Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Against the Giants Campaign Journal

A journal, from the perspective of one of my characters.

1. chapter six: no smoking please....

On the Eve of Starday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. We have arrived nearly a half-days walk from the stronghold. Lord Mousehunter consented to scout out a site for us, finding as near to perfect a camp as we could hope for. Tucked away in the corner of a valley-rift, with a nearby stream hides our cave. And the cave now hides our supplies and horses. A rather tight fit at the mouth, but then it widens out nicely once inside. We will even be able to build a small fire, assuming we are ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:01 PM by nijineko

Categories
    Against the Giants Campaign Journal , Campaign Logs
  2. chapter five: hidden yearnings....

On the Morn of Fireday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. Starday passed in contemplative travel. On Moonday we met with the duke. He was not quite what I expected. He seemed more the harried bureaucrat, despite the armor. Our appointment was squeezed in between some merchant factors and soldiers report. We were thanked for volunteering, told that unusual giant activity has been taking place in his duchy, and oddly not in any of the surrounding duchies. We are to investigate and if able, ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 03:26 PM by nijineko

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Against the Giants Campaign Journal
  3. chapter four: light and dark....

During the course of Stoneday, 5th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. I am always faint in the strength of the day. As usual, we have found a place to rest, out of direct sunlight. Pik dances in the sun. The gracefulness of his leaping spinning turns tugs at my soul, so at odds with the normal jerkiness of his loping gait. Even through the double thickness of the black gauze I must shield my eyes with my hand; the deadly glitter of his scimitars form dazzling patterns about him, til his form is ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 03:17 PM by nijineko

Categories
  4. chapter three: the meeting of the members....

On the eve of Metalday, 5th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. It seems that the feeling of confidence almost invariably precedes a fall. Thus in the face of the feeling of confidence that Pik and I have been feeling, I am wondering what we have missed. We have met with Nadem's friends. They seem most capable individuals. Our time spent training together has helped us to become known to each other. Indeed, the times of sharing about ourselves and our experiences in combat have done as much in ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 03:14 PM by nijineko

Categories
  5. chapter two: cloak and blindfold....

On the Morn of Fireday, 5th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. I so value Pik's wisdom. In his blunt and abrasive way, he asks questions that, quite frankly, would not occur to me until much too late. We now prepare to embark on our journey with Nadem, to meet with his friends. We, I, have high hopes for this venture. Pik is grumbling as usual about having to cover himself from the prejudiced eyes of the common townsfolk. I remind him that I have to cover myself just as thoroughly, or suffer severe ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 03:13 PM by nijineko

Categories
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast