PDA

View Full Version : My shiney new job.

kirksmithicus
03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
So I got a new job the other day, it's very part time and it doesn't pay that well, but still. I get paid for watching TV, or rather I get paid mostly for writing down what my wife watches on TV. :cool: Sweet! The Nielson Ratings people rule.

So I called my brother tonight to let him know. I asked him "Hey, you watching TV?, yeah me too. You know what the difference between me watching TV and you watching TV? You're a rank amateur and I'm a paid professional. SUCK IT CHUMP!" :rockon:

But because the job doesn't really pay all that well I thought I would try to extort some money by abusing my new found power. So I told him if he wanted to see Heroes or Lost or any of his other favorite TV shows on the fall schedule next season, that he needed to start sending me $10.00 per show each week. Otherwise who knows, it might get beat in the ratings by a Lifetime movie or a design show on TLC and get canceled.

BTW people, I take cash, checks, all major credit cards and Paypal.

Grimwell
03-24-2009, 12:23 AM
lol

Soft Serve
03-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Awesome so you'll take all those stupid shows off G4 for free?

Will you get rid of Cops and Cheaters too?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2009, 07:42 AM
It's not about keeping certain shows on the air, its getting some shows that dont belong on the air, off. Now that i have an inside man, you have to work for the powers of good and focus your powers to get rid of some of the garbage found on the boob-tube. I realize it's a momumental task, but somebody has to do it.

GoddessGood
03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
You truly are a noble man. But please, whatever you do, don't take my House away from me!

Envikin
03-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Congrats on the new job. I've stopped watching TV on a TV anymore but if I got paid to do it I would. I watch it on my computer to avoid all those excessive commercials and that having to sit down at the same time every week. I would always miss the first bit of a show before I remembered it was that time again.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Endeavor to keep Supernatural & Two-and-a-half Men on the air. I'm hooked on those shows.

GoddessGood
03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Endeavor to keep Supernatural & Two-and-a-half Men on the air. I'm hooked on those shows.
Hear, hear. I'm still catching up on back episodes of Supernatural. We've made it to mid season 3. In the middle of season 2, I bet my boyfriend that Jo (who appeared to be Dean's love interest) was going to get killed before the end of the season. The wager was a steak dinner at a hibachi place we both like. When we found out she was written out of the show and was thus neither dead nor alive, we agreed (him somewhat grudgingly) to call it a draw.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm on season 4 or 5 of Supernatural, i dont recall which. I just know that it isnt released on dvd (according to netflix) till around September, 2009. :confused:

october_darkness
03-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I just started watching two and a half men, and was quite surprised at how funny the show is.... then again I liked Dharma & Greg as well.

Soft Serve
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't watch any TV anymore except for the Office,and Spongebob with my dad, and Attack of the Show when it's on and I feel like it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't watch any TV anymore except for the Office,and Spongebob with my dad, and Attack of the Show when it's on and I feel like it.
One can never go wrong with Spongebob. My theory is that they send subliminal messages through the show for its the only explanation why its so addictive.

Envikin
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
One can never go wrong with Spongebob. My theory is that they send subliminal messages through the show for its the only explanation why its so addictive.
I'll second that! :bathbaby:

kirksmithicus
03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
you have to work for the powers of good :der: errr have we met? I only use my powers for evil.

You truly are a noble man. But please, whatever you do, don't take my House away from me! My wife loves House, but I'd rather watch Chuck myself. That's the only reason we have two TV's.

I'll second that! :bathbaby: Me three!

Soft Serve
03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
so Kirk....

If I get a TV show on the air you'll give me all good rating right?

I mean...your cool right? :cool:

kirksmithicus
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
so Kirk....

If I get a TV show on the air you'll give me all good rating right?

I mean...your cool right? :cool:

Very :cool: