PDA

View Full Version : Dague's Forgotten Realms 3.5

Dague285
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM
The setting is 3.5 in the Forgotten Realms. The characters will begin play in the treetop villages of the High Forest. A massive army has been spotted south-east of the forest slowly making its way into the forest. The army is mostly made up of Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Gnolls, and a few Hill Giants. The Army sends out small skirmish forces ahead of it because it moves so slowly. Word has been sent to Evereska for aid but it will not come before the army reaches the center villages. The elves will be retreating to the far side of the forest but are looking for warriors to aid their army in holding back the skirmish forces.

The Campaign will allow a maximum of 4 players, this is my first DM experience so bear with me because I am learning. Races are restricted to the ones that appear in the Forgotten Realms. Classes are open to all literature classes in the D&D universe. Psions will not be allowed however, Tome of Battle content is allowed. Afforded that you write out what manuevers/stances do on your char sheet. I expect the characters to roleplay themselves in context, and to form a well-balanced team. It will be changed in the fact that players will acquire feats at every odd level.

I aim to make a fun game. Characters will start at level 12. All Alignments other than Evil accepted. Stats will be rolled in Chat. The style of stats will be 4d6 minus the lowest with rolls under 8 not accepted. You can trade up to 2 points from any given stat, cannot split two points from one stat to two others, and any given stat can be increased as much as desired, up to a max of 18 before racial modifiers. Stats are placed in whichever order you choose. Players will start with 88,000 gold. Have fun. 2/4 slots are filled. One is melee, one is ranged.

Feel free to post questions.

PlattevilleGamer
03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
I would like to join as a cleric

cpljarhead
03-28-2009, 05:33 AM
i might be interested but i will need more info on how this works as i never played like this before. alos i will need to know what time on sundays. i see there is interest in a cleric , what are the other 2 classes?

Dague285
03-28-2009, 06:38 PM
(Plattvillegamer)
Sure, platt tell me what time u are available on sunday.

(Cpljarhead)
Two fighters, one is ranged and one is melee. For info go to http://www.d20srd.org/ it will have most of what you need. the first to players have narrowed it down to sometime after 6 pm eastern time. If you are interested in joining tell me what time slot you are available on sunday. Though I would recommend starting in a lower level campaign if you are a first time player.

By the way, this campaign will have a strict attendance policy. Unless you have an emergency, you are to be at every game. I will replace players with new ones if they dont show up.

PlattevilleGamer
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
sorry guys but i'm going to have to drop out.

cpljarhead
03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
there must be a misunderstanding here. you see i haven't played this style( play by post) before. i am a long time d&d gamer from way back around 1980. i am experienced at playing just not online like this. in fact i currently play a level 11 cleric in a forgotten realms campaign. so you see i have the knowledge to play such a campaign. so tell me how this online stuff works when the desired time of day arrives. (how log into the campaign, how we post what we do and so on along those lines) is it like you post and we respond almost like instant messages.

Dague285
03-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Haha ohh, well we wont be playing play by post. We'll be playing in chat here on the P&PG site. To get to chat you just click on the chat button on the top right of your page. It isn't too hard, to roll dice there you type /roll 1d6 or whatever you are rolling. Plus, when we meet well be meeting in the general chat room and making a room once people are here. Unfortunately we probably wont be playing today (sunday) because we still only have three players. Hopefully we will get 1 more player soon and we can start.

What class did you want to play in the campaign then?

arthimas
03-29-2009, 12:50 PM
ill play if there is still room. ill bring a elf ranger. do you use all the complete books??

Dague285
03-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes we use all the books, and there is room, but we already have a ranged person if you dont mind playing something else. We still probably wont play today though.

arthimas
03-29-2009, 03:24 PM
cool. what classes do you have already. and when are we gonna start playing or atleast write up charcters.

Dague285
03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
We have two fighters one melee and one ranged as far as I know. Cpljarhead has not chosen a class yet. We can write up characters now if you want.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Since our tank got banned... We now have classes of Fighter (ranged), Rogue. CPLjarhead has not picked a class yet. Consider this when choosing your class. I want a balanced party.

harley
03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like I will be putting together a druid. I haven't decided on what god to follow yet though. There's a good list of nature gods in the FR book, I just need to figure out what flavor I want. Though Mielikki sounds like a good choice... Hm.

Harley

Lucian-Sunaka
03-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Remember Harley, you don't HAVE to worship a god at all, you can worship nature in general if you so choose.

Ashene
03-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Dague...is it too late to try to join up with this? I would play a female character, but I don't know what class/race would be good...I am open to suggestions. A cleric would be good...but I'd need someone to help me create a character. I believe Luc mentioned he'd help me out in that department so let me know what you guys need.

I'm still learning the game as I go so be patient with me. :D

cpljarhead
03-30-2009, 08:11 AM
if dont mind me playing the character i already have (11th lev cleric) i can bump him up another level to make it for your game. it would be a human 7th lev cleric\ 5th lev divine disciple(prestige class from forgotten realms campaign setting) the stats it has are : str 18 (+2 belt of preistly might), dex 17 (+1 ability increase), con 18, int 14, wis 20(+2 periapt of wisdom), cha 18 (+1 ability increase). diety is lathandor. domains are sun, healing, and strength( 3rd domain added due to feat new domain) ac is 23 by virtue of +2 greater blurring chain shirt, +1 light steel shield, +1 ring of protection and +1 natural armor afforded by belt of preistly might and +3 dex modifier. major weapon is a +1 resounding heavy mace with least true death crystal placed upon it.other magic items includedimension stride boots, cloak of resistance +2, wand of cure moderate wounds (34 charges), pearl of power (1st lev spell reacll 1x per day) rod of bodily restoration, and following scrolls: cure serious, unseen servant, meld into stone,( mass inflict light wounds, unholy blight, flame strike on same scroll), 2 wall of stone, 2 stone shape, 2 make stone. class abiliities & feats include turn undead, extra turning, new domain,divine emmissary, sacred defense+2, greater turning, imbue spell ability, divine spell power, touch of healing, lightning reflexes, healing pool imbued healing. and skill trick spot the weak point. hp are 105 but need to add 1 lev. what you think?

Dague285
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Seems fine to me but ill have my Assist DM (lucian) look it over because he has alot more experience than me.

arthimas
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
so we have a group of what??? fighter, ranger, druid, cleric and rogue.. is this correct?? or am i missing someone??

Ashene
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I think I'll probably be playing a paladin instead...so Luc is going to help me with making a character for this soon I hope. :)

va_paladin
03-30-2009, 11:30 PM
If you still have room available, I would like to join in the game.

Dague285
03-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Sorry VA, I am a new DM and want to keep it at 6 which is 2 more than i had chosen to.

ALSO, EVERYONE WHO IS PLAYING PLEASE POST THE TIMES YOU ARE AVAILABLE ON SUNDAY EVENINGS. I have so far narrowed it down to start at 4 pm pacific time (7 pm east time). But need further input from other players about when they will be available.

Ashene
03-31-2009, 01:27 AM
7 is cool Dague, I'm available then. :)

cpljarhead
03-31-2009, 07:20 AM
7pm eastern is good for me right now.

Ashene
03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh, by the way...Luc and I (well, mostly Luc) figured out that my character will be a Bard...so hopefully she'll be fleshed out soon enough. I can't wait to start this campaign. ;)

Dague285
03-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Char is good according to assistant DM CPL just email me the sheet if you can or write up the junk in wordpad and send it.

arthimas
03-31-2009, 01:05 PM
any time is good for me. im bringin a 11 rouge 1 sorc. this is gonna be fun, cant wait to start playing. DEATH TO ALL except those in the group. heheeh

cpljarhead
04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Char is good according to assistant DM CPL just email me the sheet if you can or write up the junk in wordpad and send it.

cool, ill send as soon as i can this week. i will however have to add a level to it as it is only at 11th right now. will give stats at 11th and show what changed to make it 12th.

Dague285
04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok, that works CPL.

cpljarhead
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
any time is good for me. im bringin a 11 rouge 1 sorc. this is gonna be fun, cant wait to start playing. DEATH TO ALL except those in the group. heheeh

arthimus how can you have an 11 rogue/1 sorc? which is the favored class? because one of them has to be for that to work that way without taking an exp penalty. just curious. mine is easy 7th lev cleric/ 5th lev divine disciple (prestige class). in fact to make things funny i'm no longer considered human for most part i'm a native outsider because of the last class trait of transcendence.:pray:

arthimas
04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
he is a halfing. favorite class is rouge. but i dont think im bringing him. im luc is writing me up a crazy ass charcter. thats if he finishes it by then. heheheeh lol

cpljarhead
04-03-2009, 09:05 AM
i'm with luc, you dont want a halfling in a war like what we are going into. the best he could afford the group is a backstab or flanking to utilize the backstab feature. otherwise damage is minimal. a monk would be interesting but need a med size race. i've played with a character that played a monk and he had 4 atks per round and because of feats and class traits he had a hell of a damage per round. maybe consider a duskblade. i've played that class before and its really fun. all the power of a fighter and the ability to use spells albeit 90% are of the close range and touch variety but you can really mess up the enemy(example arcane channel shocking grasp through your sword and then hit enemy with both at same time)

arthimas
04-03-2009, 12:13 PM
the way i made my rouge is that he took the giantbane feat, so i can climb up there backs and sneak attack them. and i he uses a keened rapier which makes his threat range 15 20. me is made for combat. with the 1 sorc level, he took reduce person and shield. with reduce person, i can climb medium size monsters and kick there butts.

Dague285
04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't believe lucs opinion was that he couldnt be a halfling. It was just that Arth chose some options that did not match up and luc asked arth if he could help. Luc tends to go a bit overboard with the helping lol.

cpljarhead
04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
so what kind of class are you to become? my character although a cleric is also made for battle what with the stats he has and the good armor. but he does not provide huge damage. his best attribute is the resounding mace when it comes to melee combat(provides bonus to allies in combat). the armor helps keep him alive due to its blurring effect and the iron ward diamond crystal. besides i can use several types of boosts via spells for entire party. even have some offensive spells. NOT JUST A HEALER!

arthimas
04-04-2009, 11:27 AM
will at the last time we talked he was a spellwarp sniper which was suppose to be done this morning. but still havent seen it yet.

Dague285
04-04-2009, 11:20 PM
We may or may not be playing tomorrow... Unfortunately I have 1 of 4 sheets because Lucian is getting the other 3 ready... He was supposed to have them to me on friday. I still dont have them. No idea what to do =/ I am sorry if we do not start tomorrow.

arthimas
04-04-2009, 11:52 PM
will i got my rouge writen up, i can us him. i didnt know he was writing abunch of charcters. i would have just use the one i got.

i know some people dont like playing with rouges, but im the type that dont steal from the group. but i will rob the hell out of a npc.

Ashene
04-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Luc is working on my sheet...he said he'd have them ready yesterday (Saturday) but I didn't hear from him so he might not have them done yet. It's fine if we don't play tonight.

cpljarhead
04-05-2009, 09:14 AM
next week may be better to start for me cuz i just took my dad to emergeny room last night (very bad problem with diabeties) and they said possibly released tonight after dinner time but that all they could say so not sure if i be around or at hospital. just came home to shower and quickly check email. good thing i did. i notify you if i can if he gets out today, hopefully before 5 so i can get him home and then have enough time to get beack to my house and on to play but not know. sorry if i can make it.

Aeval
04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Har and i still invited? I thought it was closed, saw ashene joined? Are we out?

arthimas
04-07-2009, 06:06 PM
will lets hope luc gets everyone there charcters by sunday. i really want to start playing.

Dague285
04-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Ash joined before you two >.> unfortunately i dont know if we will be playing at all nemore... seems the group has too many problems with time

arthimas
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
well that sucks. i thought we decide to stat playing at 7pm east coast time? or was it 6pm? if people cant agree on the time, then find people that can. i was looking forward to playing. but if we dont, then i guess ill have to find different game to join.

Ashene
04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Well whatever you decide is fine with me, but I really would've liked to play.

cpljarhead
04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
this week wasnt good for me but i already have my character and got it to you. im up for next sunday @ 7pm eastern ( what was agreed upon - day and time). just couldnt do during the week too much going on due to easter. i still want to play if we can get worked out.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Again, I'm really sorry guys, I played a part in the mess this is becoming. Things are tough without a computer of my own.

Dague285
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Ash cant play on sunday

Ashene
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Well I think 7 still works for me...just probably not this Sunday. There may be a few days where I might be a tad later with choir practice but I'm thinking that will be in August sometime.

So I'm pretty much good to go when Luc gets the sheet ready for my character.

Aeval
04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Im fairly sure Harley and I could play sunday. I have to double check with him. 7pm its dark so he wont be working on the van. And since the van is broke, we wont have easter plans probably. Sigh.

Ill get my character to you asap.

Aeval

arthimas
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
i can play this sunday. i dont believe i have anything planned. ill get my rogue to you some time today so you can look it over. ill be playing him untill luc can get my spell warp sniper to me, or at least my pixie bloodline so i can write him up myself.

cpljarhead
04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
you do realize that your ecl and class level are going to differ with the bloodlines. it does however depend on whether it is minor, moderate, or major bloodlines. it could backfire so be carefull.

arthimas
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
yeap. i know. from what i know he is 1 rogue, 4 sorce, 4 spell warp sniper, 3 pixie bloodline. or something like that.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I've got it under control, his hp is going to be a little lower than it could be, but his defenses are pretty solid and his offense rocks. He's basically the deffinition of silent death. (Oh, and he sheds sparkling pixie dust in direct sunlight lmao)

cpljarhead
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
so what are the boosts and ability traits you giving this pixie bloodline as it is not a "standard " one in the unearthed arcana or are you using the fey bloodline. which is the bloodline, minor major or moderate? because it looks like major bloodline to me if you have 3 bloodline levels in the 12 character levels

Aeval
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
THAT IS REALLY COOL.. my girl is lame against that... I may make something else up... I havent thought about it.. i guess i better get my ass in gear

Lucian-Sunaka
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
It is major, and once I've got it done I'll pm it to you if you like jarhead

cpljarhead
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
sure that would be interesting to see what you did. it seems to me like it really is nothing more than a level adjustment based upon the race used. in the case of the 12 level character like this it would be a +3 lev adj.

arthimas
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
are we playing tomorrow?? if so at 7pm east coast time?

Ashene
04-11-2009, 12:38 PM
If you are running it tomorrow, I probably won't be able to make it but I'm good for the Sundays after that. I'll be hogging my cousin's baby...she's 8 months old...so precious.

Anyway I hope my character is finished...I'd appreciate a PM with the sheet whenever you can get it to me, Luc.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Good News, Pixie bloodline is officially finished, I sent it to both who asked for it, wrapping up his character as we speak, should be able to email it to Arthi and Dague in an hour or so.

Dague285
04-12-2009, 03:18 AM
We wont be playing tomorrow but we will play next sunday.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
So I busted my butt for nothing!!? lol, no big deal, at least it's done.

cpljarhead
04-13-2009, 05:47 AM
lucian dont u still have a couple others your working on yet. that means your still not done and your butt not gone yet. keep working, we'd all love to play this week and it looks like we waiting on you for the most part.

arthimas
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
will lets hope the luc gets are sheets to use by this sunday. heheheeh lol

but i do love that pixie bloodline. cant wait to gain some levels.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Your welcome Arthi, and for the record, I've got the sniper done, I was able to abandon the girl for the time being because she said she couldn't play, and I'm presently taking care of her character as we speak.

cpljarhead
04-13-2009, 04:39 PM
so how many are left that u need to do?

Ashene
04-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I'll still be playing...but this Sunday, the 19th I have a teacher's meeting at 6:30, I will be a bit late for the game, but I hope that's okay. I will be there as soon as I'm done, I promise.

Dague285
04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Had to recover my pc last night o.o lost all my D&D pdfs and char sheets =(

Ashene
04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Wow...what are you going to do Dague?

cpljarhead
04-15-2009, 05:28 AM
the character sheets we can resend u but are those pdf's the adventure we were going to play? if so, i hope they were also in paper format or backed up somewhere. me i do everything on paper because i still dont trust computers as much as others. besides if i have it on paper then i can resuse it as many times as i want with other groups as needed. HOPE YOU CAN RECOVER THE MISSING DATA!!!!!!

Lucian-Sunaka
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Once again CP, many of us don't have access to paper books. Every book I have is digital for various reasons. (Granted I WANT the real deal, but at present I'm not able to get my hands on them.)

FYI, everybody's sheet is complete that I was responsible for.

arthimas
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
most of my books are pdf, but i saved them all to a dvd data disk.
and luc, if you have those done. can you mail it to me. i would like to go over it so i can learn what he has and can do.

cpljarhead
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
luc i am not arguing the fact u have your books in pdf. my question was is the adventure (ie. campaign) created by dague in pdf format on his pc. hoping it wasn't so we can still play. i create the campaigns i run on paper so i have them anytime as a back up to my pc which holds all the info for those campaigns.:biggrin: nice to hear you got the all the characters done. i'm itching and ready to go kick some butt. oh wait i'm the healer! oops.

