PDA

View Full Version : The Unquiet Lands 4e D&D pbp forum is up! Looking for 5 players.

Umiushi
03-23-2009, 01:04 AM
As it says in the title, and thank you, Farcaster!

I've already got the post out in Campaign Invitations, but I'd like to mention it here too, now that the forum is all set up: I'm hoping to find five players who think they will be a good fit for this game.

I hope that The Unquiet Lands will be a fun and exciting game filled with flashing swords, wondrous spells, and plenty of drama--in the good sense. Basically, I want it to have all the elements that happy, involved players will be quick to provide. It may be that one of those players will be you.

Umiushi
03-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Right now, there are six potential players in the party. Anyone who is interested in this game may participate in the forums as an observer, but will have to wait for a current player to retire before they can join in the game.

Umiushi
07-13-2009, 12:52 AM
The Unquiet Lands is a play-by-post, fourth edition D&D game hosted in this forum section at http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...play.php?f=140 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140) and takes place in an original setting. We have been playing for three months now with semi-weekly posting intervals. Recently, the number of active player characters dropped to four, so I am extending an invitation for a new player to join the campaign.

If you are interested and wish to find out whether you will be a good fit, the "Guidelines" threads discuss what I expect from players, and what players may expect from me; the "Posting Schedule" thread contains the details of our schedule; and the "Empire" threads will fill you in on the campaign setting. Acqua Alta and the Out-of-Character Adventure Discussion track the progress of the game. Assuming it looks like it's a good fit for you, the next steps are to contact me, preferably through the Private Message system, and then join The Unquiet Lands social group as a new member. There are no membership requirements for the social group as long as members follow the rules and aren't disruptive.

The first potential player who follows the above procedures and submits their completed character sheet to me will become part of the campaign. If it should happen that there are multiple submissions, I may take up to two more players, and anyone who is still interested is welcome to continue being a member of the social group, which is the first place I will turn to if more players are needed in the future. For all players, regular and reliable communication is a must.

Currently, we are discussing possible changes to the campaign, including moving to a hybrid chat/pbp format. New and potential players may participate in this discussion and will be listened to, but please note that I will prioritize the needs of the original players.

Umiushi
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Thank you to everyone who has shown interest. At the present time, the party is full once more with six players. As always, anyone is free to join the social group as a member, if not a player. I will post here again if the active PCs in the party drops below five.

Umiushi
07-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Is the play-by-post format your style. but have you joined play-by-post games only to see them end due to inactivity? Are you yourself a reliable and friendly player as well as a regular and attentive poster? Would you like to be part of the most active play-by-post game in Pen & Paper Games?

The Unquiet Lands is a play-by-post, fourth edition D&D game hosted on the Pen & Paper Games forum at http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...play.php?f=140 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140) in an original setting. We have been playing for over two years now with twice-weekly posting intervals. The players have proven themselves to be friendly and helpful to newcomers. There are over 3,500 posts in the IC and OOC threads, combined. There is currently room for up to two new players in the campaign.

If you are interested and wish to find out whether you will be a good fit, the "Guidelines" threads discuss what I expect from players, and what players may expect from me. The "...Empire" threads will fill you in on the campaign setting. Acqua Alta and the Out-of-Character Adventure Discussion threads track the progress of the game. Assuming it looks like it's a good fit for you, the next steps are to contact me, preferably through the Private Message system, and then join The Unquiet Lands social group as a new member. There are no membership requirements for the social group as long as members follow the rules and aren't disruptive.

In addition, I conduct biweekly chat games in the same world setting. These games are not connected to the play-by-post game, so you don't miss out if you only play in one and not the other. However, participating in the play-by-post game will put you at the front of the line for consideration if you wish to join a chat game. Chat games are generally conducted using MapTool and are text-only. Currently, a small campaign, Dispositio Diabolum, is in planning for chat, and due to start in mid-August.

The first two potential players who follow the above procedures and submit their completed character sheet to me will become part of the campaign. If it should happen that there are more than two submissions, anyone who is still interested is welcome to continue being a member of the social group, which is the first place I will turn to if more players are needed in the future. For all players, regular and reliable communication is a must.

The current starting level is 3. Due to the current situation that the party is in, I will expect new players to take control of one of the two companion characters in the party until such time as their original character can be introduced.

Umiushi
07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Thank you and welcome to the new players. The party is full again. As usual, anyone is free to join the Social Group as a non-participating member.