PDA

View Full Version : dungeon looter card game

method321
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello All.

I wanted to let the community know about my new card game,

www.dungeonlooter.com (http://www.dungeonlooter.com)

hopefully some of you can check it out and spread the word.

thanks!

nijineko
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
may i suggest having more details online? perhaps visuals of the cards. or even an online version of the game, so that people can try it out before they buy. what do you offer that munchkin (to take one semi-random example) doesn't?

Sneaksta
02-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I read game rules, it kinda looks like a cross between rummy and go fish, with pretty pictures, and round points( adventure points) ...

looks easy, and might be entertaining for a while, but looks like it lacks a little depth...

No offense.:cheer2:

method321
02-17-2009, 04:47 PM
let me respond to both posts above.

1) i am working on more screen shots of the game itself, and a video of game play. (hopefully will get that stuff on the site soon)

2) as for the depth of the game, it is not all that deep, but it is one of those fun and addicting games, i played with a friend for 2 hours the other night and we had a blast. But there is more then meets the eye, it has taken me 2 years and thousands of dollars to get to this point. But the journey is not over, i am now working on an entire book dedicated to my cards, which will offer a bunch of game modifications which will make the simple deck much more then it is today. For now, the game is fun and playable and for 90 cards at that price.. its a pretty good deal. Once the book is completed it will open up even more options with a ton of replay options.

As for the question, what do i offrer compared to other games... well there is nothing overwhelmingly new/unique to my game other then the art is all origional. Other then that, i am just a regular guy with a full time job, who in his spare time wanted to make a game that was fun, and not based on a CTCG model. For a one time price you get a fun game, with cool graphics that the whole family can play, just like phase 10 or uno etc, but with a fantasy theme. I never played munchkin but i have seen it and it seems pretty cool, but i can't really compare cause i never played it.

I didn't make the game to get rich, i just wanted to create something and share it with others, and if i can make back my expences in the process i would be happy. I am not a professional game developer, but i have a love for all things fantasy, and in a small way, this is my contribution to the genre.

Thanks for the responces, i appreciate your helpful advice.

- sam

Sneaksta
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
ok, sounds good. one other thing you might want to consider, also, are variant rules, or different game types with this deck. Like, quick game, or challenge mode/game. etc. same deck, just different goal.. stuff like that.

curious to see where it ends up.

Bearfoot_Adam
02-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Good luck on the game, sounds like it would be a fun little game. very reminiscent of rummy.