Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

wizarddog

1. D&D Essentials Red Box

So for Saturday, I attended the D&D Redbox game day at Game Empire, Pasadena. My goal was to take a look at the red box system mostly to see if it would serve as a good easy system to use for my program for after school activities. So, in may case, I was interested only on how it would work in that setting with beginning gamers.

In this game, I played the pregen Dwarven Fighter Slayer, which had an interesting set of powers. Most notable of the character was the lack of dailies, ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  2. Gaming around Town

So I am gaming in some games outside of my own (once populated) circle. Our DM for Pathfinder has retreated to his Townhouse in all but virtual identity and I continue my group with players; consisting of my wife and one other.

The few meetups I have had at Game Empire for LFR have all been boring to me and got tired of playing those scripted mini adventures.

I managed to hook up with a group that meets Sunday during the day at Emerald Knights. I am playing a Hybrid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Champions of Slaves

So it has been a while since I blog/posted/breathed on the boards except for snippets here and there. Been busy working for the school district and my practicum....

After another session of Thunderspire, even my devoted kill joy players are starting to feel the monotonous battles and story on this one. That will teach me to run a 4e game by the book! They even forget why they are there most of the time.

So I will be ending the adventure pretty soon. I halved the monsters ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Converting my 3.5 adventure arc to 4e

With my 3.5 Brooding City fallen to the wayside, I spent a good few months running a 4e on the two players I have left. The seriousness of the campaign is not the same (mostly on my part) and I have used a converted 1e module and Thunderspiral labyrinth (raised in level) as the adventuring tales so far. As far as 3.5 is concerned, I currently run the Dark City PbP which covers a lot of stuff in the world.

That said, I did have few good adventure plots left over from Brooding city ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Divergent Thinking: RPG in Elementary Education

Introduction:
    With the economy going the way it goes I too found myself laid off back in April from the print industry. The lay off and subsequential absence of jobs in my field forced me back to school and rethinking my career. Surprisingly, I found Early Childhood Education to be my interest and now have completed my first semester at Mission College in the field. I have enjoyed my classes so much that I plan on getting my Masters in the field in a few years.

While ...

Updated 02-14-2010 at 03:36 AM by wizarddog (Bad Spelling)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast