PDA

View Full Version : Issue #1: Forces in Motion



Webhead
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
KA-BOOM! A fuel truck explodes as it is struck by stray fire from one of the thugs feverishly and carelessly emptying an automatic rifle in your direction. A dozen other men, dressed similarly in blue-and-red patterned jumpsuits with flak vests and helmets, dart between the cover provided by the other army vehicles, supply crates and sand bags in the covered motorpool as they try to disuade your advance with stolen firearms. Precisely how such a small group of operatives could have so thoroughly and effortlessly infiltrated and neutralized the defenses and staff of Fort Hamilton is still a unclear. Also a mystery is just how your benefactor knew about the incursion before any local alarm was raised. Regardless, you're here to see to it that their operation is stopped. On your approach into the base, you saw a couple of the guards collapsed at their posts. Taking a quick check, they were still alive but unconscious and showed no signs of physical trauma such as bruises, cuts or bullet wounds.

The four of you are now standing at the front gate of the motorpool building with its sliding double doors completely open. The building is 1 area wide and 3 areas long (fore, middle and aft). 2 areas ahead of you (middle) is where the suited enemies are currently positioned, all taking cover behind whatever is at hand. Personnel lockers and storage chests have been flung open as if these men have been ransacking the place in search of something. In the aft section of the structure, piled up against the left wall near some of the lockers, are a handful of the base's MPs in their fatigues. They lie slumped over one another, motionless.

Kalanth
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Looking about, ensuring he has cover from any incoming fire, Volt rushes over to the MP's and checks for a pulse, "Man! Last thing I need right now is a pile of dead soldiers."

Rochin
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
The darkness creeps over Dr. Valen...who teleports after Volt. "This is quickly getting out of hand, someone should do...um something." He studies his surroundings looking to defend Volt as he works on checking the soldiers.

Zax
03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
"ON IT!"
The call cames from the CHIMERA suit, and a whine starts up as the ion engines on the suits back power up.
"I'll distract them!"
The CHIMERA suit flew off, weaving between the obstacles, firing the occasional shot as it zigzagged it's way towards the intruders.

OOC: Do you want me to roll up the hit chance or will you do it?

Inqe13
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
"I think reasoning with them is out of the question, care should be taken as to not kill them otherwise we might have bigger issues" yells Praetoraen over the gunfire.

Kalanth
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Hunched over the soldiers, peering around the battlefield, Volt bellows, "Make a shield! Best to protect the area and reduce any potential collateral damage!"

Rochin
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Dr Valen thinks to himself.. a shield? What a wonderful idea...searching his powers he tries to bring forth a shield/wall of Darkforce between the wounded alies, the soldiers and armed men.(Attempted power stunt) "Darkness defend us!"