"everybody has to fight to get to their heaven" :angel:

Lucian-Sunaka
04-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh, I get what your saying CP. My appologies. I'm just not used to premaking adventures, when I GM its 100% impromptu. I refuse to write anything down for the campaign at all.

Aeval
04-18-2009, 11:57 PM
so i need to know if your still having this game, and if tomorrow. So I can figure out my character.. or decide what to do.
aeval

arthimas
04-19-2009, 12:54 AM
i hope were playing, but im still waiting on my charcter.

Aeval
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Question, why does everyone make luc make their characters?
Dude, do it yourself.

And Dague.. where the heck are you?

Ashene
04-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Look, Val, I think you should just be patient with everyone...the game will start when everyone is ready.

Not all of us have that much experience playing so I would appreciate it if you backed off.

I can't play until about 8 tonight...maybe 8:30-9 at the latest, I've got a meeting tonight. I'm hoping that if it's on, I'll be able to get in on it when I get home.

Aeval
04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I was just saying everyone should back off luc, hes only one person. And its not that hard to use the generator to make a character. Anyone on here will help someone if they need it. Hell i would help someone. Just ask!

harley
04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Man I'm waiting for my character too... I wish that Harley would get off his @$$ and do it already. Sheesh!

On a serious note, does anyone know how Dague is doing? I don't have a lot of source stuff on PDF, but I can try to help him recover his digital library.

arthimas
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
FYI, i did make my own, but he insisted on writing me up one like 3 weeks ago and he said it was done like 3 days ago. i know how to write up my own. ive been playing 3.5 for many years now. but if someone says there gonna do something, then they should. so dont me getting made when im saying wheres my charcter sheet at that i should of had 3 weeks ago.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry guys, but it seems Dague's completely dropped off the map, again. If we really want to do this, I'll see if I can crack open the time in my schedule to run it, but today doesn't work. (CPLMac and I were discussing it and he plans to run his sunday campaign bi-weekly, so we could hit the opposite sundays, starting next sunday.)

Once again, sorry for the letdown people. (And Arthi I was going to send it but then I realized I'd neglected to select the important equipment. You should still have somewhere around 12,000 gold to play with for yourself of course.)

Aeval
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Sigh, well there went a waste of a morning..

I guess ill just hold onto this character ...

Lucian-Sunaka
04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
And I did do it Arthimas. I'm not responsible for this falling apart. Yes I should have kept my mouth shut because of how slow it ended up with my computer falling apart, but I made a committment so I kept it.

Ashene
04-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Luc, if you were going to run the game, opposite sundays would be cool, just let me know when. I'd like that. :) Whenever you get a chance to finalize the character, just pass it along. I really appreciate your help.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Your welcome Ashene. And I'm sorry if I seemed pushy Arthi, it wasn't my intent. It's just that one level of sorcerer set off the alarms in my head ya know?

Dague285
04-20-2009, 04:52 AM
I am very sorry everyone. My internet has been shut off... I am back now... but if luc wants to run it I think that would be for the best. The internet stability at my house is not great because my mom is having money troubles... and I'm joining the army in a month or so. Again, sorry.

cpljarhead
04-20-2009, 07:19 AM
hey dague, sorry to hear that about the army. too bad! hope things go well. if we are still gonna try and play and anyone needs characters let me know i hove some free time and i have a quite a few books at hand and if i dont have i know where i can borrow them. let me know what's up. looking forward to playing.

cplmac
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi there folks. Let me start with seconding cpljarhead's condolences to dague for joining the Army. No, seriously, I salute anyone who is willing to step forward and defend our country. :usa2:

Like Luc said, I have told him that I am going to run my Sunday online game every other week. This way you folks can have a chance to game also. After all, that is what this site is about.

arthimas
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
will count me out. im playing in 2 games already.

Aramil
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd like to join with an Drow Wizard. I am new to the D&D game but I have been reading the core rulebooks and the FR setting book every night for the past few weeks. Also, since I'm a drow, would I start at lvl 10 or 12? Either is fine with me.

Tanyel
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey, not sure if you're still looking for players. Just thought i'd drop you a message in case you are. I'm an experienced D&D player who is new to roleplaying online. If there are still any spaces free, please let me know. Thanks.