PDA

View Full Version : grappeling

Gufang
02-28-2009, 04:14 AM
i recently obtaind a chained sickle, and i was wondering how would i be ale to grepple with it? if you have any ieas on that or how to grapple in generale that would be great!!!:confused:

frank634
02-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, personally, i wouldn't give any weapon a free grab since having the weapon release from the grab would be difficult at best during combat. However, I wouldn't object to anybody writting up a weapon like this as a reach weapon that upon a successful hit, you can pull the target one square toward you. Personally, that is how I would adjucate the weapon.

Gufang
03-01-2009, 05:38 AM
cool thnx alot

Grimwell
03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I think frank's got a solid answer. You could create a combat exploit for your character as one of your powers. Get your DM involved to make sure it works for the game you are playing in, but it could be a way to give you the flavor you want.

Grappling in 4E is much simpler than it was in 3.X. Check the PHB on it and you'll see what I mean.

Meeki
03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Well technically there is no actual grappling anymore. They replaced it with grab, which is simply holding onto someone with 1 hand (or appendage of some sort).

Most "grapple" like actions are associated with powers now, and, as far as I know, primarily available to monsters. That is until powers and the like come out for PC's.

Valdar
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
If there were a pull effect added to the weapon, I'd make it a secondary attack against Fort- you still need to be tough enough to pull someone around even if you can wrap a chain around them.

I'd also make it a Fighter encounter power- in fact, I'd make it an optional Weapon (Flail) effect of the Trip Up power.