Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

meanderings of the sasuraijin.

1. chapter seventeen: the cold hand of death.... (or, my familiar is a what?!?)

As I write this, my hand trembles. I glance about the camp, but my friends are mostly busy debating details of our next strike, the core ideas of which are settled. There is no one who will see the tremors. I had not thought to think of these traveling companions as friends, but what else can I call them now. None but a friend will forgive a mistake which threatens the lives of all. I did not warn the others when I saw the smoke, for smoke is what it was. If it were not for the dwarves' able help, ...

Updated 02-13-2009 at 12:18 AM by nijineko

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Against the Giants Campaign Journal
  2. chapter sixteen: that fateful mistake.... (or, why my character is never, ever, EVER, allowed to stand watch again!!!)

A fierce fight ensued in the main cavern-room in the lower level. We hid Sabriel and the other three with sight obscuring magic, and had them wait in the corners of turns of the main staircase. We hid ourselves likewise and rang the alarm gong we found with some of the guards loudly. Some appropriate shouting in Giantish and a clever illusion of combat down one of the hallways completed our trap.

As expected, some giants came rushing down the stairs and into our fell into our trap ...
  3. chapter fifteen: freedom rings silently....

Sometime during the night of Waterday, 6th month of the Year of the Emberhound. I have been unable to write, so much has been happening. We waited til the guard had dwindled due to the search for us speading out through the fortress. Then we emerged and attacked. But perhaps we were too soon. It seemed that every time we finished off one group another group was just one room over. Finally the leader of the bugbear guards we had been fighting surrenders. After all of the giants in the area were slain. ...
  4. chapter fourteen: surprising entries....

We are almost as startled as the giant who steps through the door. But we recover faster. He will never recover again. Unfortunately, he was accompanied by another giant and some bugbears: guards, slaves? They are armed, so I guess the former. The second giant begins calling for help as loudly as he can. More giants, more bugbears and even some massive apes, all come pouring into the room beyond. I gather my energies and begin unleashing sphere after sphere of flame. I am forced to spare some energy ...
  5. chapter thirteen: the illusion of life....

Death is unpleasant. Near death is... nearly as unpleasant. And quite probably a good deal more painful. We quickly find a large room, but fortunately Gramblin was scouting ahead and discovered not only a secret door in the wall, but a trap in the entrance of the room. We decide to see what is worth trapping to protect it. He was able to disarm it safely. The room had a number of coffers on the far side, one of which was spilled over. All in all, a most suspicious setup if i've ever seen one. The ...