PDA

View Full Version : Play by Chat D&D 3.5, Forgotten Realms

trialbyfireent
02-25-2009, 01:44 AM
*Please note this is 3.5e, not 4e*
This campaign is in the Forgotten Realms setting, beginning in Cormyr. Please read the background if you want to get a general idea of what you should write your character's background like. (if anything)

Play Time
I'd like to shoot for 10:30pm MST to about 1:30am (Looking for late players) on Fridays and Saturdays every week. If we work out a group and this time needs tweaking, we can make some adjustments, but I can't reliably get on earlier than 10:30pm.

Character Creation
Ability scores can either be assigned from (15,14,13,12,10,8) or you can do standard point buy.

In Standard Point Buy, all of your scores start at 8, and you have 25 ability points to distribute. However, exceptionally high scores are more taxing on your point reservoir the higher you go. Up to 14 in an ability score is bought on a point for point basis. 15 and 16 cost 2 points, 17 and 18 cost 3 points. Bear in mind that while Point Buy will allow you to have bigger numbers where you need them, you don’t want to forget about rounding your character out. Racial modifiers are applied after buying points.

Player Characters will begin the game at level 2 equivalent, or 1000 exp. This will allow me to maintain balance if anyone wants a planetouched race.

Allowed Races: Human, Elf (Moon, Sun, Wild, Wood), Half-Elf, Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf, Half-Orc, Tiefling, Aasimar, Genasi (Fire, Earth, Water, Air)

Allowed Classes: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard

Prestige Classes: Too many to list, but your character has to come by the knowledge of their existence and learn the art somehow.

Your first Hit Die is maximum. Your second (if applicable) can either be rolled or averaged. If you choose to roll, you must roll it at the start of the campaign. If averaged, it is the top end of the low half of your die. (i.e. d4=2, d6=3, d8=4, d10=5, d12=6)

You begin with up to 1,000gp worth of gear. Anything left over is pocket money.

*For explanations on any of the things listed here, e-mail me at brianshockdaddy@gmail.com*

Variants
This campaign will make use of a lot of resources, such as the feats listed in the book FEATS. This opens up many abstract venues of character development, so think hard about exactly what you want to accomplish. There’s probably a feat for it.

Toughness: This feat now grants +3 Hit Points, or +1 HP/Hit Die, whichever is higher. This keeps toughness from seeming like a wasted feat at later levels. The advanced forms of Toughness such as Dwarf’s Toughness, are not usable. You may only take Toughness once.

Instant-Kill: As described in the DM’s Guide, an instant kill is basically a ‘more critical’ critical hit. Whenever an attack roll lands on natural 20, and then a confirmation roll after lands on natural 20, a third confirmation makes it an instant kill. If the third confirmation misses, it is still a critical.

Background
The Kingdom of Cormyr rests along the North Shore of the Dragonmere, nestled in what many consider the very heart of Faerun. The recent death of King Azoun IV has left the nation’s rulership in mild disarray, though the Obarskyr family has managed to keep society optimistic about the future. Lately however, there have been an increasing number of disappearances in the outlying farming villages, particularly among large livestock. Woodsmen claim to have heard what sounds like some kind of bizarre chanting in the dead of night, though investigation has yielded no answers as to where the noises are coming from. With the nations military entangled in keeping watch on the savage humanoids of the mountains, a bounty has been issued for any mercenaries willing to investigate the theft and noises.
You are a wanderer. Your restless nature and prodigal skills have lead you from city to city. It is Midsummer, you walk the bustling streets of Suzail, Cormyr's capital city, at high noon, watching folk of all sorts scrambling and preparing last minute touches for the Midsummer Fair. It is here that the story begins...

PlattevilleGamer
02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I will join as a wood elf cleric.

The Dread Dormammu
02-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Is there Room for a Dwarven Wizard?

Lucian-Sunaka
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, there's room for a wizard. Though I've got a bad feeling for the poor ranger in a party with a Cleric, a Druid, and a Wizard lmao.

fariswolf
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Well I was wondering if there was room for a human knight?

Xeio
03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
If you still happen to be looking for players. I'd like to play a Genasi (Air) Rogue.

Gufang
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
hey, i was wondering if you might have room for 2 more not quite shure what will be but it sounds intresting enough

Nexqabahg dead eyes
03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
id like to join as a human fighter, got room?

Nezu
03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
actually i have a lvl 1 half elf ranger that needs some work so ill use that char

Nexqabahg dead eyes
03-14-2009, 01:20 PM
also if possible i would like to play as a human samurai but the fighter class is fine with me if the samurai isn't playable

Gufang
03-15-2009, 06:27 AM
nex is the friend i was talking about and id like to join as a earth genasi monk, or if theres a better race for the monk plz let me know
--- Merged from Double Post ---
either a fire genasi soccerer/wizard or a earth genasi monk/fighter or barbarien