Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Campaign Logs

1. chapter eleven: by the hairs of their chinny-chin-chin....

In the Afternoon of Fireday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. We have discussed our next move. Now that we have left the stronghold, they will be vigilant. It is decided that we will use a very powerful sleeping magic upon the meat that we hope to obtain and circumvent the wolves without slaying them. Those of us with skill at hunting, such as Pik, are out securing the materials we will need. On the off chance that these are of the greater breeds of wolven-kind, we have a backup plan. We ...

Updated 02-13-2009 at 01:10 AM by nijineko

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Against the Giants Campaign Journal
  2. chapter ten: nothing warms a delver's heart like a little vandalism....

There is a whole lower level which has been excavated! We pore over the features and listen attentively to the explanations which Gramblin has of his travels. Our worries about Gramblin's long departure were, of course unfounded. The existence of the lower level forced him to extend his searching. There is too much to explore in a single night. After much discussion, we decide to destroy the armory that Gramblin found, and then retreat. Better to tackle the underground level when we are fresh. After ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:20 PM by nijineko

Categories
  3. chapter nine: scouting and counter-scouting....

If it were not such a serious business we were about, the shock and panic displayed by the giants would be almost comical. We watch as the bodies are carted away, and a search is commenced. Soon however, all thoughts of mirth fade away, as patrols in pairs begin to be seen; guards are stationed. These creatures are unexpectedly cunning, and quick to respond! In our experience, the lesser giant-kin tend towards brutality, and a disinterest in any but the most crude of social organizations. They barely ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:14 PM by nijineko

Categories
  4. chapter eight: leaping thri-kreen, sleeping giants....

In the Eve of Moonday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. We are now rested and fed; the time for our preparations is drawing near. I have now recovered sufficiently to relate the events of the preceding night. I had best set them down now, lest with the oncoming raid, they be pushed to forgetfulness.

We waited until deep dark lingering in the woods within view of, but hidden from, the giant's stronghold. What an edifice it was! No mere split logs for the outer wall, but tree ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:06 PM by nijineko

Categories
    Against the Giants Campaign Journal , Campaign Logs
  5. chapter seven: the keen edges of meditation....

In the Afternoon of Moonday, 6th Month of the Year of the Emberhound. One of my least favorite things... waking to blinding sunlight, especially noonday sunlight, most especially after a hard night's foray. Even with the forest canopy and comforting dimness of the cave, the light is intensely bright and painful to me. It would take me an hour or so to adjust, but my hunger triumphs over my painful reluctance. Eating blindfolded has it's humorous aspects. Pik laid a sympathetic hand on my shoulder ...

Updated 05-20-2011 at 04:04 PM by nijineko

Categories
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast