PDA

View Full Version : Vagabond Bebop

Bodlar
03-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I am running a modified Rifts game. You will start with next to nothing as a Vagabond. Then as the game progresses you will work on your character and build him into the class you want to play. The major downfall to playing Rifts to me has always been the overwhelming amount of power most characters start with. There is a lack of care and self thought that goes into your characters as a result. In Vagabond Bebop you start with nothing and have to earn your character.

This campaign takes place 200 years after the standard Rifts game. It uses an alternate time line. In this timeline Free Quebeq allied with the rebels and was able to usurp the Coalition. What settled afterwords was a liberal government designed to work out for every one. There was a long age of prosperity and by now the human condition has taken over again. Corruption drives the government and economy once again. Mega-Corporations now run the solar system. The setting takes a number of elements from the Anime Cowboy Bebop. Most of the planets and moons have been terraformed. They were able to dislodge the debris out of earth's orbit in order to allow for space travel again. The unfortunate consequence of that though is that the earth is plagued by constant meteor showers. Making it very difficult to live anywhere on the surface other than the Mega-Cities. As a result Earth has become the slum of the solar system. Mars is the upper class place to live now.

You start at the bottom of the bottom of this corrupt monolithic system. You have a few belongings and are able to barely scrape by. Some how you have avoided being killed by any of the numerous gangs in your area. Living in the lower levels of the Chi-Town Mega-City has taught you some basic survival skills. You are tired of the grind and ready to seize your destiny. There is a new gig in town, L.O.V.E. Inc., that is recruiting bounty hunters for dangerous missions and you see it as your only way out. The money is good, but the risk is high. Will you survive to the next job?

The game will take place on Saturday during the day. Probably starting around 1 or 2pm. I'd like to meet weekly, but it may end up being Biweekly. My friend has to host in order to play so we will play there. I run a very free form game and allow my players a lot of freedom. The only thing I ask is that you respect my decisions when I say NO. "The GM is always right" philosophy. I don't put my foot down often, but sometimes it's necessary. I do not pull punches. Character death is going to be a part of this game unless you really cover your bases. It will make the ones that survive that much more meaningful ;).

Now that I've told you the negative let me hit a few of the positives. I have GMed for 15 years and like to make sure my players are enjoying themselves. I am very flexible and will help you make your character what ever you want it to be. All of my players have enjoyed my games and I think that you will too. If you haven't played Rifts before it's not a big deal. It's a pretty easy game to pickup, and I don't stick really hard to the rules anyway.

Bodlar
03-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Have to postpone the start date for 2 more weeks. Still looking for more players. Tell your friends ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I love this kind of stuff. Sorry to say i am too busy to play right now, so if i may humbly suggest; please create a gamers log of said game so as i can live vicariously though the GM and his or her players and get my fix. Any and all consideration would be greatly appreciated. I can only but ask.

Btw, ever scuba dive Puget Sound? I've always wanted to.

Apologies, :sorry: for the tangent, now :focus:.

Bodlar
03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Glad you like the idea. I want to do a game log for this game for sure. I have never done one before. After reading this site, though, I really want to do one. I'll keep ya posted!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Glad you like the idea. I want to do a game log for this game for sure. I have never done one before. After reading this site, though, I really want to do one. I'll keep ya posted!
Great news!

Please do, even if you have to shoot me an email link of said campaign log, and thanks again for the consideration.

Game on!

Bodlar
03-14-2009, 03:42 PM
It will be in Blog format on this site for sure. P&PG FTW :-P.

Bodlar
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Managed to find a couple more people. Still looking for more though.

-Bod

Bodlar
03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Vagabond Bebop kicks off this Saturday! I still have room for another player or two.

-Brad

Novik
07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Sounds intresting,send me the info on when and where you play next, I would like to join.