PDA

View Full Version : Probably Stupid question but curious

Panthro82
04-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I noticed that some people are higher levels than others. How do you level up on your profile? Probably not a great question but I am new to this site. Thanks for the insight!

yukonhorror
04-17-2009, 10:47 AM
go to the level up thread.

There are a couple of factors.

Making friends, posting pictures, posting albums, making threads, having people view your threads, having people reply to your threads, visitor messages, posting to peoples threads, joining or starting social groups, posting to your blog, how many days you have been on the site.

I know that's not all of them, but it is close. If you go to a profile, click on P&PG experience, you'll see the breakdown for a character.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 11:03 AM
The short answer is: Be active on the site. Yukonhorror listed a lot of ways activity is counted. You also get XP (towards leveling up) just by being a member for a long time. There are people here that have never posted that are level 3.

There are no real perks to being a higher level, it's more just a badge of honor.

spotlight
04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd call that lazy leveling. Not nice. I think i'll send a note to FarCaster about that.

BTW, welcome to the site.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Meh, level 3 is small potatoes ;) Let 'em have it. Not like they're here to enjoy it anyway.

Etarnon
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
pretty much, post.

if you want a community supporter tag donate.

nijineko
04-18-2009, 01:52 AM
be friendly. just being is not enough to justify an existence. the stone woman's dance.

Panthro82
04-18-2009, 11:30 AM
thanks for all the insight guys i really appreciate it!