Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Beginning a One Ring RPG Campaign: Laketown Adventure/Esgaroth

So following TOR's suggestion of having Esgaroth as a sanctuary to start, I decided to place an adventure in Lake Town itself. Lacking a introduction to the prominent merchants and noted individuals of Laketown, the fellowship is at its wits end trying to find decent work. An encounter with a street urchin pickpocket starts the adventure where the players are drawn into trying to save a group of orphaned children Called scale children. Very much based on "Dust Children" of vietnam, these ...
    Tags: the one ring Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Using 1e Modules for 4e: Treasure

Back in the 1e days, treasure was important. The amount of treasure you hauled off gave you XP. And you needed it. A magic user needed 2500 Xp just to get to level 2 so he could get one more spell . You were not going to earn that XP by killing kobolds all day with a stick. In addition, there were training cost and you were really allowed only to advance one level per adventure, having any XP left over putting you 1 away from the next level!

Not that every group followed these instructions, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Using 1e Modules for 4e: On the Fly Powers

Making Power on the Fly
    I talked about the 1e to 4e conversion in the previous post and noted the lack of power in the monsters besides their basic attacks. One of the aspects of 4e is the ability of DM's to create with monsters abilities they think would be a great challenges or story elements. I personally follow a more story aspect in DMing, as I am not a great strategist. So here are some on-the fly abilities I can apply to my monsters that require no real extra designing *i.e I am not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Using 1e Modules for 4e: Quick and Dirty Conversion

I was greatly influenced by the 1 page free game Searchers of the Unknown which premise was to create and play characters the same as monster stats for the purpose of playing 1e modules. I was nostalgic in the old days when a monster stat was two or three lines rather than a mountain of information, and in 4e, a table of information that took up space.

Using AD&D stat blocks for 4e monsters
    The point of this exercise is to allow a DM to use a 1e module to play a 4e game ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Converting 1e Dungeon adventure to 4e : Lady of the Lake Part 2

Part Two

As explained previously, I am converting the 1e Dungeon Magazine Adventure Lady of the Lake for 4e. I made several modifications to the adventure to make it more playable as a 4e (and, quite frankly, an overall better) adventure.

My first decision was to make the adventure a 1st level adventure as it was originally intended for. Naturally it can be scaled up for more powerful parties. There are no high level monsters in the adventure as originally written ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast