PDA

View Full Version : DM / Player Tools Dungeon Crafter 3

kirksmithicus
03-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Dungeon Crafter 3 (http://www.dungeoncrafter3.com/)

I don't know if anyone has posted this program up before? but I just found it, and I think it rocks.

This is a simple and easy to use program. The base files can manipulated and modified with no problems. Adding your own tiles is easy as all get out, they are just simple .png files. Best of all, It's FREEWARE! I have not looked to see if there are any file sites for this program but I'll check soon, if not, I'll start making my own (Okay, I already have).

On the down side, outdoor maps are a little beyond this program, unless you can find some good base tiles for ground cover, trees, streams and the like. The map size is limited but that can be overcome by copying multiple files into paint and stitching them together. Also, no grid edge on the tiles, you have to add that yourself. All-in-all pretty sweet, with lots o' potential.

I've attached a copy of my first map. The, red hot magma *Dr. Evil dramatic pause* is my own creation.

templeorder
05-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I've played around with this a few times and its good, but the Profantasy CC3 suite is definitely much better (and really expensive!) and takes a lot longer to get good at.

Moritz
05-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Pencil and Graph Paper :)

Windstar
05-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Would be very useful if you could save and continue on or even reload a map.. But for small quick builds it seems nice.

:cool::cool: