PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurants to eat at

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
3. Was thinking of starting a restaurant thread. I used to travel all over the plains states so I've eaten in a lot of places. Plus I'd just like to see what other places people recommend, so if I'm ever on the road I'll know where to go.

Took the initiative.

Thread to list good fast food, sit down food, fast casual, whatever.

I'll start by listing the claim to fame of Denver: fast casual
Chedd's Gourmet Grilled Cheese. - 37 different cheeses, 10 different breads, and tomato soup. Surprisingly good, but a bit pricey for what you get (compared to others below).

Tokyo Joe's - Fast food japanese. Get huge bowl of rice, mind-blowing sauce, chicken for super cheap. Can add veggies, replace chicken with salmon, steak, and others. They have the punch card (get 10 punches get one bowl free) and it is appropriately called "addict card." They also have edamame and sushi. Everything is either steamed or grilled, so all really healthy. They even have japanese import beer and wine.

Quizno's - won't detail, but will say from Denver

Noodles and Company - Noodle dishes from around the world. Good price, but high quality food. Also has beer and wine. My recommendation: either mac and cheese (surprisingly amazing) or butter noodles and parmesan with shrimp.

Qdoba - San Francisco style burritos (as in as big as your head). Pretty good, nice variety of sauces and such. Tortilla soup trio (drink, taco, and tortilla soup) if not super hungry is very good buy.

Chipotle - like qdoba, but instead of being owned by jack in the box, it is owned by McDonalds. On par with Qdoba, can't say which I like more.

and must mention two other Denver places (but not fast casual) are red rock brewery/old chicago.

I have heard of this burger place that has "butter burgers." I think it is a midwest thing. Is it any good and what is it called.

Will add more later, but will let other people have a chance.

Thanks for the idea kirksmithicus

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Subway: Footlong subs for $5.00, cant beat that.
Chipotle: More burrito than you know what to do with.
Chevy's: Unless you're a professional wrestler or football player, you WILL have leftovers for breakfast. Discount coupons found every week in newspapers.
Wendy's: .99 cent double-stacks are incredibly delicious. Made old-school style, with ketsup and mustard, and not that milk snot they call mayonaise.
Del Taco: Cant ever go wrong with .59 cent breatkfast burritos.
Lil Ceasars Pizza: At $5.00, a large pizza is a bargain... did i mention that there is no waiting? Great for picking up for the family on the way home from work.

Freejack
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
You can always check Yelp.com for your local area. I've posted several reviews of local eateries as well as game shops and motorcycle shops.

http://carls.yelp.com

For eateries, it really depends on your tastes. I like Indian food so my likes may be different than others.

For the Broomfield area (Denver metro), Yak & Yeti is probably the best of the buffet Indian places that I've been to. We go to the one on 88th and Sheridan.

In Boulder, Falafel King seems to do the best with Gyros and Falafels.

Carl

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
They still have lil caesar's? I thought they went out of business.

Who knew.

Freejack
03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Chipotle - like qdoba, but instead of being owned by jack in the box, it is owned by McDonalds. On par with Qdoba, can't say which I like more.

In the past, McDonald's Corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s) owned a majority interest in Chipotle. McDonald's has since sold their entire stake in Chipotle; full divestment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divestment) was completed in October 2006.

So not owned, just a major investor and not there any more.

Carl

MortonStromgal
03-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Personally I like the hole in the walls.
For Seattle almost every other Wednesday I go to the Satellite Bar, they have 2 for 1 burger night.
Pho Tan Brothers offer Pho from $4-$7 cash only. The $7 bowl can feed 3-4 people.
Dicks is the local drive in and burgers start at $1.40, honestly its hard to spend more than $5 on food there
There is a place in the international district that I cant remember the name of. If you want cheap thai everything on the menu is $5

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 04:02 PM
You can always check Yelp.com for your local area. I've posted several reviews of local eateries as well as game shops and motorcycle shops.

http://carls.yelp.com

For eateries, it really depends on your tastes. I like Indian food so my likes may be different than others.

For the Broomfield area (Denver metro), Yak & Yeti is probably the best of the buffet Indian places that I've been to. We go to the one on 88th and Sheridan.

In Boulder, Falafel King seems to do the best with Gyros and Falafels.

Carl

Don't get to go to denver as much as I would like. Only go for holidays (my in-laws live there).

I didn't know about the McD's thing. Thanks.

@morton

I like, but am weary of hole in the wall places.

Best surprise is this place in San Fran in chinatown. It is called house of nan king (I think). It has a cheesy 1970's looking sign, and it is tiny inside, but the food was insane. It was worth the hour wait standing on the sidewalk.

nijineko
03-26-2009, 04:32 PM
my favorite restaurants... well, i'd have to start with the most memorable RanRan. found in japan, ibaraki-ken, tsukuba-shi on nishi-odori behind the karaoke bar and a bit through the student danchi complex behind that. 700y will get you a mixing bowl size portion of some of the best tonkatsudon you'll ever eat. tonkatsu on top of kome with moyashi, udedamago, nori, and sukemono. i usually pay the 50y to get an extra udedamago or two. slather some tonkatsu sause on that and go to town! just don't expect to move anywhere fast afterwards. but soooo good!

next on my list is a little place who's name i'll have to ask of the wife after she finishes napping. waaaaaay out in the country in the middle of idaho (and there's a whole lot of country in idaho), as usual it's down the way past the little store and turn right at the cow chewing cud. seriously. they have people from all over the state, and neighboring states come to eat there. burgers that are 4-5 inches thick and large enough around to make you wonder where the plate is. you cannot even see the plate unless you get a knife and use it to lever up the burger. 2+ lbs of juicy tender well seasoned and spiced meat with all the fixings. they make them bigger, it just costs you more. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Some of the best mexican restaurants i've ever frequented were the hole-in-the-walls. Mmm, great food.

Dimthar
03-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Fogo de Chão

I love meat!

GoddessGood
03-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I have heard of this burger place that has "butter burgers." I think it is a midwest thing. Is it any good and what is it called.
Culver's is just such a place. They have fantastic custard (which is better than soft serve by far, imho) and a surprising range in their menu for what at first appears to be just a burger joint. Great salads, too.

For quick burgers, my favorite is definitely Whataburger, which is mostly a Texas thing but I hear tell they've expanded to Oklahoma. When stacked against Wendy's, McDonald's and Burger King, Whataburger meat actually tastes like meat. They make big burgers for great prices and I don't get sick to my stomach when I eat there. My absolute favorite sandwich is something they only circulate every so often. 3 breaded chicken strips with two slices of monterrey jack cheese and a tangy honey bbq sauce that I can't get enough of. Pair that with an ice tea and a fried pumpkin pie, I'm in heaven.

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Happy Family Restaurant: (1219 E Alameda St.) This is a tiny little place located in a strip mall. The food is awesome though, nearly every time I went to this place there was a line out the door. The General's chicken is most delicious.

Thai Kumkoon: (1347 W. Lindsey St.) The home of Evil Jungle Chicken and other great thai foods. A great family run business. My wife insists on eating here everytime we go to Norman.

Harv's BBQ: (1332 E. Lindsey St.) A shack-ish joint (take out only) located in the middle of a strip mall. The food rocks and is worth the wait even if you melt waiting in line on the asphalt in the middle of the summer. It's only open for part of the year but the food is so good that I know vegetarians who look forward to opening day.

Van's Pig Stand: (320 N. Porter) 2nd only to Harv's.

Los Dos Amigos: (2130 E. Alameda St.) Wickedly good Mexican food. Jalapeno pickled carrots my friends, the most delectable carrots EVAR! and they have this queso that despite (or perhaps because of) its weird consistency is fantastic. Even though, I think it comes out of 50 gallon drum.

Greek House: (768 Jenkins Ave) Gyros the way they should be made. I lived in Greece for two years and gained nearly a 100 lbs eating 2-5 gyros a day. I know gyros my friends.

Soft Serve
03-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Subway, Taco Bell, and BK win for me.

That Angry Whopper Sandwhich advertisement worked so well on me....

It was like a test of strength and I so beat it.

Plus I remember once a bank caught fire next to my local BK and on my walk there I was the last person seen on camera and got arrested, then released like an hour later when they found the real person who did it.

Earlier that month I got arrested in the same burger king for accidentally kicking a shopping cart into a car and denting the door...

Good times at BK. :lol:

1958Fury
03-27-2009, 09:16 AM
They still have lil caesar's? I thought they went out of business.

Who knew.

Lil C's surprised me as well. Every location I knew closed down a few years ago, and I assumed the whole chain was gone. But they recently opened a new location next to a friend's house.

I hate them, though. Good prices, but mediocre pizza. Give me Pizza Hut any day. (Any day that I can afford it, anyway.) But my absolute favorite pizzas always seem to come from non-chain, family-owned pizza parlors.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Lil C's surprised me as well. Every location I knew closed down a few years ago, and I assumed the whole chain was gone. But they recently opened a new location next to a friend's house.

I hate them, though. Good prices, but mediocre pizza. Give me Pizza Hut any day. (Any day that I can afford it, anyway.) But my absolute favorite pizzas always seem to come from non-chain, family-owned pizza parlors.

REALLY! It is mediocre pizza, but I am poor and every Pizza Hut I have gone to has pissed me off. Is it near downtown, Antioch, Franklin, bellevue, or more north or more east? I live near thompson lane/briley parkway and I-24. Is it close?

Rochin
03-27-2009, 09:20 AM
One of my fav's is Round Table Pizza, here in Texas we do not have them, so I suffer greatly. Though I have found that Carmines Pizzeria in Richardson is pretty darn close to it. Carmines is a old school place, not fancy, but great pizza. Other than that I do not have a regular place my family and I eat at. We tend to try new places and so far do not have a favorite. Whataburger is pretty good for burgers and such. Subway is great and cheap. My wife and I get out to The Melting Pot a few times a year, the food is good, but it is quiet and relaxing. I know there are some good BBQ places around. The Dallas area really has an overload of eat out places.

Edit:
I was suprised at Lil C's as well. When I moved from Cali 12 years ago, they were dying out. There are a lot of them in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The pizza is cheap and it is not bad. I have had worse.

GoddessGood
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
I forgot to mention a little place called Stringbean. It's in north Dallas near 635 and 75. It's one of those homey little hole in the wall places where you can get chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, pot roast and killer mash potatoes or mac and cheese. They have pie a la mode and a daily special, and I love their fried okra. The owner knows us by sight and the wait staff is pretty great :) They also serve corned beef and cabbage every year at St. Patty's (which I missed again this year :( ).

1958Fury
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
REALLY! It is mediocre pizza, but I am poor and every Pizza Hut I have gone to has pissed me off. Is it near downtown, Antioch, Franklin, bellevue, or more north or more east? I live near thompson lane/briley parkway and I-24. Is it close?

Heh, I didn't realize you were Nashvillian when I replied to your post. :redface:

It's on Lebanon Pike, in the Hermitage Area.

EDIT:
4414 Lebanon Pike # B, Hermitage, TN‎

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I fly down to visit family in Corpus Christi every year, and, or course, to go to Padre Island. In Texas, Steak houses do not disappoint, but i still enjoy frequenting Joes Crab Shack when i'm there.

GoddessGood
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I fly down to visit family in Corpus Christi every year, and, or course, to go to Padre Island. In Texas, Steak houses do not disappoint, but i still enjoy frequenting Joes Crab Shack when i'm there.
Ugh, you make the trip to Corpus and you don't get quality seafood? I long for fresh gulf shrimp *cries*

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
culver's that is it. Couldn't remember the name. Next time I drive to Denver, might have to try that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Ugh, you make the trip to Corpus and you don't get quality seafood? I long for fresh gulf shrimp *cries*
Suggest a restaurant an an item and i will go there later this year, GoddessGood.

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Hanna Cafe (325 N. Mead st.) - This used to be a small Japanese sushi place located close to my brother-in-laws house. They moved last year to the new renovated down town party area. I don't like sushi all that much, but the place is actually run by a Korean guy. Who makes one of my all time favorite dishes, chicken Bi Bim Bab. It's great, vegetables, rice and chicken all mixed in a spicy sauce, and then topped with a fried egg. I try to go here every time I go to Wichita. If I'm just passing through and I don't have much time I'll stop at Spangles instead.

Siagon (1103 N. Broadway) - This is a really good Vietnamese place that I like, they serve some mean Kimchi.

Spangles - This is a local chain found all over the city and a few places outside of Wichita. Despite the extremely annoying commercials and chessy 1950 decor I love this place. The food is pretty good, a step up from most fast food burger joints. They have decent gyros, hamburgers and philly steak sandwhich. The best thing on the menu, is the french fries. I swear the fry them taters in liquid crack.

I used to have more favorite places but many are now defunct. Among them was Atomic Burrito, apparently I was the only thing keeping them open and after I moved they shut down. There was also a really good Cajun place that I can't remember the name of and can't find online.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Siagon (1103 N. Broadway) - This is a really good Vietnamese place that I like, they serve some mean Kimchi.

Isn't kimchi korean?

I do like kimchi though.

One of Nashville's claim to fame: Pancake Pantry. A little more expensive than your typical breakfast place, but oh so good.

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes it is. They serve a little bit of everything. Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese. It goes together pretty good. Unlike the Mexican, Chinese, American buffet place I ate at in Dodge City, Ks once. Nachos, general tsao chicken and green bean casserole, a killer combo.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
My parents stopped at this Mexican/chinese place in Wyoming, they said it was surprisingly good. It was owned by a couple where the husband was chinese and the wife was mexican.

Can't say what town, but it is on the way from billings, MT to Denver CO.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 05:16 PM
My parents stopped at this Mexican/chinese place in Wyoming, they said it was surprisingly good. It was owned by a couple where the husband was chinese and the wife was mexican.

Can't say what town, but it is on the way from billings, MT to Denver CO.
Mexican/Chinese restaurant? Very freakin' cool! I'd eat there every day. :D

Sascha
03-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Ah, the things you miss when you leave California: Del Taco and In 'n' Out. Or, Tommy's - the original one in L.A., at the corner of Rampart and, er, that other street.

Closer to home, back in Greeley, CO, there was Alberto's; no idea if it's still there, but danged good chimichangas. Or Romas, down by the university; any place you could get a Mtn. Dew that'd give you a caffeine rush by the first sip is tops :P

1958Fury
03-27-2009, 09:26 PM
One of Nashville's claim to fame: Pancake Pantry. A little more expensive than your typical breakfast place, but oh so good.

Oh, yes. Yes yes yes. Yes.

Valdar
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Up here, there's a place on Aurora called Cindy's Pancake house, with the best chicken fried steak in town (as reported by several newspapers, and confirmed by me). The sad part is that Cindy is retiring, and trying to sell off the property (in the worst of times). It's even on Craigslist:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bfs/1089845747.html

The only offer they've gotten is for a new strip club, and that fell through (I was curious about that, since Seattle's ad-hoc government has managed to block all new strip clubs for the last decade... They've also failed to build a monorail that we voted for, and put up a stadium that we voted against, so I guess you could rightly say that Seattle is a monarchy...)

Personally, I've been stuffing myself with this delicacy in anticipation of the place closing down. Mmm, chicken-fried steak...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Mmm... i'm eating a double-double from In-n-Out as i'm typing...mmm good. he he he

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 11:37 PM
The Nut Hut (Altoona, Ks) - Occasionally my Gramps-in-law gets a hankering for some Mt. Oysters and drags me over to the Nut Hut. Now I'm not a fan of them myself but luckily they do have good hamburgers. I'm just grateful there aren't any restaurants that serve squirrel.

Fat Boyz (Little River, Ks) - Great steaks and homemade fries. Little River is pretty small so it's only open during the evenings. The place across the street is open for breakfast and lunch. It is a good place to eat too, but I can't remember the name. They have about every type of fried potato imaginable.

Yosimite's Saloon (Holcomb, Ks) - Bad beer, depressed farmers, depressed welders, the occasional biker and my drunk brother, what's not to love. On the up side the burgers are good, the fries are fantastic and they have jalapeno poppers. The owner and bartender Marge threatened to kick my butt on more than one occasion. She has since retired and her son now runs the place. He's not nearly as fun or ornery though.

El Rancho Cafe (Holcomb, Ks) - I thought I'd throw this one up as well, even though I'm pretty sure that it may be the worst Mexican place I've ever been to. It's been serving bad food since the 1920's. The only redeeming thing about this place is the exterior architecture, that is if you can make it out from under the 600 coats of ugly green paint.

Miss Emma's (Neodesha, Ks) - They used to serve only one thing, fried chicken. Recently they have expanded the menu but the only reason to eat here is the fried chicken.

The Great Western Diner (Fredonia, Ks) - This place absolutely sucks, don't ever eat here. My Gramps-in-law loves this place though and I must simply endure.

24 Hour Burrito (Dodge City, Ks) - Once when I was working in Dodge City I got really sick at work. When I got off work and back to the hotel at 7:00 pm I just passed out. I woke up around 1:00 am starving so I got in the truck and drove around looking for a place to eat. Luckily it was Saturday night and this place caters to drunk Mexican immigrants leaving the bars. No one behind the counter spoke English, no one on the other side of the counter spoke English and they were all drunk to boot. So I just pointed at what the guy in line in front of me had and held up two fingers. Simply AMAZING!

Little Apple Brewery (Manhattan, Ks) - A great brew pub with good food and good dark beer. Pick up a growler of Brown Cow.

Pizza Shuttle (Manhattan, Ks) - A K-State University institution. Pizza is good and cheap. The commercials are subliminal messages. The only annoying thing is they won't deliver straws even though they'll deliver you a soda. I mean what gives, are the straws weight prohibitive? I just want a straw, how hard is it to grab one on the way out. Never gotten one, even though I made it my mission to harass them about it every time I order from here. If you order pizza shuttle, ask for a straw, then ask why they will not deliver one.

Clyde's Steakhouse (Manhattan, Ks) - This place was bought and demolished so Wal-mart could build a parking lot. A real shame. They used to have an all you can eat steak night for $6.99. The place was so small that they didn't have freezer space to keep anything for more than a week. So on Wednesday night they cooked everything up and put it on the buffet. Steak and mashed potato sandwich's rule when your a starving college student.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2009, 12:10 AM
If ever any of you find yourselves in Fairfax, VA., that's 22032 for you lazy techies, check out a local pizza place called Angies(sp?) Pizza. It's located in a little shopping center off Braddock Road. Mmm goooooood!

Rochin
03-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Mmm... i'm eating a double-double from In-n-Out as i'm typing...mmm good. he he he

I do miss that from when I lived in Cali. Darn good stuff.

GoddessGood
03-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Closer to home, back in Greeley, CO, there was Alberto's;
The only thing I remember about Greeley is they have a good hospital, a burgeoning crime problem and, on hot days or when the wind blows wrong, the whole town smells like a cow flop :(. But you did remind me of a restaurant I went to in Fort Collins called Nico's Catacombs (or Caverns, or something) that was fan-freaking-tastic. High-end stuff. I had orange duck and brie en croute and the wine list was longer than the menu but by god was that good food.

Edit: I looked up reviews for Nico's Catacombs, and it's mixed. I can't help but think the bad reviews sound like they're from really snotty people ... but then again it's an expensive restaurant and the people who usually eat at expensive restaurants are generally snotty, imho ;).

Suggest a restaurant an an item and i will go there later this year, GoddessGood.
I can't for the life of me remember the name, and the google search isn't helping *pulls out hair*. I'll have to ask my mom if she remembers where we went.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Your efforts are appreciated, GoddessGood. Be sure to let me know if you come across some names of places. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Sascha
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM

"Those are some good burgers, Walter."

The only thing I remember about Greeley is they have a good hospital, a burgeoning crime problem and, on hot days or when the wind blows wrong, the whole town smells like a cow flop :(.

Yep, that sounds about right. They always said you get used to the cow, but you really don't :P Growing up, we'd always come to Fort Collins for restaurants, anyway, hehe.

Mirina
03-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Personally I like the hole in the walls.
For Seattle almost every other Wednesday I go to the Satellite Bar, they have 2 for 1 burger night.
Pho Tan Brothers offer Pho from $4-$7 cash only. The $7 bowl can feed 3-4 people.
Dicks is the local drive in and burgers start at $1.40, honestly its hard to spend more than $5 on food there
There is a place in the international district that I cant remember the name of. If you want cheap thai everything on the menu is $5

Pho Tan is yucky; I'd rather pay a little more at Pho Cyclo or Pho 900; something about the taste of Pho Tan just doesn't jive with me.

I'll give you Satellite Lounge for good burgers, and Dick's for cheap food (mint chocolate chip Tilamook ice cream, yummmmm).

My favorite places right now tend to be around Broadway on Capitol Hill; I'd say they are pretty good.

Mexican: La Puerta
Greek/Lebanese/Mediterranean: Mediterranean Kitchen for quick bites, Byzantion for sit-down
Indian: Mirch Masala, though there's an Indian/Tibetan/Nepalese restaurant that is also quite good, Annapurna Cafe, I think it is called.
Italian: this one is the exception, best place around (IMO) is in Redmond, in a little strip mall. It's called Tropea, and yes, I would drive through bad traffic on the 520 to eat there.

nijineko
03-31-2009, 12:15 AM
i don't know of any really good local places... the in-n-out and jack-in-the-box are pretty good. coco's bakery was pretty good, especially since they willingly added mushrooms to my sandwich. we've found one decent chinese buffet down by 5 and 76. the fish sandwich i had at the harbor was pretty tasty. any must-eats in the oceanside/vist (san diego area?)

off topic, but too bad about pair-a-dice, ne?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 12:29 AM
If you ever find yourself in the Inland Empire, in Redlands, CA., go get yourself a burrito from El Burrito. It's located just under the 10 freeway.

My two favs are: Garbage Burrito & Bean and Cheese Burrito (w/lettuce and onions). Even their homemade hot sauce is delicioso.

agoraderek
03-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Houston here:

Mexican: Either Ruchie's or Taqueria Tapatia, Tex-Mex at its best. (Honorable mention: Mission Burritos, one of those "burrito as big as your head" places.)

Vietnamese: Mai's (Honorable mention: Mo Mong and Pho Bihn)

Barbecue: Goode Co. Barbecue. A Houston tradition.

Steaks: Del Friscos. Mmmm. (Honorable mention: Saltgrass, but only the one on Shepard, as they still offer steaks in "Hofbrau" style, which was the location's previous name before they were bought out).

Sushi: Aka Sushi House. Good stuff. (Honorable mention: Ishii, for their happy hour, $20 will go a long way)

Cajun/Creole: Brennan's, hands down the best you'll get this side of NewOrleans (Honorable mention: Ragin' Cajun)

Italian: Antonio's Flying Pizza. I'm Italian, trust me on this one :) (Honorable mention: Frank's Pizza)

Hamburgers: Langford's Grocery. Hand made and sloppy, just as God intended. (Honorable mention: Adrian's, but it's in a rough neighborhood, not recommended for tourists).

English Pub food: The Black Labrador.

Indian: Bombay Palace. This is the real deal, the owner owns places in L.A., D.C. and NYC, and likes this one the best, as Texans can handle the real stuff. He said he has to tone it down for the East and West Coast palates. (Honorable mention: Madrass Pavillion. Southern Indian food, vegetarian, quite good).

Thai: Thai Pepper. Good stuff, and properly hot.

Ethiopian: Blue Nile. This place is awesome!

Jamaican: Reggae Hut. Go for the patties, stay for the jerk goat...

Brazilian Churrascaria: Fogo de Chao. Hands down the best Brazilian place I've ever been to.

Middle Eastern/Lebanese: Turquoise Grill. The owner will talk your ear off, but the food rocks! And definitely get the Turkish coffee and baklava!

That should get anyone visiting started :)

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Braums - because they have carb watch vanilla that only has 2g of carbs per serving, so my sorry diabetic butt can have some ice cream.

Agoraderek, yeah Ethiopian food rocks, like the Doro wat (however you spell it).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Just found out about a Morroccan place in town. I'll have to check it out this week. Cant wait.

Edit: Just found out it's Indian. But hey, that's cool. I love Indian Cuisine. :rolleyes:

Soft Serve
04-02-2009, 02:45 AM
This thread makes me hungry...

Rally's anyone?

agoraderek
04-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Braums - because they have carb watch vanilla that only has 2g of carbs per serving, so my sorry diabetic butt can have some ice cream.

This is one of the few things I miss about Dallas :)