PDA

View Full Version : out of character discussion

wandos1
04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
you can talk about anything on this thread, as long as its not offensive to other players.

Anodyzed
04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
What 'character sheet' generator does everyone here use? I can do it by hand, but if I have to print a blank sheet and fill it out, I figure I may as well use a spreadsheet to fill it out, then print it when its done.
I use this one:
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IM_kSQdISwt82Tw7lKvY6iYx4d3AqiDB6H_EXi99BsG7cX0gb2 qLwOyu5IkG2cOdLEHiXxULSpjkzZbt8VmjgmEseuV_/Saga%20Edition%20Material/Saga%20Edition%20Character%20Sheet%20v5.1.xls

sorry about the long title, its in this yahoo club 'file' location:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/D20StarwarsRPG/files/Saga%20Edition%20Material/
and its the 5.1 version .xls

Knowing that it needs Excel, that excludes some people, but I haven't found one I like better.
Let me know what you use?

Anodyzed
04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
so russdm, how about some tickler for those of us ready to get into the feel of our character... something harmless and aside, just so we can 'prep' a bit.
I have a wookiee with an attitude that could use some exercise!

Grazak
04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Just testing to see how dice work....

C'mon Yahtzee!!!
--- Merged from Double Post ---
I hate to double post but I have a question for our illustrious DM. What, if any, is your procedure for acquiring a licensed weapon as part of my starting gear? Do I just need to pay the fee, do I assume that there are plenty of worlds where licenses are ignored, or are weapons that require a license off limits at the start of the game?

I am getting ready to buy my starting gear and I realized that what I decide to buy will depend on what blaster I can buy.

russdm
04-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Regarding licenses: Frankly I have never seen that rule enforced or even used. I have always just assumed in my games that people simply had the license and didn't need to buy them. It is a fairly useless rule. I would require paying for licenses if the item was restricted or military.

I know the licences rules should be used but it seems to be more of a hassle than a real benefit. I say this because: 1) Paying additional money to get a license to use a weapon cuts away at funds. 2) You have to succeed on a skill check to get the license and so thus be able to use the item. If you fail, you don't get the license and if anybody catches you with the item you get in trouble. 3) It takes time to get it, usually a day meaning that you can't use the item you need the license for until you have the license.

I really don't like the whole bit with licenses that much. No gm i played star wars with used the license requirements and i haven't either. I would for some items-restricted/Military because that makes more sense anyway.

so in answer, just assume you have the license if it is not restricted/military/illegal. If the item is one of those three, then you need to buy the license then.

Anodyzed
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Grazak, not sure what is happening to your dice rolls, but try this:

{roll=d20+5} your text here {/roll}

only difference, use [ and ] instead of the { and } I just used in the example. I leave the 1 out of the 1d20 (or 1d8), unless its 2d or 3d something, then I put it in. And no spaces between any of the terms/characters inside the brackets.

Every site with a die roller is different, I had to write out a reference chart for all the ones I'm in to keep them straight!

Grazak
04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Yea I went in to chat yesterday and ended up figuring it out. Apparently the roller doesn't like spaces :p At least I got it figured out on the filer adventure

Dytrrnikl
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Just giving the die roller a try.

attack roll

Grazak
05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Just to clarify is this current transport a New Republic Transport taking just the 3 of us to Bespin or is this a generic transport taking a bunch of people to Bespin?

russdm
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Its a New republic Transport taking a bunch of people to bespin. Technically its a transport that the new republic paid to have take you to bespin since it was going there anyway. So in answer, Its a generic transport.

Anodyzed
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Lagerboy tells me he finally got over here... hope to see him join VERY soon!

Anodyzed
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
russdm... what's going on? last post looks like it needs your comment before we move on...

Grazak
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
My guess is he was away for the holiday weekend. I know I had a lot to catch up on at work today so I assume he had the same.

Anodyzed
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Russdm, what are we waiting for?

Grazak
06-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I hope this game isn't dead....

Anodyzed
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Same here. I've joined a couple only to have them wither on the vine, so to speak. I don't think that's the case here, I keep checking every day!

cg0101
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Is it posibal for me to join in.

im prity new to p&p and star wars rpg.

im puting togeter a charicter but dont know if i haev it quit right.

russdm
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry fellows for the long wait. I was fairly busy and so rarely got on. Things are now moving back into full swing.
@ cg0101: i still got room. Go ahead and send the char detail with background. Post it in the character sheet thread

So this is up and running again.

Anodyzed
07-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Yaaayy! Now I have to find my character and 'relearn' him.

Rorrorra! The woookiee scout...

Anodyzed
07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I still think there might be something wrong with the die roller.

Lagerboy's roll was 'unreachable' for me as well as a very confusing roll of my own.

pertinent comment

cg0101
07-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Sorry that i hvent got back to yous. im in the middel of exams at uni.

ill try and get my sheet up over teh weekend seeing as i have my last exam tomorow.

russdm
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I couldn't read lagerboy's rolls either. It just had a green asterisk and nothing else. That is not good. I do need to know what he rolled.

Anodyzed
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
I couldn't read lagerboy's rolls either. It just had a green asterisk and nothing else. That is not good. I do need to know what he rolled.

I read something about rolls being messed up while the board was revising, so that might be why I had trouble also...

Since no one can read them, I'd suggest you just ask him to re-roll them.

I can reroll mine too if you like...

lagerboy
07-30-2009, 09:55 AM
i can always roll on a different site if need be, say anodyzed's site maybe, or at least until the dice roller is worker

Anodyzed
07-30-2009, 10:32 AM
So russdm, how many of us are still here for this game? Lagerboy and myself, and I saw a new one, cg0101, but haven't seen any of the others back yet!

Grazak
07-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Both Dyt and I are lurking just waiting for everyone else to post. He sent me a PM making sure I knew.

lagerboy
07-31-2009, 09:53 PM
lagerboy rolls some dice

lagerboy rolls some dice

now it rolls good for me

Anodyzed
08-09-2009, 12:14 AM
This won't be a long battle for Rorrorra... 26 damage in the first wave!
Thats well above his threshhold, so he'll go -1 on the condition track, and if he doesn't take a second wind (to get back 18), he's got 2 left!

Rocket launcher? So much for 'cover' behind the door huh! With that area of effect, I'm surprised he even had to roll to hit!

russdm
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
The 26 damage if it is a hit. If the attack roll missed then only half damage was taken. Remember that. Your comrades in the room are definitely going to notice the explosion...

Anodyzed
08-09-2009, 11:12 PM
The 26 damage if it is a hit. If the attack roll missed then only half damage was taken. Remember that. Your comrades in the room are definitely going to notice the explosion...

He's Reflex 12, so I'm kinda figuring that the 16 from the Rocket Launcher hit. As a matter of fact, while I'm looking at it, then the 13 from the Blaster Carbine will hit also, and that additional will put Rorrorra down.

He'll use a Force Point to stabilize at 0, unconscious. That's what they're there for, right?

Grazak
08-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Does everyone in the blast radius take full damage or half damage???

russdm
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
its full damage if hit, half damage if not.

Grazak
08-11-2009, 09:29 AM
The rocket took me down too. I took 5 more damage then my health not sure where that puts my on the condition track or what I need to do.

russdm
08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
You have to be kidding. Only tor and boro are up? wow...

Anodyzed
08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
The rocket took me down too. I took 5 more damage then my health not sure where that puts my on the condition track or what I need to do.

Assuming you have some Force Points left (you get 5 at 1st level and since we really haven't used any before this you should have them), even non-Force users get them (the non-Force users call it 'luck' or 'providence' or whatever)...

You can use a Force Point to stabilize in an unconscious state at 0 HPs. Your condition won't get worse unless someone intentionally tries to kill you, and you can be revived and healed like normal damage.

If you're taken below half HPs, you can take a Second WInd (Swift Action) to restore either one Fourth of your HPs or your Con score (whichever is greater). You can only do that once per day.

With Rorrorra (Skora), it happened SO fast he wasn't able to take a "second wind". 6d6 damage on a 1st level character is usually fatal. Let's hear it for Force Points!

russdm
08-13-2009, 01:33 PM
well, i as figuring that people would have higher defenses. And i figured that the brutes would miss more. Oh well. At least tor and boro are up and so can finish off the last two.

Besides, you are supposed to get the missile launcher to use later...

lagerboy
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
so just waiting for tor to go

Anodyzed
08-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I played that whole scene all wrong. Rorrorra has the Evasion Feat, so instead of taking full damage (since the rocket is an area effect weapon), he would have only taken half damage. That would have left him 'up' and fighting, able to shoot at the other badguy.

So, up to You, Mr. GM. We can carry on as IS or he can pick himself back up and carry on... your choice boss.

russdm
08-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Pick that walking carpet back up. since he has the feat, it should have taken effect. So get him back up and running.

I applying the evasion feat of rorrorra retroactively, so it applies and means then that you are standing. This does not change the brutes attacks in any way. So you should act before the brutes do, then they go, then tor goes.

There may be some change depending on what happens. or there may not.
i am finding Boro's use of force disarm amusing. Did you ever play jedi outcast or jedi academy? when you used force pull to take a weapon from an enemy that usually picked up a weapon from a down comrade or their own if you didnt have space to absorb the ammo. if there are still weapons on teh ground, your enemies will just pick them up. The party should plan to make full use of disarm by picking up weapons from fallen enemies so Boro's force disarm is major difficulty for enemies than just a minor inconvience.

This is some advice for later battles you will have.

lagerboy
08-16-2009, 02:15 AM
will state next time if the weapon flys into his hand or drops onto the ground, well as long as boro will have a free hand available

russdm
08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Good.

Grazak
08-17-2009, 12:28 AM
It's a good thing that the guy who understand Shyriwook is unconscious lol

russdm
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
So both Boro and Deak can understand the wookie.

Something important for you to know:

Force Points: These do what they say in the book, but you may also use one to increase your result by one instead of rolling.

Jayzilla
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Hm, I'm considering joining this, since I'd like to play some SWpbp... A few questions: What edition rulebook are you using? Are there any class guildines?

I generally know how pbp works, but I've never played on this website or completed a SWRPG adventure online. Hopefully it won't take long for me to work out the kinks.

russdm
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I am using the Star Wars Saga edition for this game.

Jayzilla
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
oh, yeah, that's the version I'm unfamiliar with. Good luck.

Anodyzed
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I will be on vacation for 8 days, starting early Saturday morning, and I'm not going to have internet access!

So, I don't have a problem with the GM or one of the other players running my character for that week.

I'm still here til Friday...

wandos1
09-19-2009, 02:49 PM
hey guys im sry i left without saying anything i have had alot going on these past months. the game looks nice though.

Anodyzed
09-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm back. Will read to catch up.

And Rorrorra is ready to kick some 'hairless' ass!

Grazak
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Sorry guys. My internet went down at home and I have been too busy to get on at work until today. I am having a tech out in the morning so hopefully I will be back on tomorrow.

Anodyzed
10-02-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm confused by that last post.

I specifically left Rorrorra in the hallway, but we just has STormies break in on us from some different door?

russdm
10-02-2009, 01:36 AM
They came out of the closet.

Grazak
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
They came out of the closet.

I feel a joke looming here but I am going to just walk away.

Anodyzed
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Is there anything we players can do to help the GM speed the game up a bit? Sometimes its DAYS between posts!

Maybe if we all acted without waiting for init order and the GM just sorts it out when everyone's acted by the time the next one needs to act?

russdm
10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
That may work, but actions done by the opponents or your other players may change things. mainly its just waiting for people to post up. I try to check every day and see if i need to post anything up.

It may take some time yeah. be patient, not everyone has as much free time as you or me.

lagerboy
10-13-2009, 05:43 PM
well it is my turn to go on vacation, going hunting, probaly wont get anything, but will come back with several empty whiskey bottles, will be gone from the 15th thru the 25th of this month, if anyone wants to play and maybe kill one of the pc's that i am running, well then have fun , if not have fun anyway with them :wink:

Anodyzed
10-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I'll play Lagerboy's character, til he's back, but since its been a while, can we get another Initiative list in the current combat?

Also, don't recall how many Storm Troopers there were in that closet!

russdm
10-21-2009, 06:20 PM
There were four stormtroopers.

lagerboy
11-03-2009, 01:15 AM
are we going to continue on without grazak or at least npc grazak then

Anodyzed
11-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Yea, we really DO need to pick up the pace a bit in this game. I know people have lives, lose internet, all sorts of reasons, but for those left behind waiting, its agony.
Perhaps we can get agreements on NPCing someone missing, obviously not the GM but... the rest of us... I don't mind at all someone NPCing my character if I'm lax or missing for some other (unknown) reason.

And I don't mind running someone's character for them, as long as they don't mind, temporarily while they're unable to do so themselves.

Other's thoughts on this?
(while we wait... hehhe)

russdm
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
If he doesnt post soon then one of you will run him as an npc till he gets back.

lagerboy
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
will have to check on how to block the melee attack, with boro's turn before hango's

lagerboy
11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
will have to check on how to block the melee attack, with boro's turn before hango's

unfortunately i am having problems with the dice roller on this site

Anodyzed
11-23-2009, 12:26 AM
So one Stormie is running off and the other has dropped his weapon, what are we going to do? Seems like the one that got away will bring a world of hurt on us if we don't get out of here.

russdm
11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
One dropped his weapon, the other is still shooting at you. Where is the stormie running off?

Anodyzed
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I misunderstood.

lagerboy
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
that tickles me pink with laughter, "you killed kenney", BAHAHHAHA

Anodyzed
12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
russdm, your comments during and after the recent combat make it sound (to me) like you have some attachment to those stormtroopers, or at least a strong dislike for the actions of the party. What's going on? Have we tangled the storyline or ??

russdm
12-04-2009, 12:45 PM
You shot a surrendering stormtrooper after he had dropped his weapon and raised his hands. You earned a dark side point for that. I was just running the stormies as if they were real.

Frankly i don't care about them but i want them to be real more than just faceless enemies without personality so you understand you are fighting people actually in the stormtrooper outfit not just outfits.

thats all.

Anodyzed
12-04-2009, 09:57 PM
well, again I must've gotten crossed on who was who. I thought the 'last one' was the one still shooting. And since he didn't answer the question, seemed like he was going to continue to attack, so ... vibroblade.

russdm
12-23-2009, 05:33 PM
This is information for players more than characters:

Rorrorra and Skora are connected. Skora is a wookie bounty hunter that works for Imperial Intelligence. Rorrorra is a wookie.

Skora's father was named Rorrorra and Skora killed his father after learning he was helping the rebels out. When Skora began working for II, he had them implant another personality in his mind to take over when/if he got captured.

Skora has a datacard explaining everything about himself that Sven has to give to Rorrorra. It will explain what is exactly going on.

Anodyzed
12-23-2009, 09:42 PM
This is information for players more than characters:

Rorrorra and Skora are connected. Skora is a wookie bounty hunter that works for Imperial Intelligence. Rorrorra is a wookie.

Skora's father was named Rorrorra and Skora killed his father after learning he was helping the rebels out. When Skora began working for II, he had them implant another personality in his mind to take over when/if he got captured.

Skora has a datacard explaining everything about himself that Sven has to give to Rorrorra. It will explain what is exactly going on.

So my character Rorrorra isn't really who I designed him to be? He's really an II operative with planted memories? The "link" you describe above doesn't account for planted memories unless Skora and Rorrorra are the same being. I guess that (perceived) inconsistency is why I'm still confused.

russdm
12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Both Skora and Rorrorra are the same wookie. Its just taht when Skora was captured by the NRI, his mind was replaced by the Rorrorra personality to keep II secrets from being revealed to NRI.

Anodyzed
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I understand your explanation of the Skora / Rororra identity.

What you're telling me is that the Character I designed is the 'fake identity' and that he's really Skora, the II operative designed by the GM.

I just can't get my head around running a character that is a 'farce'. Let me think on it more... There doesn't seem to be many options...

russdm
12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Skora is just another persona for your char. You will be able to choose which one to follow with.

Its like Revan from the Knights of the Old Republic game.

Anodyzed
12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know the game Knights of the Old Republic, perhaps because I don't do console games.

I'll stay with Rorrorra for the time being, but it distresses me that my fellow party members can't trust Rorrorra to NOT be Skora, the II operative.

russdm
12-30-2009, 10:32 PM
The thing to remember is that you don't have to be Skora. That you can walk a different path and be a different person.

lagerboy
12-31-2009, 05:01 PM
well none of the other pc's and mine included really dont know what is going on with yours anodyzed, so the way i am and will be playing mine is some how you might have some latent force powers that might let you see into the future

Dytrrnikl
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Sorry for not chiming in sooner, as it's been a hectic holiday with kids. In any case, I think the Skora - Rorrorra dynamic is pretty slick. KotoR had the chaarcter go on a journey of self discovery where you find out that you were the big bad evil Sith scourge and you could go back down that path or turn over a new leaf. If it helps, think of it as something like the movie Total Recall.

lagerboy
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
so are we still playing this or not, havent seen anything recent in a long while

Anodyzed
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
so are we still playing this or not, havent seen anything recent in a long while

Over two weeks.

I check every day for anything new.

But I do have to say, if its dead, then we should close it, not let it linger without knowing. If its up, then ...

russdm
01-20-2010, 01:13 PM
it is still going but rather slowly.

Anodyzed
02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
500 xp is a goodly amount.
But exactly how many ways are we splitting that 2000 credits?

lagerboy
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
tor
boro
rororrar

just the 3 are left to do anything, i say do 500 to each and 500 fro the group slush fund, like using it for fees as a group

Anodyzed
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
tor
boro
rororrar

just the 3 are left to do anything, i say do 500 to each and 500 fro the group slush fund, like using it for fees as a group

That works for me.

russdm
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
What about Deak? i thought Grazak was still with you...unless he has gone and quit on me. If so, I would need to break down the xp break up since i counted him in. it would be 2000 total xp, so each of you would get a third since Deak was no longer here.

lagerboy
02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
well then, lets give everyone 2 days to respond to this and continue on from there :yawn:

Anodyzed
02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
well then, lets give everyone 2 days to respond to this and continue on from there :yawn:

Rorrorra still here.

Dytrrnikl
02-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Tor still here.

lagerboy
02-05-2010, 11:31 PM
so 2 days have passed now, and just the 3 of us have checked in, your call russdm

boro=lagerboy
tor=dytrrnikl
rororrar=anodyzed

russdm
02-05-2010, 11:35 PM
right. so its just you three.

Anodyzed
02-06-2010, 12:14 AM
So, 500 credits apiece and 500 for the 'party expense' fund?

Got it.

lagerboy
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
alrighty then game on with the extra funds :)

Dytrrnikl
03-02-2010, 01:12 PM
If I'm correct, we've earned a litle over 1000 XP...1033 to be exact, which would be enough to hit 2nd level. IS this correct Russ? 400 xp from the encounter in Tor's quarters and then another 633 xp for the Hango encounter (2000XP/3ways), for a total of 1033XP.

Tor is going to become a level 2 Soldier, take Improved Damage Threshold, and for HP...
2nd level Hit Points

lagerboy
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
ooofffff on the hp, sucky roll

Anodyzed
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I'll level up Rorrorra as soon as the gm tells us that's the good total.

Dytrrnikl
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
ooofffff on the hp, sucky roll

Yeah, well, that just means I should shoot first and ask questions later. :p

lagerboy
03-06-2010, 01:51 PM
ha, fair enough :D

wandos1
03-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey, its good to finally be back. Sorry i was gone for so long and didn't get a chance to play even though i founded the game (sort of). I just had a lot of real life junk to catch up with, but know im able to come back since things are starting to slow down. I probably won't get to play and i may hand it off to someone, but i would at least like to get a pm to get up to date with things. :D

russdm
03-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Sorry people. I was in punishment for a week and so couldnt get on. I will be moving things along here again.

russdm
03-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Everyone should be level 2, yes.

TaiRei
03-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey, I was thinking of joining the game. Any particular character type I should build for the group(metagaming, yes, but I though I'd ask)?

Anodyzed
03-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I will level up Rorrorra immediately.

Hey, I was thinking of joining the game. Any particular character type I should build for the group(metagaming, yes, but I though I'd ask)?

Russdm is running it, but here's what we have so far:

Anodyzed is running Rorrorra, a Wookie Scout
lagerboy is running Boro, a Mon Calamari Jedi
Dytrrnikl is running Tor, a Soldier (cant recall the race).

Pick something you WANT to play and have fun with. We're only second level, so there's lots of room for character development.

russdm
03-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Tor is human, Anod.

Dytrrnikl
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Whoot a fourth player, bring'em in!!!

TaiRei
03-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Alright, I'll have a character rolled up in the next few days or so. I'm thinking of evolving a concept around a Kel-Dor Jedi. Not sure yet though.

lagerboy
03-16-2010, 09:35 AM
whoot another jedi, oh yeah welcome aboard if not already said :confused:

TaiRei
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Should I stay at 1st level or go 2nd level to be in line with the others?

EDIT: Also, any special rules on character generation?

russdm
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Since the group is second level, has second level chars, you should do teh same.

