Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

nijineko's world

meanderings of the sasuraijin.

1. class, prestige, race, and ecl

classes, prestige, and races from allowed materials are all acceptable. when selecting a race that has an ecl, it must total less than the level limit for the campaign in question, whatever that may be. picking a race that does not have an ecl or racial class equivalent might fall under the 'i want to pick...' post, and will certainly require close work with me to come up with the ecl. if the final ecl calculation (using the rules and suggestions in savage species) is under the level limit for that ...
  2. i want to pick (insert exotic and rare choice from obscure sourcebook here)...

if you pick something rare, exotic, strange, unusual, specific to a region, organization, individual, or time, and especially at odds with the rest of your choices and background, there will be a "payment" for said choice.

said "payment" is that you will be required to write a more extensive background than normal detailing some of the who, what, where, how, and why it came to pass that you were there, then, and somehow managed to get access to said pick. ...

Updated 07-22-2011 at 01:19 AM by nijineko

Categories
    General Campaign Rules
  3. magic items

items which can be purchased from materials on the allowed list are all permitted.

creating custom items will cost full market value (unless you have the appropriate feats), and also come out of your xp, regardless of class, causing you to start at a lower level than what you otherwise might be entitled to. (this uses some of the rules from the web enhancement for the phb2, which permit someone other than the caster/creator to provide the xp under certain circumstances.) first level ...

Updated 06-26-2009 at 03:46 PM by nijineko

Categories
    General Campaign Rules
  4. Starting wealth

when starting a first level character take the maximum possible result of the starting wealth roll for your class for first level characters.

when starting a character higher than first, i use the table 5-1 in the 3.5 dmg, p.137. not the npc one. select the appropriate line.

characters starting epic use the appropriate table on p.209 of the 3.5 dmg.

Updated 06-26-2009 at 03:46 PM by nijineko

Categories
    General Campaign Rules
  5. "Bribe the DM" (limited)

this dm accepts "bribes" to consider materials and content that are not on the allowed and not on the disallowed lists. this usually means a third party publication, or an exception to some campaign specific rule, or an optional rule not currently in use in a given campaign.

if you wish to use third party published material, you must buy, and successfully deliver, a copy legal for me to own. no filesharing pdfs and the like. this means receipts and records of purchase that ...

Updated 07-22-2011 at 01:31 AM by nijineko

Categories
    General Campaign Rules
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast