PDA

View Full Version : Anime!

Katbutt
04-18-2009, 08:40 AM
What is your all's favorite type of anime? I like Vampire Knight but that's just because Kaname's hot...

GoddessGood
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Cowboy Bebop, and I've watched every episode of Inu Yasha (mostly for the setting, which I kinda liked). I also watched Kyo Kara Maoh ... but that was mostly because Conrad was hot ... :redface:

Katbutt
04-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Inuyasha is AWESOME!!!! But I have to read the books 'cause my dada said something along the lines of "If I see Inuyasha on youtube I will go to the mainframe and turn youtube off!" so sad...

jade von delioch
04-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Twelve kingdoms, trigun, Fushigi Yuugi (and the squeal), 3x3 eyes, and blackheaven.

Valdar
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist was awesome. Cowboy Bebop was also very good.

MortonStromgal
04-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Some of my favorite series include Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, and Cowboy Bebop.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
There was what only can refer to as early anima that i wished i knew the name of. It was quite long and had to do with a battleship(looked like a regular battleship) in space. Apparently they needed the worlds power to jumpstart it. After this, they were flying to Pluto to destroy an incoming asteroid. But guess what? It was an alien spacecraft and there were plenty of space battles, etc. Seems like it played daily on tv for 30 minutes, for a month. Anyone remember this famous early amima?

Please note that i was pulling from memory of 30 years ago. I also know that in the early 1990's, it could still be purchased. So its got to be around. Thanks for your help.

MortonStromgal
04-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Robotech? more specifically Macross? IDK did it have giant super transforming robots? The veritech fighters could transform between plane, giant robot, and a hybred form.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Nope. Nothing like that. Nothing that changes into something else. Thanks for taking a guess. Hopefully someone will know the answer. I mean, how many battleships are also flying space battleships? So i'm hopeful.

Anyone else want to give it a guess?

jade von delioch
04-18-2009, 12:23 PM
starblazers?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 12:26 PM
starblazers?
You rule! Thanks very much.

Grimwell
04-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Star Blazers!
I loved it as a kid. LOVED it.

I'm actually streaming the "Yamato" movies that the series was based on via Netflix to my Xbox this month. One movie per weekend of watching.

If you are into Anime at all, and want to see some of the modern roots for it, this series is must watch. It's good too.

Sascha
04-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Hmmm ... let's see, what hasn't been named yet ...

Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, Evangelion, FLCL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, for starters. Gotta say harem shows are a real weak spot for me, what with Ranma 1/2 and the Tenchi series.

The current love is The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, which combines Crazy Awesome over-the-topness with all flavors of harem tropes (but subverts/inverts the heck out of 'em ^_^). And it's a slice of life show, to boot~

Goreaddict
04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I like mechs >.> All and anything that does deal with mobile suit gundam (8th ms team would be my favorite) Gun grave, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Dead Leaves, Zoids(lame I know), Samurai X, Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex,and abunch of others I can't recall because its been awhile since I've had a chance to sit down and watch through some. I enjoy Mechs, Explosions, Gore, and a decent story with some twists.

nijineko
04-18-2009, 10:18 PM
i like miyazaki flicks and pretty much anything studio ghibli or similar.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I could handle watching some Samurai Champloo right about now.

...Thoth ducks for cover

Sascha
04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
i like miyazaki flicks and pretty much anything studio ghibli or similar.
We watched Totoro in Japanese class, and Lupin III: the Castle of Cogliostro; good stuffs. Still working on my collection of Miyazaki films ^_^

I could handle watching some Samurai Champloo right about now.

...Thoth ducks for cover
Watanabe Shin'ichirō makes some fun stuff; Cowboy Bebop's already been mentioned, no need to hide the <3<3 ;)

BrotherDog
04-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Although I have seen a few episodes of many of those already mentioned, I highly recommend Natshiko Kyogoku's "Requiem from the Darkness". , I almost forgot about Slayers as well.

nijineko
04-21-2009, 03:03 AM
We watched Totoro in Japanese class, and Lupin III: the Castle of Cogliostro; good stuffs. Still working on my collection of Miyazaki films ^_^

anytime a miyazaki fest is wanted, gatherers are welcome, at least as many as can fit in our little apartment's living room and dining room, and are willing to bring potluck. =D with some technical expertise and decent weather, we could set up extra tables and chairs (if anyone has some, we don't right now) outside-we actually have a yard, and twin the feed to the second tv which could be pointed out the living room window...

and if anyone takes me up seriously on that, here's as many of the house rules as i can recall off the top of my head: we don't do smoking-even nearby, alcohol, non-herbal teas, and caffeinated beverages in general... we leave our shoes at the door (habit from japan. =D), and after the baby's bedtime we'd have to keep it kinda quiet. and i'll have to run this past my wife for her approval if i do get a bunch of takers. ^^ questions, comments, requests for clarifications all welcomed. :cool:

bring some rpgs and card/board games and we could make a mini-con out of it, call it the niji-con. :D