PDA

View Full Version : If you were a vampire

ronpyatt
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
*This topic came up shorty after a Twilight viewing. So, I thought I'd post.*

If you had to be a vampire, what kind of vampire would you be?

With all the stories out there about vampires, the selection is vast. Would you be one of those struggling to be "good" vampires, a misunderstood psychic vampire, a shape shifting hunter, a grotesque monster, or a Vlad ruler type searching for Mr/Mrs right? Or would it be some other kind of vampire?

jade von delioch
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Do i get to sparkle?

i would be the mass murdering type

Genzodus Thoth
04-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Master of mind control. There is no secret society. There is no revolution.

GoddessGood
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
The rich, secluded type. Time to catch up on all that reading I wanted to do.

Valdar
04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
I'd definitely want to be the non-sparkly kind.

Vampires shun sunlight because it makes them sparkle and gives them away? That's like saying that Superman actually avoids Kryptonite because it gives him acne. If they really had no weakness like this, why aren't they in charge by now?

On topic, I'd second GoddessGood- go for the "Highlander"-style immortal lifestyle, with a few people chained up in the basement as my own personal "blood bank".

yukonhorror
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
either holed up in a dungeon so I could game all day and all night with my vampire minions

or more of a blade vampire hunter concept.

GoddessGood
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd definitely want to be the non-sparkly kind.

Vampires shun sunlight because it makes them sparkle and gives them away? That's like saying that Superman actually avoids Kryptonite because it gives him acne. If they really had no weakness like this, why aren't they in charge by now?

On topic, I'd second GoddessGood- go for the "Highlander"-style immortal lifestyle, with a few people chained up in the basement as my own personal "blood bank".
Because they're not immortal, just hard to kill.

Why bother with people when I could actually own a blood bank?

Sascha
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Psychic vampire, a la Dresden's White Court. Inhumanly pretty? Check. Strength and speed? Check. Not-easily-identifiable feeding method? Check. Stoker trappings? Not so much~ (Then again, I've always been a fan of the succubus/incubus, hehe.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Shape-shifting vampyre in seclusion perfecting my magickal abilities.

jade von delioch
04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I like the idea of owning my own dungeon with minions, i could set it up alla-Disneyland with a gift shop. The n have a large prize at the end for all the heroes to try and seek out. In fact i might do that in my game, come to think of it.

Kaewin
04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I would be one of those horrific monsters, thats what thye are after all monsters, suck blood worse than lawyers or politicians. Think Sabbat, I would be the one to bring out the other vamps to fight me. I would also have lots of little vamp minions and plenty of ghould. I would seize control of a town one day and transport myself and group to another a day or two later. Leaving a trail of bloodshed and death until someone is forced to confront their inner hero and put down the stark raving monster I have become.

Or maybe get an all night candy shop and petting zoo with free pony rides.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I would be one of those horrific monsters, thats what thye are after all monsters, suck blood worse than lawyers or politicians. Think Sabbat, I would be the one to bring out the other vamps to fight me. I would also have lots of little vamp minions and plenty of ghould. I would seize control of a town one day and transport myself and group to another a day or two later. Leaving a trail of bloodshed and death until someone is forced to confront their inner hero and put down the stark raving monster I have become.

Or maybe get an all night candy shop and petting zoo with free pony rides.
I'm confused. Which one was supposed to be more terrifying? ;)

Kaewin
04-17-2009, 08:49 AM
free pony rides

MortonStromgal
04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
free pony rides

Oh... your a Malkavian...

Freejack
04-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Brian Lumley's Wamphyri might be an interesting vampire. His seem to have some logic to them :)

Carl

Kaewin
04-18-2009, 07:33 AM
They do have the best fashion sense:biggrin:

Katbutt
04-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Ugh no sparkling please. I'd be the hot kind everyone wants to get their blood sucked by with the superhuman strength and speed. Oh, and immortality. My first plan of business? To kill my geography teacher! This way I don't have to do my report...

Panthro82
04-18-2009, 11:42 AM
I definitely wouldnt sparkle...cause then I wouldnt be a vampire at all! Is there a breakdancing ninja vampire? I'd be that one.

tesral
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Only two ways to go. Either stay out of sight, build a secret life away from prying eyes, or be as public as you can be. Televangelist sounds like a perfectly evil life to unlive.

Katbutt
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I definitely wouldnt sparkle...cause then I wouldnt be a vampire at all! Is there a breakdancing ninja vampire? I'd be that one.
Yeah what's with this sparkling*!^# seriously I mean come on that's like that one series I read where, get this, BEING A VAMPIRE IS A GENETIC CONDITION!!!!! What's up with that *!^# ? Huh, HUH?!

Genesplicer
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Lets see, I'd be the world spaning vampire running around the globe to grab up every scratch of magical knowledge I possible could so I could acomplish the dual goals of becomming thew most powerful mage ever, and learning to talk like Yoda.

Sort of a weird cross be tween a Malkavian and a Tremure.:D

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Only two ways to go. Either stay out of sight, build a secret life away from prying eyes, or be as public as you can be. Televangelist sounds like a perfectly evil life to unlive. LOL, the bad rugs give those undead suckers away every time though.

Panthro82
04-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah what's with this sparkling*!^# seriously I mean come on that's like that one series I read where, get this, BEING A VAMPIRE IS A GENETIC CONDITION!!!!! What's up with that *!^# ? Huh, HUH?!

LOLs sounds like the writer was watching an X-Men movie when they wrote that. Yea I'll check out most anything on Vampires and when I got to the part in Twilight where he sparkles I had this feeling in my stomach like I just drank expired milk. If I were a vampire I'd go to that authors house and show her a real vampire.

Sparkling? Maybe Edward isnt a vampire but instead....A Glimmer Elf of the Summervale!!

Genesplicer
04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Got this off of an old RPing mailing list years ago. I have no idea of its original sorce.

What I will do if I Am Ever a Vampire

1. I will not pick off friends, family or neighbors of the Hero one at a time. This annoys the Hero and drives him into action. They'll still be there when he is dead.

2. There are thousands of people who want to be vampires. Why pick someone who doesn't?

3. The Hero will come armed with holy water, a cross and a stake. I will come armed with a 5.56 mm assault rifle, a rocket launcher and grenades.

4. When biting women to make them slaves, I will bite them in discreet areas, such as the inside of the thigh, the lower part of the breast, or some similar location not requiring painfully obvious alteration of clothing or ridiculous accessories to conceal.

5. I will equip my home with a marvelous device called a Burglar Alarm with an automatic dialer. It will be difficult for the Hero to kill me in my "sleep" while he's under arrest for attempted break and enter.

6. My coffin will be concealed and will be a plain wooden box. The elaborate oak coffin with gold trim resting in the basement will be equipped with claymores designed to shred the body of anyone who opens it.

7. I will wear a watch, and verify what time the next day's sunrise occurs, every evening, before heading out for the night's activities.

8. The formal attire with cape will be reserved for special occasions. Jeans and a t-shirt will be fine for everyday wear, as they are less noticeable.

9. I will not engage in a battle of wits with the Hero. I plan on killing him anyway so what's the point?

10. There will be no windows, doors, elevator shafts, or air vents accessing my Hidden Lair that have any sort of access to the outside through which sunlight can be directed to my Lair using mirrors.

tesral
04-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Got this off of an old RPing mailing list years ago. I have no idea of its original sorce.

What I will do if I Am Ever a Vampire

Variation on the evil overlord list.

LOL, the bad rugs give those undead suckers away every time though.

Some of us do not require rugs.

Genesplicer
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Variation on the evil overlord list.

Yes I know, but I have no idea who to credit with the creation of this particular variation.

tesral
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes I know, but I have no idea who to credit with the creation of this particular variation.

That is so often the case with the Internet.

Kaewin
04-22-2009, 08:06 AM
I like that. Of course I would have self destructed by then.