PDA

View Full Version : Food vices. What are yours?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
List your food vices. The vices where portion control doesnt even play a role. Basically, you eat till stuffed. :eek:

Mine are:

Garbage Burritos & Pepperoni Pizzas.

I'll eat till stuffed. When it comes to these foods, i forget all about portion control.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Chinese food and pizza, no question. Also, the little bread rolls they pass out at restaurants before the meal. More than once I've eaten so much bread that I'm too full to finish the food I ordered.

yukonhorror
04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
any shellfish or calamari.

Dimthar
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Kfc

jade von delioch
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
potato chips

mrken
04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Chocolate has for decades ruled my life, but last year after I had a heart attack I gave it up, mostly. On very rare occasions I will snag a small piece. Ice cream on the other hand I do not cheat on even though it was a very close second place finisher in my addictions. :( Sometimes I am so sad about this turn of events, but I am happy to have learned some control as it allows me to continue to suck air.

nijineko
04-17-2009, 08:12 PM
usually i don't have issues with any food... except after my monthly fast. unless i down a bunch of water when i finish the fast, i tend to stuff myself with whatever the next meal is. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-17-2009, 08:17 PM
usually i don't have issues with any food... except after my monthly fast. unless i down a bunch of water when i finish the fast, i tend to stuff myself with whatever the next meal is. ^^
I've started my 7 day fast 3 days ago. Once completed i will implement a fast once a week for the rest of my life. My new diet consisting of grains, vegies, etc. It sucks, but it's time.

Why oh why cant pepperoni pizza, orange chicken, and garbage burritos be the healthy foods. I'm telling ya, life just isnt fair.

Other vices i had to give up: chips with green onion dip, and chips and salsa. Mmmm.

nijineko
04-17-2009, 08:24 PM
i try to fast at least once a month. ideally this consists of a complete abstinence of all food and drink for 24 hours. in my case this period is typically accompanied by prayer, meditation, study, and introspection... at least as much of that as i can squeeze in around the two little boys, nowadays. ^o^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-17-2009, 08:27 PM
i try to fast at least once a month. ideally this consists of a complete abstinence of all food and drink for 24 hours. in my case this period is typically accompanied by prayer, meditation, study, and introspection... at least as much of that as i can squeeze in around the two little boys, nowadays. ^o^
Did i read that right? No liquids as well, no warm water, even? That's tough. I'd rather go 7 days fasting with water to drink than 1 day with a complete fast. My respects.

Sascha
04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Chinese food and pizza, no question. Also, the little bread rolls they pass out at restaurants before the meal. More than once I've eaten so much bread that I'm too full to finish the food I ordered.
This, minus the pizza (lack of sufficient lactase makes dairy rather incompatible :P).

But I'll raise ya potatoes, especially hash browns and tater tots. Nums. ^_^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Wanna hear something funny? For years i thought chinese food was healthy in those fast food joints. Little did i know that they were drowned in salt, etc. Imagine my disappointment.

Sascha
04-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Can't handle salt much, either, heh. Fries are almost always covered in it, and the roommate puts way, way too much on when I let her make the tots.

mrken
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Fries... haven't had them in years, don't seem to miss them much even as much as I enjoyed them. But hash browns... I used to be a breakfast cook while in college and that has been my favorite meal of the day for years. Now my daughter has taken a liking to breakfast when I make my farmers breakfast. Eggs her way, hash browns, sausage or bacon, toast and juice. Just thinking about it makes me hungry, even at this late hour. Alas, no more. :(

Grimwell
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
I try to partake in the four food groups as often as I can:
Cheesy, Salty, Meat, and Booze.

Well, I don't try, but I enjoy it thoroughly. Living in SoCal I get a great mix of different foods at any time I want. I'm really becoming a fan of spicy Mexican foods these days. Not Taco Bell style either. The good stuff...

kirksmithicus
04-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Pretty much anything that'll burn a hole in yer gut. I also miss real pizza, haven't had one in about a year. Big fat greasy fried pizza crust!

GoddessGood
04-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Now when you guys say pizza, do you mean new york or chicago style? :)

*ducks and waits for the flames*

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Over in Fairfax, Virginia, off of Braddock Road, there is a shopping center where Angies Pizza can be found(i believe they are still there). They had some seriously oily pizza, but damn! was that good.

I know of a few Fairfax, VA., members on this site. Is this place still in existence, and if so, have you tried it?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Another food vice of mine: brownies. Damn, they're good. Me likes mine chewy. :eek:

Grimwell
04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Now when you guys say pizza, do you mean new york or chicago style? :)

YES!

Clearly though, Chicago style is the better of the two.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Definitely!

mrken
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
YES!

lol Grim, you read my mind.

ronpyatt
04-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Del Taco.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
There breakfast burritos are killer.

nijineko
04-18-2009, 10:06 PM
i have to admit that the tonkatsudon i was served at the ranran in tsukuba-shi over in japan still has me talking about it to this day. makes me hungry for it every time i think of it. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Just finished my 4th day of fasting and i would absolutely love to stuff myself with a large pepperoni pizza at this moment.

agoraderek
04-19-2009, 04:25 AM
They make pizza in Chicago?

Yes, I'm a displaced Sicilian New Yorker...
Oh, yeah, my food vice. Sushi and sashimi. I'll go to a happy hour and the Sushi chef will have sore arms from rolling...

tesral
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Chicken Shwarma (From Palm Palace or, Sanders Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

With anything else there is control.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
YES!

That's not pizza, that's a casserole.

Just finished my 4th day of fasting and i would absolutely love to stuff myself with a large pepperoni pizza at this moment.
Whyfore the fasting?

Also, Haagen Daas had a flavor of ice cream called Sticky Toffee Pudding. I ate the entire pint of it without realizing, and then had to go find a recipe and actually make sticky toffee pudding. My pudding wasn't as good as the ice cream, though :(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Peppermint ice cream is awesome. Thank god it's a seasonal thing else i'd be eating it all year round.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Ice cream churn + Peppermint extract.

Combine.

Profit.

tesral
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Ice cream churn + Peppermint extract.

Combine.

Profit.

I find the churn a little on the crunchy side.

Grimwell
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
That's not pizza, that's a casserole.

This does not deny the awesome that it is. :laugh:

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Whenever we go out I get Raspberry ice cream, its my favorite. Only Martins carries it here, Food Lion doesn't and with Walmart its a hit and miss thing.

Does anyone have a Voccellis nearby? They have a great meat pizza.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Unless it's that time of year, i usually go with cookies and cream ice cream sundays.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Thats what we picked up last week, the kids decided that since they outnumbre me they could pick, and proceeded to fight. I made them decided on cookies and cream.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Of course, bubblegum, and chocolate chip cookie dough is pretty outstanding as well.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Do you like Brithday cake flavored, my son does.

If I want to go expensive its Cherry Garcia, my second favorite.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Never tried that flavor. I use to love chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Now-a-days, there are so many flavors of chocolate frosting, i can never find the right flavor and therefore stop eating cake. Sadness.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:05 PM
<My kids love frosting, when they make a cake half of the frosting goes in their mouth not on the cake.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I still love "cleaning" the bowls of brownie mix.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
ya know after the thread jack thread I could go for something barbeque right now. Taking my younger daughter to Chilis for her birthday and gonna get a plate of ribs.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:24 PM
ya know after the thread jack thread I could go for something barbeque right now. Taking my younger daughter to Chilis for her birthday and gonna get a plate of ribs.
Be sure to eat a couple of ribs for the rest of us, Kaewin.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh I will, unless my wife "borrows" some like last time.

tesral
04-20-2009, 03:28 PM
This does not deny the awesome that it is. :laugh:

Uno's had a pizza called a "Bianco" I loved Italian sausage and garlic with a white sauce not a red one. A feast of garlic. I miss that one.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Thats what we picked up last week, the kids decided that since they outnumbre me they could pick, and proceeded to fight. I made them decided on cookies and cream.
It obviously also came with winsauce

<My kids love frosting, when they make a cake half of the frosting goes in their mouth not on the cake.
I quote Alton Brown when I say that the cake is merely the delivery vehicle for the frosting.

Never tried that flavor. I use to love chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Now-a-days, there are so many flavors of chocolate frosting, i can never find the right flavor and therefore stop eating cake. Sadness.
Chocolate buttercream. There are many ways to do a buttercream, though, so you'll have to pick your favorite. I envy you in your task, my good man.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:31 PM
There was this little pizzeria in Warwick RI that had this great supreme pizza, it was full of toppings. They just dripped everywhere. I miss that about Rhode Island. That and a real Italian bakery, nothing like that here in Winchester.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Made a calamari pizza once, pretty damn good.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I love calamari, its better than octopus. There was this Italian restuarant in RI called Chellos that had great fried calamari and the best broiled scallops

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Sounds delicious. If ever i find myself near RI, i'll have to check it out.

tesral
04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
There was this little pizzeria in Warwick RI that had this great supreme pizza, it was full of toppings. They just dripped everywhere. I miss that about Rhode Island. That and a real Italian bakery, nothing like that here in Winchester.

There is nothing like a Baked Real Italian.

agoraderek
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
There is nothing like a Baked Real Italian.

*Hides the tobacco papers*

Wha...?

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
I would go up to Federal Hill where a good portion of immagrants would move too and go from Bakery to restaurant and get all kinds of treats. A few of the shops would make there own spaghetti and sauce where you could watch it. Its hard to get better than that.

Katbutt
04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I'd kill for peeps...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Would you believe i have never tried peeps. Never tied the puffy pink things either. Dunno what they are called.

Katbutt
04-20-2009, 08:04 PM
NEVER? Dude, I feel REAL sorry for you.
No peeps... I'm gonna cry...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 08:14 PM
NEVER? Dude, I feel REAL sorry for you.
No peeps... I'm gonna cry...
Hey, i've tried Yoo Hoo. So i am not completely out of touch. If i ever get offered a peeps, i'll give it a taste.

