Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

wizarddog

1. Champions of Slaves

So it has been a while since I blog/posted/breathed on the boards except for snippets here and there. Been busy working for the school district and my practicum....

After another session of Thunderspire, even my devoted kill joy players are starting to feel the monotonous battles and story on this one. That will teach me to run a 4e game by the book! They even forget why they are there most of the time.

So I will be ending the adventure pretty soon. I halved the monsters ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Converting my 3.5 adventure arc to 4e

With my 3.5 Brooding City fallen to the wayside, I spent a good few months running a 4e on the two players I have left. The seriousness of the campaign is not the same (mostly on my part) and I have used a converted 1e module and Thunderspiral labyrinth (raised in level) as the adventuring tales so far. As far as 3.5 is concerned, I currently run the Dark City PbP which covers a lot of stuff in the world.

That said, I did have few good adventure plots left over from Brooding city ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Divergent Thinking: RPG in Elementary Education

Introduction:
    With the economy going the way it goes I too found myself laid off back in April from the print industry. The lay off and subsequential absence of jobs in my field forced me back to school and rethinking my career. Surprisingly, I found Early Childhood Education to be my interest and now have completed my first semester at Mission College in the field. I have enjoyed my classes so much that I plan on getting my Masters in the field in a few years.

While ...

Updated 02-14-2010 at 03:36 AM by wizarddog (Bad Spelling)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pathfinder Savage Tide 2

Well, at about session 3 of pathfinder we have found our PC's radically altered to fit the new system. I have gave up my ranger for a new Paladin PC. Shar has turned her pirate into more of a fighter, Marcus drop his wizard for an arcane trickster, and Shaun has transformed his PC into a Mystic Theurge. After two hours of some players complaining about their PC's as they finished them up, we finally got started playing. I would have liked sooner, as I had to leave an hour early, but that is not ...

Updated 09-28-2009 at 07:11 PM by wizarddog

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pathfinder Rules Playing Savage Tide

Well, we had a session of Savage Tide converted to Pathfinder. We were all 11/12th level PC's with new class combos, magic items and different outlook on life.

Maybe it was the encounters, bad roles, the lack of one players Cleric, another player still making his PC, and a new player who never played a druid (and D&D) before but we got our arses handed to us.

We were in that crazy flesh city looking for the Lords of Dread and those pearls. We descended into a flesh ...
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast