PDA

View Full Version : looking for a gm and some players for a lvl 1 star wars saga campaign

wandos1
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
i am looking for a gm and some players to start a lvl 1 play by post star wars saga edition campaign. the rules, storyline, and era of play will be up to the gm.

Soft Serve
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Signing up as a player please! :D

wandos1
04-10-2009, 08:11 PM
please list what you will play as well.

russdm
04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I would like to sign up as a player or DM.

I would play a Jedi.

Soft Serve
04-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Uhm, I would go Jedi too. Either Bothan or Twi'Lek.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I can't say for sure if I'd have time for this game, as player or GM (though player is a little more likely) but I do have an interesting plot idea if you guys wanted to hear it. (throw it into the pot of options ya know lol)

wandos1
04-11-2009, 06:44 PM
go ahead and tell your idea im sure it will be useful one way or another.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the New Jedi Order era, but this is set in a slight alternate timeline towards the end of it. Jacen Solo has successfully become a Sith Lord, used the force to absorb the essense and strength of his twin sister into him and took control of Krayt's new Sith Order, slaughtering the fool, and taking Ben Skywalker (Luke's 17 year old son) for his apprentice.

With hundreds of Sith minions at his disposal, pawns that needed to be eliminated to restore the rule of two anyway, Jacen launched an all out attack on the Jedi Order, turning the government against them once more, driving the Luke Skywalker and his Jedi underground, and reuniting the alliance and the Empirial remnant once more.

I feel it makes a great setting, gives alot of enemies and obstacles for the PC's to overcome. (Clearly two of your players already want to be Jedi, and there would be plenty of reason for non-jedi, such as scouts, nobles, scoundrels, soldiers, the sky's the limit, to ally themselves with the jedi cause.)

wandos1
04-11-2009, 07:45 PM
wow it has a good setting and it is well thought out. this may give some good ideas for the gm.

russdm
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Apparently I have been voted in as GM. So I do like your idea some, Lucian, but I have come up with something else. Here is the background deal:

Struggle Agaisnt the Empire

Post ROTJ-Luke Turns Sith, Kills Palps

So I have been thinking about running a campaign set after Return of the Jedi. I have Luke kill Vader and serve the emperor, then 3 years later he carves the emperor. So Luke becomes Darth Krayt, and gets an apprentice. The Empire doesn't have the second death star as it was blown up. The rebels had to go into hiding. Leia goes off to Dagobah to train with Yoda, who appeares as a force spirit. She also gets visits by Obi-wan. Han and Chewie are Mon Mothma's personal agents, having been promoted to generals. Lando is an admiral in the rebel fleet. He functions as Ackbar's second in command. The droids are owned in the following way: R2 was taken by Leia, and Han got owneship of 3PO. (poor han)

The galaxy is still in conflict. The rebels won at endor, but the imperial fleet left. The executor didn't die either. Jedi who survived order 66 are joining the Rebellion since they have been contacted by Yoda. He told them to help out.

The Empire is run by Luke AKA Darth Krayt from Coruscant. He has Mara Jade as his sith apprentice. Some of the Imperials loyal to Palps are dead, having choosen not to serve Luke. Thrawn is Luke's primary grand admiral and his opinions carry alot of weight. Mara performs Vader's old Job.

The Rebellion has taken control of a third of the galaxy. They have all of the old separatists helping them. The rebellion is strongest in the outer rim. The Rebellion is strong and very active. Its acquired a large number of recruits and a considerable number of Imperial defectors. Several high ranking Admirals joined the Alliance. The Rebellion is also declaring itself into a new Republic.

It would be a 32 point buy game with the following restrictions

Books: Saga Edition rulebook, Knights of the Old Republic campaign guide, Clone wars Campaign guide, Starships of the galaxy. (I only have these books)

Species: No ewoks (We need to discuss this), No gungans unless you play it without jar jar's personality.

Classes: Jedi, Noble, Scout, Scoundrel, Soldier

You roll for credits. Players would start at 1st level. Also players cannot have a dark side equal to their wisdom score until level 8.

Note for players: You can be in the following groups for background-New Republic, Galactic Empire, Loyal Imperial Remnant (the imps who remain loyal to Palps), Other factions.

First adventure starts on Monday.

Anodyzed
04-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd like to join this game. If you have room, put me down for a wookie scout.

Two other pbp games I'm in are seriously lapsed, so I need a 'game fix'!

Starting Monday, like in two days (April 13)? Assuming I'm in, I better get started!

wandos1
04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
thank you guys for joining the campaign is called Struggle Against the Empire it takes place after the last movie and im proud to announce its up and running

wandos1
04-12-2009, 05:10 PM
the first adventure starts monday

Grazak
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Can I still get into this game?? I sent a PM to russdm but figured I would post here too.

Soft Serve
04-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Grazak your probably in luck. The game hasn't started yet since they've been looking for players. I've been waiting for at least one other person to join before I started up on my character. Let me know when he lets you know so I can hop back to my Zabrak Jedi. :)