional solution is to make all players Junior Time Lords. The Buffy game gives non-Slayers more Drama Points, and I'm sure some Doctor Who game has tried a similar equalizing factor. Another suggestion I've heard is that the Time Lord is an NPC Patron, who makes the Companions do all the work.

But ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Another "Comparative Character Generation" essay; Two to go.

by , 02-02-2010 at 09:24 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    I've written another in the Comparative Character Generation series. I'm only going to do two more, since a) I've examined most of the systems I'm likely to find players for, as far as I know, and b) my real problem isn't the system I run.

So if anyone wants to see something besides PDQ, PDQ Sharp, FATE, Fudge, GURPS, BRP, MRQ, MRQ2, WFRP2, WFRP3, Unisystem, Barbarians of Lemuria, NWoD, Savage Worlds, Risus, or several variations on d20 ... speak now.

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by fmitchell

Categories
    Comparative Character Generation , Reviews
  3. Orc Lands suspended ...

by , 05-15-2009 at 08:35 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Three weeks ago, the players and I decided to suspend the Orc Lands campaign, due to the lack of new players and the number of times one absence cancelled the game.

I'm going to move the game to play-by-post at some point, although I'm not sure whether I should continue to run it as BRP.
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. D&D, Warhammer, and Traveller

by , 05-13-2009 at 11:51 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Another installment in my continuing attempts to decide on another game to run. This time, I consider True20, Warhammer and Traveller, as well as various forms of D&D: E6, generic classes, and retro-clones.

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by fmitchell

Categories
  5. Musings on running a D&D campaign

by , 04-11-2009 at 08:32 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    I've posted some musings on possibly running a D&D campaign on my website.

Part of a really slow series: Part 1 and Part 2

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:17 AM by fmitchell

Categories
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast