PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Movie

GoddessGood
04-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Anyone going to see this when it comes out in May? I plan to, and probably more than once, but wanted to see if anyone else locally was interested. Maybe we can get a watching party together. I think large groups can get discounted tickets, too, depending on the theater.

Genesplicer
04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I expect the movie to be crap. It'll likely go against all of the excepted backgrounds and character origians already established.:mad: Heck, the previews show shots of the Enterprise being constructed on earth itself, when acording to the series and all of the books it was constructed in orbit. Which, ofccourse, is the only practical way, considering the Enterprise is NOT capable of atmospheric flight.:tsk: Hopefully, those shots are just for the adds. and they'll get it right in the movie. Oh well.:ohwell:
But I'm such a Trekie that I'm going to go anyway.:) In fact, it's almost a sacred duty.:amen: I would love to go with some fellow fans.:biggrin: The Regal theater at Spring Valley and 75 has twilight shows between 4 PM and 6 PM that are aproximatly $2.00 off regular admission. Just a suggestion, as wheather or not that's a viable option for a group viewing will depending on every one whose interested's differant locations.

GoddessGood
04-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm familiar with that theater myself. It's not one of the cushy new ones, but that tends to translate into less crowded theaters and (slightly) cheaper tickets. And even if the movie does disappoint, there will be a crowd of the likeminded to rip it apart with :) and that's just as fun.

ronpyatt
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
My bf and I will be seeing it.

GoddessGood
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Awesome. Potentially a small group forming to go see this? I'd be dragging my bf along as well :) I personally prefer to see movies a week or so after they've premiered so the crowds can die off a bit.

ronpyatt
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
We often see movies on the weekend before 1pm to beat the crowds. Careful study of human behavior shows the crowds begin to swarm soon after the noon hour.

GoddessGood
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Haha, that was the same reasoning behind holiday movies with the family. Mom can't stand crowds so we'd always go to the first showing of a given movie before the holiday meal. People apparently caught that this was a good idea and the theaters are just as crowded then as ever.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I am, and have high hopes for its success. In fact, i hope it does so well that they will continue making movies with these characters. Yep, glass overflowing hopefulness on my part.

Genesplicer
04-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Alright, I count four of willing to come, and at least to other hapless souls to be drug along (err... I mean honorred individuals truely blessed with the oportunity to attend in good company and fellowship:wink:) So that's six. I might be able to get some of my gaming group to join us. Thet could bring as many as 3 more (although that's unlikly).

What we need to do now is decide when we're all going. I have a pretty flexible scedual, so it's easier for me for the group to find a consensuss, and then adjust myself to match.
So, when are we going?:pop2:

ronpyatt
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
It comes out May 8, 2009, which is about 3 weeks from now. Do we try to see it a week (or more) after opening? Or are we itching too much that we can't wait until the 15th or so?

I'm assuming the weekend is better for most folks. So, correct me if I'm wrong. Then a Saturday or a Sunday? Friday might be tough to manage.

Morning? Early show? Late afternoon? Evening? Midnight?

We'll also need to hash out the where, and filter out any boycotts or unpleasant experiences. I'm guessing that the Regal Keystone Park 16 (http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=chrome&q=13933+N+Central+Expressway,+Dallas,+TX+75243&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=JVTrSZvdMOngtge28NnJBQ&z=16&iwloc=A) will be showing it, which is one of my preferred movie locations.

Please, post your ideas.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd second the Regal Keystone. It's not bad, location-wise, thought it's not one of your fancy theaters. Ticket price to see Watchmen was $9.50 and that was on a Friday night. I figure if we go to a Saturday matinee that'll cut the price down. May 16th sounds good to me.

So count me and my boyfriend in. I will check with my groups this weekend to see if any would be interested in coming to see it, too.

Genesplicer
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
So, Saturday May 16th at the Regal Keystone between 4 PM and 6 PM for the matinee.

Sounds like a plan to me. Now all we need is a rally point for our asult upon the unsuspecting theater going populace...err...I mean we need to set a designated meeting point so we can be sure to go in as a group.

ronpyatt
04-30-2009, 05:02 PM
It will most likely be warm outside. So, how about near the back entrance with all the video games?

Genesplicer
05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
That's sounds pretty good. Now that we've had are April meet, I can actualy recognize people and be recognized in return. That should help things alot.

Genesplicer
05-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Ok everyone, here are the showtimes for this week that fit into our plans: 4:05, 4:35, and 5:05. While its possible these showtimes will change next week, it's likely they won't change very much or even at all over the first few weeks. There good enough to make some basic plans.

My vote is for the 4:05 showing. TI'm thinking that the earlier we go, the smaller the crowds.

GoddessGood
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Hmm, I might have slightly double booked. We were out of town last weekend and so missed mother's day with the hubbs' mom. We rescheduled to this Saturday, so I'll have to make sure I arrange it as a lunch. Would the 5:05 be ok? I want to make sure I'm back in time for this, I'm really excited! :)

ronpyatt
05-12-2009, 12:30 AM
The earlier the better, but 5:05 is within the established parameters. Of course, I think showing up early is necessary to get tickets and socialize before the show.

We'll know more when the show times are finalized.

Genesplicer
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Hmm, I might have slightly double booked. We were out of town last weekend and so missed mother's day with the hubbs' mom. We rescheduled to this Saturday, so I'll have to make sure I arrange it as a lunch. Would the 5:05 be ok? I want to make sure I'm back in time for this, I'm really excited! :)
I have no problem with the 5:05 show. We'll probably want to all try to be there early so we can be sure we can get good seats and not end up split up all over the theater. Ron sugested we congrigate over by the vidogames after buying tickets.

We'll know more when the show times are finalized.Remember, theaters change their show time on Fridays, so we'll have just over 24 hours to finalize our plans. We need to have a tentative scedual worked out in advanced. I doubt they'll change the times that much, heck they may not change them at all, its only the second week. So we need to figure about what time and how early we want to be ready to go into the theater as a group.

Right now, it looks like we're planing to see the movie at around 5 PM, so how early do we want to get our seats? 1 min, 20, min, 30 min, an hour? My vote would be that we should have all gotten together and be ready to find our seats by about 30 min before showtime. Any one think that's too early or too late?

Oh, and either Goddess, because it was her idea, or Ron, since he's our official organizer, should put this on the callender.

GoddessGood
05-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Movies generally start seating 30 minutes before show time, so being assembled before that is necessary if we want good seats that are all together. I'll try to get there as soon as I can, but we'll be coming from Fort Worth (Keller, actually) and the boyfriend tends to drag his feet ;)

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Hmm, can't set up the meeting. I guess only the group mod can do that. However, it appears the showtimes are 4:05, 4:35 and 5:50 (not 5:05). 4:35 sound good for everyone? I tend to like getting my tickets ahead of time. The internets can be wonderful things. They are not, however, dump trucks (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArU35CklWo).

Dimthar
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I won't be able to join, but if someone can take a Camera and take some pictures, to add to the group's page.

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Heh, I'm charging my camera up for a trip to Scarborough on Sunday, so yeah, I'll try to remember to bring it :)

ronpyatt
05-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Event Posted.
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3476&day=2009-5-16&c=9

Did I get it right?

Genesplicer
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes, you did. See eveyone there. Sorry you can't make Dimthar. Hopefully Godess can get us pics.

So, the plan as I understand it is that we all try to arive by about 4:05-4:10 PM, meet over by the vido games, and then head in as a group. Do I have this right?

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Sounds good to me :) See you all there :D