PDA

View Full Version : 18 today! :D

Goreaddict
04-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Yep today (4/12/91) would be my Birthday, I'm 18 :D. However today and this weekend in general has completely sucked. Me and my gf were fighting, I'm broke, got absolutely nothing for my b-day (dad gave me my car that I've pretty much been driving for the past few years just now I have to pay insurance...some how..all my parents are laid off -_-) no job, and all my friends were out of state so no one even came over not including the fact I live in the middle of no where and there's nothing to do :frown: . Hopping to have some people up next weekend at least, but we'll see. :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Happy Birthday, Goreaddict. Never forget you that you have over 7000 friends on P&PGs.

Goreaddict
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
ty >.<

Grimwell
04-14-2009, 12:30 AM
It's belated, but happy birthday and welcome to legal adulthood. Don't forget to register to vote!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Noticed your name was Goreaddict. So i figured you just might love zombie movies, so here is one coming out later this year. It looks to have potential: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/16/emma-stone-joining-woody-harrelson-for-zombieland/

Being a gamer, nothing can be better than adding a little undead influence into a game. Probably explains why i enjoy zombie flicks.

tesral
04-14-2009, 01:02 AM
There comes a time in your life when people will no longer care about your birthday. That is about age 11. I guess they get used to having you around. At the age of 51 I get asked "What, are you still here?"

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a bad patch. All I can really offer you is that this too shall pass. Nothing lasts forever. At a young age everything is sharper, brighter, more intense. It seems like every thing is something new that has never happened before. I know that this is the case with you. With age comes experience and a certain mellowness. Be patient, seek beauty,practice kindness. This too shall pass.

It will sound cruel, but it is not, I hope this is the worse time in your life. For if you never suffer worse than this your life will be endless joy.

GoddessGood
04-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Happy (belated) birthday! If it makes you feel better, at least you did not have to get your picture taken with a pink, fuzzy crown on that says "Party Princess." I went to a hibachi place this weekend and the family at the grill with us had a seven year old boy there as his birthday dinner. They banged a drum, gonged a gong, sang a loud song a plopped a pink hat on him and took a picture. :)

Goreaddict
04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
@ Thoth
I love zombies O_O A LOT! I have a ton of zombie movies/books I'll be looking forward to this, but I must say the best zombie comedy I've seen was "Fido", Shawn of the Dead was good, but meh.

@ Grim
Yeah that, the draft, and college. Got it under control. :D

@ Tersral
Yeah so I've noticed, but I'm pretty heartless and had probably one of the worse child hoods someone forgetting me doesn't mean much. I just feel like every day the world grows just a little bit more dull and Grey. I need to get out of here and go some where soon.

@ Goddess

>.< that sucks, but its better than nothing right?

tesral
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
@ Tersral
Yeah so I've noticed, but I'm pretty heartless and had probably one of the worse child hoods someone forgetting me doesn't mean much. I just feel like every day the world grows just a little bit more dull and Grey. I need to get out of here and go some where soon.

"If you depend on others for your happiness, you will be forever disappointed."

agoraderek
04-16-2009, 03:05 AM
"If you depend on others for your happiness, you will be forever disappointed."

You need to tell that to my gf...

To the OP: Yeah, small towns + crappy childhoods = get out ASAP. (Been there, wrote the novel...)

Trust me, the dull and gray wears off with a purpose and a change of scenery.

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Game more. It helps. Also, develop hobby that doesn't depend on anyone else. Some paint mini's, Tesral and Thoth write. Something like that is great to pass the time until you get the chance to get out on your own. Don't worry if you suck at it, that just gives you a chance to get better.

tesral
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Writing, model building. Writing is cheaper. I do both. With writing you have the tools if you are on line. It costs only blood sweat, toil an tears.

Don't expect the great American novel. I personally don't believe the beast exists.

Dimthar
04-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Feliz Cumpleanos!!

Time to open those Coronas!, Bring out the Tequilas!!!! ......

..... oops! I forgot I was not in Mexico anymore Toto.

Sorry, keep drinking root beer.

Goreaddict
04-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Game more. It helps. Also, develop hobby that doesn't depend on anyone else. Some paint mini's, Tesral and Thoth write. Something like that is great to pass the time until you get the chance to get out on your own. Don't worry if you suck at it, that just gives you a chance to get better.I play video games religiously online and offline. Read some, go paint balling, and four wheeling. Occasionally I go out with my uncle to the rifle range and shoot some stuff. I'm so far really use to disappointment and being forgot about. So I guess I'll make a really good old person. >.<
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Writing, model building. Writing is cheaper. I do both. With writing you have the tools if you are on line. It costs only blood sweat, toil an tears.

Don't expect the great American novel. I personally don't believe the beast exists.love to paint and model but no money income currently as for writing I have to be in a writing mood.

Feliz Cumpleanos!!

Time to open those Coronas!, Bring out the Tequilas!!!! ......

..... oops! I forgot I was not in Mexico anymore Toto.

Sorry, keep drinking root beer.

."Root Beer" right that's what I'm drinking... :whistle:

Skunkape
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Congrats.

The thread title reminds me a Benny Hill skit.:D

Starts out with Benny saying something like, 20 today, 20 today as this guy walks by, so the guy says, "20 today?"

Benny nods, so the guy then says, "Well let me buy you a beer."

They drink their beers and as soon as the guy walks away, Benny starts saying, "21 today, 21 today."

GoddessGood
04-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I play video games religiously online and offline. Read some, go paint balling, and four wheeling. Occasionally I go out with my uncle to the rifle range and shoot some stuff. I'm so far really use to disappointment and being forgot about. So I guess I'll make a really good old person. >.<
Start practicing this phrase: "Why don't you call your grandpappy anymore?"

tesral
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
love to paint and model but no money income currently as for writing I have to be in a writing mood.

I understand that. I am also told by professional writers that to be serious about it you have ot write every day, or at leas sit in front of the computer for that same time ever day. I am not a serious writer.

"Root Beer" right that's what I'm drinking... :whistle:

Root beer is good. I like root beer.

Start practicing this phrase: "Why don't you call your grandpappy anymore?"

BECAUSE THE PHONE WORKS BOTH WAYS YOU LAZY OLD FART! :D

At least what I say when I get asked.

nijineko
04-17-2009, 11:59 PM
congrats on the occasion. may you find many gaming friends online here. ^^

Goreaddict
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Start practicing this phrase: "Why don't you call your grandpappy anymore?"on a side note because they are all dead... BUT when they were living I'd spend every day at their house on the lake with them because they took care of me and I found them interesting. They all had interesting stories about where they came from but my last name Bryant comes from the first kind of Ireland Brian Boru, my name means Son of Bryn, Bryn means Raven >.< and my family crest is an azure background with a golden cross across it which has red diamonds on it so you can imagine the stories that came from them. On my mom side however they just lived crazy lifes and went all over the world, they all day pretty much about the same time and I miss them dearly, but thats life. I used to visit my Great grandma everyday at the hospital she out lived all of her kids at the age of 95 she died, even though she was old her mind was young so i enjoyed her company alot.

anyways (i typed all of this from a thing that traces our family back for ever >.> i went four wheeling today got home and had nothing better to do.Maybe you might find it interesting.)
Brian Boru Born in 941 A.D. of royal blood in the province of Munster he became chieftain of Dalcais in the north area of that province and eventually its king by the force of vigor of his warrior-like leadership and administrative skills. "By the 8th century monasteries had become secular lordships in all but name. Their wealth and stores of precious vessels, made of them, an inviting target for the marauding vikings." the ancient seat of the high king from Tara to Cashel of the Rock and got to work. Amongst his paradoxically, when king Brian was ready to fight the Vikings he was too old to wield a sword. So the great army he built up he placed in the hands of his 2 sons, both strong, willful and trained in generalship. The vikings decided to stand therir ground at Clontarf beside their Dublin settlement where they could rmbroil their Leinster Allies in the battle to come. Their fellow Vikings came in thousands to help them from the Isle of Man, Orkneys and elsewhere. THe great Irish army moved relentlessly to Clontarf to attack the foreigners. Brian was an inspiration to his warriors. The battle began on April 23rd, Good Friday, the year 1014. Grappling in a close fight all day the Irish side Gained ground in mighty Hand-to hand single combat with their long "swords of light". Brian's encouragement prevailed and the retreat of survivors from the battle field to the sea began, It was a momentous event in Irish history but the price was high. While in the flight a foreign soldier spotter King Brian in his saying a prayer of Thanksgiving for a and final victory. The Viking leader Broder on hearing this returned in rage and attacked Brian with his sword. Old as he was the king severed his attackers 2 legs as the battle ace fell heavily on his head. On his longed=for day of victory the great, well loved monarch died. It was king Brian's life work that began the aspirations of the Irish nation everywhere to resist foreign domination whenever and wherever it had forced itself into the motherland.

congrats on the occasion. may you find many gaming friends online here. ^^tyvm :D

nijineko
04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
awesome. speaking of ancient history... apparently our family are direct descendants of charlemange. through one of the female lines of descent. or so my mom informs me. ^^

Goreaddict
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
awesome. speaking of ancient history... apparently our family are direct descendants of charlemange. through one of the female lines of descent. or so my mom informs me. ^^Nice >.< along time ago we got invited to some castle in Ireland; after my aunt dumped tons of money into tracking our bloodline and has A TON of stuff apparently we were not only Brian Boru's decent but our family had 8 other kings that rule over Ireland (sons and what not) and helped put 2 into power and some famous football coach, and a famous humanist/writer was in our bloodline, we have a huge Track beside our middle school named Bryant field after someone in my family aswell ^_^ but were poor now >.< so blah. Its interesting to see where you come from gives you a sort of unity in your family aswell as pride you should look into it and see if its true or not, Charlemange i mean.

nijineko
04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
yeah, as she was tracking down certain branches of our genealogy, she stumbled into some well tracked lines, so it seems pretty firm.

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
@Goreaddict: If you don't mind some *ahem* adult content, you will probably enjoy The Lion of Ireland (http://www.amazon.com/Ireland-Celtic-World-Morgan-Llywelyn/dp/0765302578/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240239099&sr=8-1), a historical fiction of Brian Boru, and it's follow up book about his sons, Pride of Lions (http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Lions-Celtic-Morgan-Llywelyn/dp/0812536509/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240239172&sr=1-16), by Morgan Llewellyn. She's got a lot of books set in that general area of time, so if you like her style there's plenty to keep ya entertained for months ;). I found both the books I referenced in my local library when I was researching my own irish heritage. My father's mother was half French, half "black" irish and had all the spirit of both. I feel more kin with my Scottish side; my maternal great-grandfather was a Kerr and came over on a boat through Ellis Island. I got to meet him a couple of times, and he used to send me poems he'd typed up on an old typewriter. My aunt saved as many as she could and bound them into a collection that she passed around at a family reunion a few years ago. He died after a long retirement of chasing nurses around and had a full head of reddish hair :). My sister and I are planning to visit the clan castle (Ferniehirst (http://www.ferniehirst.com/default.htm)) next year in the summer.

nijineko
04-21-2009, 02:44 AM
tell us how the castle visit goes!

Goreaddict
04-21-2009, 06:27 AM
@goddess I shall look into it ^_^ and very nice I want to goto a castle >.> regardless of it has anything to do with my family's bloodline or not >.< and yes let us know how that works out.

GoddessGood
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm excited to see the left-handed staircases, m'self. Apparently Kerrs have an odd tradition of being left-handed and so they built the spiral staircases in the castle backward so they would be better able to use their sword arms on them and handicap the attackers who fought right-handed. I was supposed to be left-handed, but my second grade teacher forced me to write with my right hand. I held my pencils funny until 8th grade when they tried to teach us penmanship.

Skunkape
04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm excited to see the left-handed staircases, m'self. Apparently Kerrs have an odd tradition of being left-handed and so they built the spiral staircases in the castle backward so they would be better able to use their sword arms on them and handicap the attackers who fought right-handed. I was supposed to be left-handed, but my second grade teacher forced me to write with my right hand. I held my pencils funny until 8th grade when they tried to teach us penmanship.

My father forced me to be right-handed, which I'm somewhat happy for, because, I can and do use both hands almost equally. I can even write left-handed, but not anywhere near as quickly or as legibly. If I'd practice writing with my left hand just a little bit more, I'd be ambi.

GoddessGood
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
My father forced me to be right-handed, which I'm somewhat happy for, because, I can and do use both hands almost equally. I can even write left-handed, but not anywhere near as quickly or as legibly. If I'd practice writing with my left hand just a little bit more, I'd be ambi.
Yup, used to do that myself, but I never got very good with it. I have more power in my left hand for some reason, but all the fine control happens with my right hand.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I knew at the turn of the century that left-handers were forced to write right-handed, but was unaware that folks still encouraged their kids to be righty's. Interesting. Well, on the positive side, very cool to be able to write with both hands.

I've also read that all samurai were right-handed(sword style), whether they were born that way or not. Kind of sucked being a swordsman and being forced to go with your less capable side with fighting. Writing is one thing, but when your life is on the line is something very different.