Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Tabletop Gaming

IRL around the table, dice and pencils.

1. Online Gem Generator

Hi everybody, just dropping by to offer this link to a site I have up that has some various random generators for everything from gems to useless items, technobabble and wrestling moves (and wrestler names and stats). (I know there are a ton of various kinds already on the net, but I feel like some of what I offer may be different than can be found easily and might be useful. A few friends and gamers have used some of them and find them useful on occasion, so I figured I'd share with others ...
  2. Inspiration Pad: Snake Generator

These are a few examples from my Snake Generator, which I've converted to Inspiration Pad.
    The descriptives use the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay setting, but they can be changed to anything.

Name: Central Thick Moon Moccasin
    Length: 43 feet
    Diameter: 473.2 inches
    Weight: 499 lbs.
    Fear of Man: Cozy Home-Visitor
    Aggressiveness: Low (Lover-Not-Fighter)
    Toxicity: 2 LD50, 1-Low (1 quart may kill a human adult in 24h)

Name: Rhya's ...
  3. Visual Building/Room Creation for RPGs: Sweet Home 3D

Although I posted this on my website, I feel like this is neat enough to reproduce as a blog post here:

So you'd really like to get a good representation of a building or room for your rpg session, to help immerse the players in their characters' situation? There are a number of ways to do that, but here I am going to tout Sweet Home 3D, a free 3d home design application, available on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Updated 01-10-2012 at 10:19 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Tabletop Gaming
  4. "True to Life" Experience in an RPG

Is it hard to find "realism" or "true to life" experience delivered in an RPG? First - do you want it?

I think, first of all, it depends on the game you're in, and what expectations you were given, before you joined. If you joined with the promise or idea that it would be "true to life", regardless of what the genre/setting was, then yes, it definitely should be as close to what you expect as possible.

However, the player also has a lot ...
  5. Atlas Games Releases Free "Dragon's Heirs" Official Archetypes PDF

I'm glad this PDF is finally done and up on the Atlas site - nice to see it up there, and I appreciate the help from the co-author Jay and the other resources provided from other members there and some here as well; I couldn't have put it all together without the help. Blurb follows:

Hey all, anyone interested in the Feng Shui RPG might find the following useful, as Atlas Games has uploaded a free PDF which compiles brief summaries of each of their 59 official archetypes into one ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast