Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Campaign Logs

1. High-level Play, Part 1

I've players who're unfamiliar with the latter half (levels 10+) of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. That's okay. But a raft of rulings are needed when a dude casts the scrying spell and then casts the teleport spell to murder folks in their sleep. This is long 'cause I try to cover all the bases.

High-level Play
    At about level 9 the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 game changes significantly in that it assumes Team Antagonist has questions and that Team Protagonist has answers. Some of Team ...
  2. The Year

The campaign began on June 13, 2012. Itís still going today, June 19, 2013, and I expect gamers here in 2 hours. I should be preparing for this evening, but Iím writing this because I want you to play.

In the campaign itís only August 23, barely 2 months after the PCs started adventuring, but the PCs are, for the most part, level 11. Straining credulity? Indeed we are, and with a fine-mesh sieve, my friend. I havenít figured out how other DMs justify long passages of time within their ...
  3. General: DMing Style

I build a world framework. You help make that world real. I build the kind of world in which Iíd like to adventure because my NPCs are adventuring there. You then help make it into the kind of world in which you want to adventure by making choices about what happens.

I never have a PC when I DM. You are players. You have player characters. Iím the DM; I have all the non-player characters. I donít need a PC to make me feel connected to the world or point you in the right direction. I ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. The Islands: The New World, Part 2

ďWhat Do I Know about Where We Are?Ē
    You know that Clenchwarton is the primary power in the islands; when you see a ship, itíll probably be a Clenchwart vessel. You know that Clenchwarton nominally shares the responsibility with Waclaw for overseeing the largest city in the islands; they are both imperialist powers seeking conquest and resources and hoping to one-up and outdo each other. Pitting them against each other, especially on this kind of scale where it could actually matter, might ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. The Islands: The New World, Part 1

The New World

The new world is lush and beautiful, yet with untold promise comes terrible danger. The new world sparkles but darkly. And the old world wants it.

Your character canít be from the new world. You start play here, yes, but you didnít start here. The issue is one of cognitive disconnect: If only one PC were to be from the islands, Iíd have to give that one player all the information he would have and not give it to everyone else and then play a different game ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast