Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Blog Comments

Well, I'm not in Charlotte and I've had ups and downs myself. Here's some advice that's worked for me. This is not attacking you but this has been what I have seen in the past.

1. Be realistic in your dates/times and such.
    2. Be honest about your style and ask the GM's direct questions about their style - if not a match move on. I've turned down pure combat players who really, really want to play bc I'm not about the combat and won't waste my time; likewise as a player.
    3. Be extremely proactive in your search - there are a lot of places online.
    4. Be flexible about the system. If you want low tech, fantasy, different races (orcs, trolls, elves....), magic and whatnots, play that game regardless of the system. Pathfinder and D&D are very similar. Don't be married to one system.
    5. Expand your area. Maybe this is Atlanta only but I've seen folks who don't want to drive more than ten minutes. I'm from FL so to me driving fast in non-rush hour traffic with my tunes blasting is fine by me - 30 miles, 30 minutes, 2 gallons of gas if even, $5 - no biggie - Most hobbies cost WAY more than that.

6. Overall, be a little flexible about the various aspects. I've seen too many folks who want the game no more than 5 miles from their house, want the one (obscure at times) system, only meeting from 1:15 to 4:30 precisely every third Saturday............blah blah blah....

Hope that helps. Again, not saying this is you but I've seen it often enough....