Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

JP's Iced Tea PBP

This is mostly from the point-of-view from someone who has joined and is active on this site for forum or play-by-post gaming, as I can't guarantee a remotely consistent schedule week in and week out, or the ability to set aside hours of time, etc., so I'm left with pbp. And this is my blog to ramble on about gaming, normal tabletop and pbp, of course.

1. My Gaming Group

Although not a game I prefer, this does show me and the majority of my gaming group, including ColdBard, playing Magic: The Gathering, April 11, 2011.

Me in the yellow. To my right is Ska Daddy the Nephilim. To his left is the Treant. In the foreground is TMI Cold Bard and hiding in the shadows like a ninja behind him is HobgobliRob.

Updated 04-14-2011 at 09:24 PM by jpatterson

Tags: coldbard Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Solomon Kane Chatlog, Session 5

So I ran Session 5 of Solomon Kane, the first real beginnings for the Wanderers, on a definite beginning of a quest to find their destinies. I'm... not sure what I think. I forgot to save Session 4. I'm certain this adventure should have only been 1 session long, but it's going to run 3 (hope to GOD it doesn't exceed that, or I've done something horribly, horribly wrong) - and no combat in it so far. I feel like I've failed somewhere, very badly, but the players that stuck around seemed to have ...

Updated 04-02-2011 at 01:20 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Feng Shui Actual Play: Heart of Darkness

I don't remember when I ran the first part, sometime in 2010, before October, but I got a chance to finish the adventure up for my players - FINALLY! David Eber's Heart of Darkness.

NOTE: Spoilers below, so if you are or will be a player in the adventure, it is best not to read this. I'm summarizing both sessions into one, and combining two groups, which consisted of a few different characters, for simplicity.

Adventure: Heart of Darkness - David Eber
    Available ...

Updated 03-29-2011 at 10:33 PM by jpatterson

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My Gaming Resume 3/7/2011

JPatterson's Gaming Resume as of Mar 7, 2011:
    abbreviation: ~5 on = approximately 5 sessions online

For info on a game, check out John Kim's "An Encylopedia of Roleplaying Games"

General Overview:
    I enjoy rules-lite to rules-medium games; not necessarily "hack and slash", but cinematic and active when possible, both as a player and as a GM, cool is the rule - the more awesome, the better - implausible but applause-worthy stunts are ...

Updated 05-17-2011 at 01:18 AM by jpatterson

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Atlas Games Releases Free "Dragon's Heirs" Official Archetypes PDF

I'm glad this PDF is finally done and up on the Atlas site - nice to see it up there, and I appreciate the help from the co-author Jay and the other resources provided from other members there and some here as well; I couldn't have put it all together without the help. Blurb follows:

Hey all, anyone interested in the Feng Shui RPG might find the following useful, as Atlas Games has uploaded a free PDF which compiles brief summaries of each of their 59 official archetypes into one ...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast