Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Sass & Sorcery

Odd thoughts, random musings, and irreverent commentary. Oh, and that roleplaying stuff, too~

1. Tempting FATE: Stunts

STUNTS
    So, here we are at the last of the major elements to FATE, those little abilities that allow one to break some rules. Default Spirit of the Century has a long list of Stunts that, while neat, can be somewhat intimidating to wade through; for starters, we'll go with Spirit of the Blank's generic stunts (which are similar to the ones in Diaspora, a hard sci-fi FATE game).

In keeping with the, erm, spirit (pardon) of the game, we'll keep Stunt rules simple and to the point. ...
  2. Tempting FATE: Skills

SKILLS
    In this installment, as it is, we're dealing with skills and how they relate to both FATE and Star Wars. What Saga Edition did for the property, in this regard, I really like - a nice, tight skill list (compared to other d20 games of its era), and no skill points to fiddle with. It's also here that I'm deviating some from Kiero's adaption.

I like FATE's skill pyramid, so we won't be switching to the column model like he did. We're also not using skill points; I don't think ...

Updated 12-09-2009 at 09:01 PM by Sascha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tempting FATE: The Basics and Aspects

As with writing a novel or doing academic research, the first thing to do when hacking FATE is look to see what work has been done before you. So, we go to the Series of Tubes for inspiration in reflavoring Spirit of the Century for use with Star Wars.

Over at rpg.net, there are two bits by the poster Kiero - one on tweaking FATE, and one on creating a Saga Edition inspired Star Wars hack. There are lots more over there (as well as over at the Evil Hat wiki), but I think these two will ...
  4. Tempting FATE

Or: How to Hack Games for Fun and Profit (Minus the 'Profit')

So I've been jonesing for a good Far-Far-Away galactic romp, since the release of the d20 Saga Edition. The series has fascinated me as far back as I can remember ('specially when a six-year-old me got to rent Return of the Jedi; it was a big frickin' deal to rent a movie, since we didn't own a VCR then). It's a huge slice of space, with a near-unlimited potential for awesome (read: interesting characters doing interesting ...

Updated 11-29-2009 at 04:22 PM by Sascha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Television: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Internet

It's been about three months since the move, and three months without any sort of television service. And I can safely say I don't miss it one bit.

(Well, maybe one bit; Dexter is rather good, and I'm not sure how we'll swing watching the new season without a Showtime subscription. Le sigh.)

Turns out we didn't really pay for television service so we could watch it; we watched television because we paid for it. The shows we follow are on Hulu - barring Dexter, of course. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast