Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

JP's Iced Tea PBP

This is mostly from the point-of-view from someone who has joined and is active on this site for forum or play-by-post gaming, as I can't guarantee a remotely consistent schedule week in and week out, or the ability to set aside hours of time, etc., so I'm left with pbp. And this is my blog to ramble on about gaming, normal tabletop and pbp, of course.

1. My Gaming Resume 3/7/2011

JPatterson's Gaming Resume as of Mar 7, 2011:
    abbreviation: ~5 on = approximately 5 sessions online

For info on a game, check out John Kim's "An Encylopedia of Roleplaying Games"

General Overview:
    I enjoy rules-lite to rules-medium games; not necessarily "hack and slash", but cinematic and active when possible, both as a player and as a GM, cool is the rule - the more awesome, the better - implausible but applause-worthy stunts are ...

Updated 05-17-2011 at 01:18 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Atlas Games Releases Free "Dragon's Heirs" Official Archetypes PDF

I'm glad this PDF is finally done and up on the Atlas site - nice to see it up there, and I appreciate the help from the co-author Jay and the other resources provided from other members there and some here as well; I couldn't have put it all together without the help. Blurb follows:

Hey all, anyone interested in the Feng Shui RPG might find the following useful, as Atlas Games has uploaded a free PDF which compiles brief summaries of each of their 59 official archetypes into one ...
  3. Wushu Pick-Up Game

I'm in the process of running a pick-up game of Wushu here in PPG chat, for a few players, including Pieh and ak47 and others; bog-standard quick fantasy adventure. We'll see how it goes. Here are some example PCs.

Lurg Ugghrugger
    Ogre Brute
    Smash Things 5
    Thick Hide 4
    Intimidating Demeanor 2
    Friend of a Boar 3
    Weakness: Too Big
    Honor: 2

Darkkiaser
    Ninja
    Blademastery 4
    Ninjitsu 4
    Gadgets 3 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Savage Worlds Hellfrost Chat Game: First Session Schedule

Nobody has really replied about the timeframe for the Savage Worlds game so I'm setting the schedule for:

Savage Worlds Chat Hellfrost Chat Game:

Monday, Dec 13, 8PM CST/GMT -6 (6 PST, 7 MST, 9 EST)

If anyone has any last minute adjustments, please contact me before then. Thanks! -JP
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I Ran a Savage Worlds Hellfrost Tabletop Game

It took four hours from character creation to end of adventure, including stopping to eat home cooking at my friend's house, for he and his stepson and nephew, and everyone thought it was awesome and pretty simple - everyone liked it, and maybe it was the simple adventure I picked, but it was easy to run as well.

The different dice types all get used a lot and can be a bit confusing at first, and always using a "Wild Die" for all your rolls except damage also confused people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast