Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Battle Plans and Campaign Strategies

Musings and thoughts of a gamemaster

1. New Games and Old

by , 12-25-2012 at 02:38 PM (Battle Plans and Campaign Strategies)
    I've played a fair number of RPGs. I've got the books for dozens of different games, and tend to be a completest when I decide to add a game to the group repertoire. But with the huge number of games on the shelf, and the wide range of genres they represent, it's becoming rarer that I stumble on a game (new or old) that I feel brings anything new to the table. For example, I don't feel there's much that would be offered by the myriad of fantasy RPGs that seem to come out every year. I have ...
    Categories
    Game Mastering
  2. The Loss of a Good Friend and Fellow Gamer...

by , 10-27-2012 at 02:41 PM (Battle Plans and Campaign Strategies)
    We got quite the shock this past Friday. We had assembled for the weekly game, getting ready to play, and were waiting on one player, a fellow named Dave. We didn't think much about it at the time. The player was always at least on time, usually early. We also were aware of a large deployment of power company vehicles along his route, and expected he might have hit traffic and/or turned around to use an alternate route. But after an hour passed we started to worry, and I called his house number ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Reluctant Gamer

by , 02-20-2012 at 10:08 PM (Battle Plans and Campaign Strategies)
    I've been noticing more and more that gamers tend to focus on one game, and one game only. They may be a fan of literature or movies that span several genres (Fantasy, SciFi, Cyberpunk, Post Apocalypse, etc) but will only play one genre. And sometimes these players will go so far as to dismiss, or express disgust over, the other genres in context of gaming. Players and GMs alike find themselves frustrated when confronted with a gamer like this, and find themselves equally at a loss in finding a ...

Updated 05-29-2012 at 06:50 AM by Dalkiel

Categories
    Uncategorized