Anyway, I won't be posting again until next tuesday. So FYI!

lagerboy
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
so what is the word, russdm, everything okay on your end of the world

russdm
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Game is on hold since i have not stated teh red stormtroopers yet.

lagerboy
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
no worries then, will wait patiently in the shadows

lagerboy
05-01-2010, 10:32 AM
jsut waiting for tor's response

russdm
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM
yep. just waiting on dyt to post tor.

Anodyzed
05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
This isn't the only online game I play in, not even the only Star Wars online game. These delays are SO distracting to me, I have to go back and reread the last page or two to refresh my memory on who was doing what...

Is there no way to speed this up a little?

russdm
05-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Some one could run Tor. That is a way.

Yeah, pbp tends to drag on and takes a while. Thats mainly due to when people are able to post.

Anodyzed
05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Well, certainly life takes precedence over gaming,
but
my experience, even within the games on my own site, is that 48 hrs is a reasonable expectation for a post, and unless someone has informed the GM of an absence, and/or arranged someone to take over a character temporarily, then they just get skipped until they finally show up.

A 'weekly' check-in COULD mean one round of combat could take six weeks with six players! And not to sound like I'm aiming at one player, that goes for GMs too. GMs often need to 'bump' it along when players run out of ideas.

So, I don't dictate to others. I make my decisions and am willing to live with the consequences (all decisions have consequences...).
Here's where I'm going with this: If we can't speed this up, get more regular posting times, then someone/anyone can take over my character (Rorrorra or Skora, whatever his name is!) and I'll bow out.

Weekly progress is just not doing it for me.

Dytrrnikl
05-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Hey everyone, I'm going to make this simple...I'm out. Sorry Russ, but that's going to be for both games I'm in with you. Two primary reasons are family concerns are taking precedent so my internet time at home is down to maybe once a week; second is that I've recently been promoted at work, a good deal more responsibility, which ahs limited my internet at work to strictly business related material. A minor thing is Anodyze's, frankly, and I apologize if this is offensive, occassional whining when there ends up being a delay. I love the story that's being run, and have enjoyed my time PBPing, however I don't have time to worry one person being immaturely impatient. If I want that sort of aggravation, all I have to do is take away one of my sons toys.

lagerboy
05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
dude sorry to hear you go, but hey congrats on the promotion

russdm
05-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Congratulations, Dyt, your promotion.

Thank you for your participation.

Yes, the time delay can be annoying, i am rather patient about it all, but not everyone has.

Good Luck.

russdm
05-04-2010, 12:19 PM
So Anod dropped out too.

That leaves just Boro here.

lagerboy
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
well shoot, do you think more people would like to join our merriment

russdm
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I will post an update to the campaign invitations thing for this. If no one expresses more interest and have chars done by Friday of this week, i am going to drop the game. Tai has not made any further action to demonstrate wanting to play and i am not going to have you facing off agaisnt everything alone.

TaiRei
05-06-2010, 04:45 AM
I'm still interested, just haven't heard too much lately about the game. I'll post up my char sheet here today.

EDIT: Actually it is posted in the character thread. Tee hee.

russdm
05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
You made a char sheet but did not do anything further. You did not post into the adventure.

TaiRei
05-07-2010, 04:21 AM
How should I introduce myself to the adventure?

russdm
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
just through yourself in the fight. That would work best.

lagerboy
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
hey russdm, i see that you have another pbp sw saga game going, would you be interested in switching pcs over to the other or them coming here, just a thought

russdm
05-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Well, that game has been reduced to one player. So I posted about how it was open and have set a time limit on that game.

If no one is interested and gets a char done then gets posting, i am going to discontinue both games. I had alot of people post chars for the other, but no one joined the adventure. Going to be cleaning things up if i can.

lagerboy
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
(OOC: Alright, can I assume that Van is in the restaurant, maybe at the bar if there is one and notices all this activity?)

haha, i would think you might notice a bit of excitement from a few people, it should get interesting if we still continue on with this course :biggrin:

russdm
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
So its just you and tai. Against too many enemies right now.

Also, there was no interest for either games. So, I am going to contact Farcaster and tell him taht both my games are being stopped.

The game here can not continue with only two people and the other one cannot continue either since it has only one with one that i am not sure if they are playing.

lagerboy
05-09-2010, 10:45 PM
well dang, too bad on that, just give me a pm if you want to start up another one in the future, until next time, good luck in any ventures otherwise, peace out for now :cool: