PDA

View Full Version : Good bye Colorado Hello Illinois

Chi
03-22-2009, 03:03 PM
We are moving to Pekin Ill. I have a great game here in Co need a new great game in IL. Anyone need players!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Hope you move goes smoothly and you find a great bunch of players at your new location.

Grimwell
03-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Good luck to both of you on the move! I hope it is safe and as easy as a move can be.

I just checked the map, and it's a bit of a drive, but if you ever have the chance to visit the Chicago suburbs, find the gaming store in Arlington Heights. It is not to be missed. They do a lot of neat stuff and have a great stock of gaming fun.

mrken
03-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Missing you two already. :hurt: Illinois don't deserve you guys.

kirksmithicus
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Hehe, I just sent you a PM. I didn't realize you guys were moving.

Chi
03-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Good luck to both of you on the move! I hope it is safe and as easy as a move can be.

I just checked the map, and it's a bit of a drive, but if you ever have the chance to visit the Chicago suburbs, find the gaming store in Arlington Heights. It is not to be missed. They do a lot of neat stuff and have a great stock of gaming fun. Sixteen hours to be exact, with a cat that is very loud!! We will have to get up to that store is about an hour and a half drive, not to bad.

Missing you two already. :hurt: Illinois don't deserve you guys.
You are going to see us wednesday!!

cplmac
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
How much will the move cause changes to the wedding planning? I remember from another thread that it was being slated for this coming Halloween.

Freejack
03-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Just missed the Blizzard :) We have 4" in just the past couple of hours and it's supposed to get up to 15" in places.

Working from home :D

Carl

GoddessGood
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Just missed the Blizzard :) We have 4" in just the past couple of hours and it's supposed to get up to 15" in places.

Carl
Colorado must be on some bizarre time schedule. I was told it never snows at Christmas, and yet here it is snowing in March (officially springtime, not winter anymore). I've also heard news reports from Vale, CO where the newscasters were disappointed to tell folks that the ski-slopes were closing IN JUNE! June? June is when you go to the beach or the lake, not to ski.

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Colorado must be on some bizarre time schedule. I was told it never snows at Christmas, and yet here it is snowing in March (officially springtime, not winter anymore). I've also heard news reports from Vale, CO where the newscasters were disappointed to tell folks that the ski-slopes were closing IN JUNE! June? June is when you go to the beach or the lake, not to ski.

You apparently have never lived in CO. There was a blizzard in May (during finals week) and I-25 had to be shut down. I didn't realize how cold it was until I got outside, but I was lat for my final so couldn't go upstairs and replace my shorts and sandals with something warmer.

mrken
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Yesterday we were at Attactix and talking about the move. They have not rented the truck yet because of the impending blizzard. Chi had to work that afternoon. They were still packing and were going to a going away party on Friday night. So, I may be helping pack the truck if they are into it early Saturday morning as we have company coming over for lunch.

Freejack
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM

I think it gets too cold to snow over December although we do get a few storms. The bigger ones are in February and March. We had 7 weekends of snow a couple of years back. And skiing on the 4th of July seems to be a common hobby :)

Carl

nijineko
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
where in illinois? i've lived a few places there. ^^

Chi
03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
How much will the move cause changes to the wedding planning? I remember from another thread that it was being slated for this coming Halloween.
Wedding will still be Halloween although we will be moving it to Ill instead of having it in Co.

Carl
We didn't miss it we were trying to go between this snow and the one we are supposed to get monday.

where in illinois? i've lived a few places there. ^^
Peoria Pekin area.

nijineko
03-31-2009, 12:25 AM
good luck with a safe move!

i've lived in macomb, which is not too far from peoria. stay away from the industrial side after dark, ne?

Chi
03-31-2009, 12:01 PM
We made it safe and sound but I am really really home sick!!!