PDA

View Full Version : Computer Adventure Games

yukonhorror
03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Does this community (or has this community) play adventure games like King's quest and hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

I always thought these were great games, and I tried to incorporate the theme of one into one of my first DMing attempts (where I failed miserably).

Used to be active in the forums on this other site

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/

but stopped for no particular reason. It has fan made adventure games, with some very interesting puzzles, storylines, etc... Might provide for some interesting inspiration material.

Envikin
03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
One of the first computer games I remember loving was the Space Quest Series. I never got to try the King's Quest ones. Last year I bought the Space Quest collection which has all 6 on one disc and a DOS emulator. The first one or two are the revamped versions so now you can use the mouse instead of only using the keyboard. I think the King's Quest collection was next to this one in the store.
Ahh Amnesia Lane.

Freejack
03-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Adventure. That was a pretty interesting game for its time. Hack and then nethack was one of the ones I really enjoyed. Took two years to beat.

I played several of the Infocom games. Then Leisure Suit Larry and the Commander Keen adventures.

Carl

GoddessGood
03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Adventure. That was a pretty interesting game for its time. Hack and then nethack was one of the ones I really enjoyed. Took two years to beat.

I played several of the Infocom games. Then Leisure Suit Larry and the Commander Keen adventures.

Carl
I loved Commander Keen! I used to goof around for hours on that pogostick :D

What exactly makes something an "adventure game"?

Soft Serve
03-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Does Fable Count?

yukonhorror
03-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I loved Commander Keen! I used to goof around for hours on that pogostick :D

What exactly makes something an "adventure game"?

I think it is the puzzles and "using" items on stuff. Point and click. Go to the website (on original post), and play the "short" games, and you'll get a feel for what they are like.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I've tried a couple, but as of yet, havent found one that really calls out to me.

yukonhorror
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I've tried a couple, but as of yet, havent found one that really calls out to me.

search for the award winners on that site. Tale of Two kingdoms is good if you like fantasy. I heard 5 days a stranger (or something of that sort) has a very intriguing story.

Valdar
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Does Fable Count?

I was going to mention Fable. Many of my friends are quite addicted to Fable 2 (the fact that they sell it in the company store doesn't hurt a bit...)

Soft Serve
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Love Fable. But it was way too easy to find the best weapon in that game...

Sascha
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I played the heck out of Loom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loom_%28video_game%29) back in the day. There were a few others, but danged if I can remember what they are :P Fun, those ^_^