PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle

mrken
04-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Anyone hear this girl? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=related

GoddessGood
04-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Yup, just watched that not an hour ago. I don't know how this stacks up to what it's supposed to sound like (having never seen Les mis) but she's got a good voice.

Kaewin
04-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Thats true she does sing well, CNN had something about her this morning.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Yeah, she was all over the yahoo! frontpage yesterday. Made me sad that one of the first things people were talking about was getting her a makeover. It's sort of like saying, "Oh, she's worthwhile? Well, let's try to make her easier to look at, then ..."

Kaewin
04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I like the fact that she is plain, it proves that not everyone has to be beautiful to have talent

mrken
04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey, a lot of us could use a make over. For an ex stud muffin though, can't really erase time though. lol So what's one to do if they ain't all studdly or babelicious?

I for one don't really care what she looked like, I think she was great. Shoot, I used to be in love with Babs. lol

tesral
04-20-2009, 08:50 AM
I like the fact that she is plain, it proves that not everyone has to be beautiful to have talent

There is is, right there. How many great talents have been passed over because they didn't have a pretty face?

I saw the video. Incredible voice, good stage presence. I look forward to her recordings. I have Paul Potts, I'll gladly add Susan Boyle.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
There is is, right there. How many great talents have been passed over because they didn't have a pretty face?

I saw the video. Incredible voice, good stage presence. I look forward to her recordings. I have Paul Potts, I'll gladly add Susan Boyle.
Reminds me of the girl who sang the national anthem for China during the last Olympics, actually. The girl on stage was actually lip synching. The girl who actually sang wasn't considered cute and perky enough to represent China, or somesuch bs.

Paul Potts. Great voice, unfortunate name ... horrible teeth.