Here's some good information for those from the 1980's that miss Marathon Bars: You can buy an identical candy bar except in name. They are called Curly Wurly.

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I miss Mars bars

tesral
04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd kill for peeps...

I'd kill peeps.

I miss Mars bars

It's so hard to get real mars these days.

agoraderek
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Zagnuts. The last time I saw them was at some backwater convenience store in Arkansas.

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I'd kill for peeps...

You, and my +4 Ball and Chain (wife) and the +5 Battle Axe (mother-in-law) too. They're big fans of the peeps. They had chocolate covered peeps for Easter, and washed them down with a 40 of Yoo Hoo.

Zagnuts. The last time I saw them was at some backwater convenience store in Arkansas. Back in what I like to call "The Time Before Safety" otherwise known as the 1970's.

Chick-O-Stick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-O-Stick)

I ate more than my share of these things as a child.

and Hot Tamales (http://www.candywrappermuseum.com/justborn.html) rule!

So very wrong in this day and age, but I had a two pack a day habit in kindergarten Lucky Spike (http://www.candywrappermuseum.com/luckyspike.html).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Zagnuts. The last time I saw them was at some backwater convenience store in Arkansas.
I believe they still deliver them to the backwater locations. I purchased both the candy ciggs and the zagnut bars within a decade ago.

I just looked online and can easily buy both. Whooray!

kirksmithicus
04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
This one (http://www.candywrappermuseum.com/mybuddy.html), :thumb: just made me laugh way to hard.

Sascha
04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Mmmmm, if only they made kitten and puppy Peeps, to complete the wrongness of eating sugar and marshmallow replicants of baby animals.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
.99 cent double-stacks at Wendy's. Mmmm.

Grimwell
04-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Uno's had a pizza called a "Bianco" I loved Italian sausage and garlic with a white sauce not a red one. A feast of garlic. I miss that one.

Uno's isn't too bad. Great in a pinch (like me and living in SoCal). They do a fine job of importing the idea and I'm fond of ginv them my money. ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 12:55 AM
My personal favorite southern california pizza was from pizza pirates. They had the spice mixture just right. Mmmm.

GoddessGood
04-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Apparently Nilla Cakesters are my new weakness. I knew I had a weakness for Nilla wafers, but after eating six (3 packages) Nilla Cakesters, I resolved to not buy them anymore.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 11:03 AM
That does sound good. I miss Big batch cookie mix, from the 1970's...before the flavor pack.

tesral
04-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Back in what I like to call "The Time Before Safety" otherwise known as the 1970's. .

Everyone over Thirty should be dead (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?autocom=blog&blogid=20&showentry=133). Yep, I played sports and rode my bike with zero protective gear. Drank water out of the hose. Never did develop a taste for worms. I once rode from Blue Ridge, Ga to Atlanta in the back of a pickup. (Some will content this explains a lot.)

Mmmmm, if only they made kitten and puppy Peeps, to complete the wrongness of eating sugar and marshmallow replicants of baby animals.

I now know my next evil scheme. The Ninja will arrive shortly so no one will ever know it was your idea first.

Uno's isn't too bad. Great in a pinch (like me and living in SoCal). They do a fine job of importing the idea and I'm fond of ginv them my money. ;)

My only complaint is the only one "near" me is in Ann Arbor 40 miles away. I love their food. I will not get into the debate over "what is pizza?" Yes, works for me.

kirksmithicus
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Everyone over Thirty should be dead (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?autocom=blog&blogid=20&showentry=133). Yep, I played sports and rode my bike with zero protective gear. Drank water out of the hose. Never did develop a taste for worms. I once rode from Blue Ridge, Ga to Atlanta in the back of a pickup. (Some will content this explains a lot.)

LOL, no kidding huh.

I could list all of my childhood hobbies, but most are considered to be to dangerous for children these days, and I don't want to set a bad example. ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh man, i don't think i could even begin listing all the dangerous stuff i did as a child. If you don't start a thread on this, i surely will. Let me know.

Good title: Close calls.

Kaewin
04-21-2009, 01:58 PM
For the older crowd, do you remember Hostess pudding pies and Jello pudding pops?

Quisp cereal

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I remember them. How 'bout those big wax lips?

Kaewin
04-21-2009, 02:04 PM
The little country store up the street sells them

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
cashews covered in chocolate. Coffee beans covered in chocolate. Mmmm

Kaewin
04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Flaky Puff pastries from Hostess

tesral
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Two words....

Cotton Candy

kirksmithicus
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Fried Burritos
Corn Dogs
Onion Rings

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Hot wings with plenty of sauce

mrken
04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Hot Wings... :flame::hungry:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I like to mix my hot wings with BBQ sauce. Tangy-hot flavor... Mmmm.

kirksmithicus
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
My biggest food vice though, would have to be Butter, baby!
I learned how to make homemade bread just so I'd have something almost equally as good to put it on.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Cant fault you there. Butter makes everything taste better.

Kaewin
04-22-2009, 05:39 AM
have you been watching the Buttertons comercials?

I like to take choclate pudding and rub...........wait thats not for here is it?