PDA

View Full Version : **Warning Mature Content**

Anonymous
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
[ Adult / Mature Content is not allowed in the public forums. ]

Etarnon
03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I can guess three names that were present.

InvestFDC
03-26-2009, 10:56 PM
You laugh along with them or go somewhere else.

Soft Serve
03-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I can guess three names that were present.

I guessed 4. 5, but the fifth was innocent. I was thankfuly not present.

You laugh along with them or go somewhere else.

I laugh, shake my head, walk away, and wish I had more in-person friends...:lol:

Actually if you read through it you see Dague##'s name, and Cplmac's.

Cplmac came in way after the lot of the convo though.

Lucian-Sunaka
03-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I wonder what would happen if somebody tried to play that monk at a convention......

InMediaRes
03-27-2009, 12:12 AM
That would depend on the type of convention ;)

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Is there a NSFW or NSFC forum at P&P? Otherwise where is it allowed, and what in tarnation happened? because I've seen a bit of swearing here and there (mostly in my old posts) :eek:. but i've never seen anyone banned before. Come on give me the juicy details.

Etarnon
03-27-2009, 04:00 AM
Some chat log was posted, talking about anatomy, and how anatomical parts could relate to gaming...kinda sorta.

Farcaster
03-27-2009, 08:21 AM
We do not have a forum set aside for such, no. If you want to share a dirty limerick or something like this in a private social group forum or by PM though, I don't have a problem with that.

As to banning, the account was banned because it was a duplicate account that someone created just for the purpose of posting this message. The actual poster has not been banned.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Is there a NSFW or NSFC forum at P&P? Otherwise where is it allowed, and what in tarnation happened? because I've seen a bit of swearing here and there (mostly in my old posts) :eek:. but i've never seen anyone banned before. Come on give me the juicy details.

from that great Conan sketch and in the immortal words of Clive Clemmons (sp?)

"INAPPROPRIATE!!"

spotlight
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
I cannot fathom anyone posting garbage from the gitgo. I did not see (as far as I know) the stuff posted here, even though I have used some questionable intenders. I should hope those who do such things at least get strongly warned. Especially if they use a fake ID ie., duplicate account to do it.

Moritz
03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
There once was a girl named Molly Brown...

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
The original post copied text from the chatroom, but didn't want to alienate themselves with the others in the chatroom. The chat was very explicit and "anonymous" was wondering what to do when you encounter a conversation like that on the chat.

Anonymous wasn't being explicit, but was showing the explicit material discussed in the chat, and wanted suggestions on how to prevent that.

Of course, it is difficult to monitor/police that, but we should be mature enough to keep material pg-13 even on the chat. Don't want someone's parent glancing at someone's screen and get the wrong idea, and try and shut down our beloved P&PG site.

**Disclaimer**
Not trying to provoke or incite actions from any parents reading this, just giving readers warning of what happens with sites who have explicit material and no way to prevent viewing from innocent eyes. Doing my best to prevent another incident as what went on.

In short, keep it clean or suffer the wrath of the rest of community.

Farcaster
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Please bear in mind that the same rules that apply to the forum also apply to the chat room. To be clear, I have posted separate chat rules.

If you are in the chat room and there is inappropriate conversation going on, please notify a moderator or me.

cplmac
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes, when I logged into the Chat yesterday evening, I unfortunately got to see a discussion taking place that was very inappropriate for the public section. Had it even been in a private passworded room, it would have been better. Like I have previously stated, you need to watch what is being said on the chat. You never know who might be on at any given time and that there is always the possibility that someone under the age of 18 could be there. Fortunately, it did seem to wrap up after I logged on, although I have no way of knowing what comments would have be sent by PM in the chat itself. Maybe now that it has been seen that if a copy of what was in the Chat can be put here on the forums, I would hope that everyone would realize that a copy could be sent to our Administrator, Farcaster, for his decission as to what type of punishment may need to be handed out.

Grimwell
03-28-2009, 02:12 AM
I gather I really missed something there.

/note to self -- spend more time in chat room!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2009, 02:37 AM
I gather I really missed something there.

/note to self -- spend more time in chat room!
If it makes you feel any better, grimwell, i missed it too.

I'd spend more times in the chat room except for the fact that i use 64, and not 32. Which, in short, Adobe Flash hasnt, as of yet, written a usable update for 64, the slackers that they are.

Etarnon
03-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Another incident tonight.

Different person, different violation. Him and his follow on sockpuppet were booted by FC, just after midnight.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Another incident tonight.

Different person, different violation. Him and his follow on sockpuppet were booted by FC, just after midnight.
Missed that one too. If FC gave them the boot, then it must have been some juicy inappropriateness. What the heck is going on lately, full moon or something?

Grimwell
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
When any community reaches a sufficient state of growth people will be attracted to it and put forth great effort to do things that they shouldn't. Growing pains.

TAROT
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Hmm. Maybe I'm just world-weary, but I read through that spool when this thread was first posted, and I would have described the content as juvenile and immature (and, frankly, more boring than shocking).

Grimwell
03-29-2009, 09:48 AM
You are quite possibly correct Tarot, but that does not make it the right thing to have posted here. I didn't get to see it (and due to my line of work I see a lot of the worst of the intarweb so it wouldn't have made me blink), but I figure Farcaster knows best in reference to what does and does not work around here.

spotlight
03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
It is a shame, but there are lots of people out ther ewho act juvinile and boorish. Most that I have actually witnessed (only a few) tend to be juviniles who are attempting to 'get away' with this kind of behavior. That is why some many site boot thusly. At least that shows the world isn't too far gone yet!

TAROT
03-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh. When I saw it, I knew that it was inappropriate for this site.

My objection is more to people using the words like 'adult' or 'mature' when what they mean is 'vulgar,' 'crude,' or 'crass.'

I would like to see more actual adult and mature content here. Discussion of topics like the inclusion of serious topics into a game (rape, racism) or how to treat murder as a non-trivial event.

Chi
03-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Man, I also miss all of the inapproiteness!!

GoddessGood
03-31-2009, 02:00 PM
I've encountered my share of lewdness in the chat room. The names escape me, but I'll make a mental note to discourage further digressions from the PG-13 guidelines.

My objection is more to people using the words like 'adult' or 'mature' when what they mean is 'vulgar,' 'crude,' or 'crass.'

I would like to see more actual adult and mature content here. Discussion of topics like the inclusion of serious topics into a game (rape, racism) or how to treat murder as a non-trivial event.
This. I completely agree with you here, and I'm inclined to start up a "mature discussion" thread. Sort of a "How do you handle these things in your games?" since it has not already been covered in Ask A GM. Is that acceptable, Farcaster? Frankly I'd been meaning to ask anyway since such things have recently come up in my game.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
I've encountered my share of lewdness in the chat room. The names escape me, but I'll make a mental note to discourage further digressions from the PG-13 guidelines.

This. I completely agree with you here, and I'm inclined to start up a "mature discussion" thread. Sort of a "How do you handle these things in your games?" since it has not already been covered in Ask A GM. Is that acceptable, Farcaster? Frankly I'd been meaning to ask anyway since such things have recently come up in my game.
Great idea, GoddessGood. Leave the link here when you start up said thread.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
oops wrong thread sorry

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 03:40 PM
oops wrong thread sorry
Thanks, yukonhorror. Today was just one of those days where the threads were with me. Hey, did you except my friend request?