PDA

View Full Version : Rakata Invasion Ideas

Terakonn
02-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I hope this is the right section for this to be posted in.

I have this idea that I'm considering introducing into my game, based on information from the Star Wars: KotOR video game concerning the Rakata.

I'm considering bringing in a group of Rakata who survived the plague that was supposed to have killed them off 28,000 years ago, seeking to re-establish their Infinite Empire.

I just thought I'd probe for ideas from you guys and see what the inventive and devious minds on the board might come up with for me to throw at my players.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Well they were strange, they always seemed like world dominators and/or crazy scientist. First I would assume they rule/control a planet. From there they have created some sort of fantastic technology and from there set out to dominate the galaxy, again.

Maybe they try to reactivate and rebuild the Starforge.

Maybe they create a plague.

I try to think of some more.

GC13
02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
You could always have the surviving Rakata be an expeditionary force to the Unknown Regions that stayed away when contact dropped with the rest of the Empire. Now they've been battling the True Sith for several decades and have been losing ground the whole time, and they decide to pack up and see how home is... Oh, look, the pitiful non-Rakatans' fleets are utterly destroyed! How utterly convenient!

Terakonn
02-18-2009, 12:22 PM
These are some great ideas. Thanks, Inquisitor Tremayne & GC13. I look forward to seeing more such ideas from the group.

Soft Serve
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
There were two types of Rakatas though. The undergroud black-ish ones and the ones that stayed above ground with rust red-ish colors.

I'll have to come back to this with an idea on the actual Rakatas making it off the planet, but the tiny rancor monsters they used on my lv20 jedi guardian should for sure come into play during their invasion.

GC13
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I think the idea was for them to be Rakata that were NOT on the Unknown World. The guys on the UW just didn't have the technology to leave, nor the numbers to be a threat (or the tech to be a threat...). The ones on the UW fragmented into tribes based around old caste lines when the Infinite Empire would have been unified, and the rancors were salvaged from ships who crashed on the planet; it's doubtful other Rakata would have gotten some as well, especially if they were on a more well-hidden/defended sanctuary (not to say the UW was easy to find).

Remember, back during the Infinite Empire the Rakata were the only ones with hyperdrive and other "modern" tech, so if they came back they'd need either huge numbers (back during the IE they were greatly outnumbered by non-Rakata) or some simply amazing technology (or Force powers). The fact that the galaxy's military is in shambles would help, but the ones on the Unknown World are so not a threat...

Soft Serve
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
ok, then pop them out a ship that floats into a planets atmosphere and takes out a space station or something. lol.

I'm not sure what your asking for...

GC13
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm not asking for anything, just pointing out that the topic creator's needs aren't served well by using the Rakata from the Rakatan homeworld.

Soft Serve
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
OH sorry, I thought you were the Original Poster.

canadiansatan
02-21-2009, 02:33 AM
All this has given me a great idea in the reverse direction. Heros fighting against an upcoming Rakata invasion

Soft Serve
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
What about Rakata's fighting against a hero invasion?

lol both forces seem to think the other side are the invaders.

Terakonn
02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
A lot of great ideas. Actually, the concept I originally had for the invasion was that these Rakata were the twelve leaders of the Rakata Infinite Empire, who were evacuated from Lehon (Rakata Prime, aka the Unknown World) before the plague could effect them, & sent beyond the edge of the known galaxy. They were in stasis for much of the 28,000 years since that time, until an automated signal alerted them that a cure they had been trying to perfect was viable, awaking them from stasis. At some point they discovered several new species, & enslaved them to form their new invasion force. Meanwhile, a group of PCs had stumbled upon Lehon, & discovered a hidden Rakata base there. While exploring the base, they discovered the plague cure culture, causing the Rakata invasion force to be alerted that their homeworld was inhabited by intruders. They have launched an invasion to take back Lehon, & reestablish their Infinite Empire. They have access to ancient technology from the height of their rule of the galaxy, & new tech they have taken from the new species they have enslaved.

Alkai
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello Forum,

I am a player under Terakonn. We are also roommates so I am privy to details of the game that the other players are not. Besides which, even though Terakonn talks with me about his various ideas and we brain storm, I'm usually always surprised when we play; as Terakonn has decided to go a different route than resulted from our brain storming sessions.

In his latest story tangent, he has been talking about what the possible outcomes would be for the Galaxy as-a-whole if the invading Rakata forces decide to destroy Muunilinst.

I am wondering if any of you have any ideas or suggestions for the possible outcome of destroying Muunilinst. What impact would doing so pose? (if any). From talks we have had, Muunilinst is still the IGBC in his game.

It might help the reader to know that my comprehension of the way economy works is very limited. So keeping things as simple as possible... in the way of an explanation (if one is needed)... will prove helpful.

Looking forward to your feedback.

richermartyn
10-26-2009, 01:22 AM
hi there...

The Timonius and Dysoxylum forests found on Panjang and Sertung originated on both islands after the appearance of Anak Krakatau. These dominants have larger seeds than Neonauclea and were able to germinate and grow under the regenerated mixed forest canopy but it was not so easy for them to colonize the Neonauclea forest. At the present time, their invasion progresses only gradually on Rakata.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello Forum,

I am a player under Terakonn. We are also roommates so I am privy to details of the game that the other players are not. Besides which, even though Terakonn talks with me about his various ideas and we brain storm, I'm usually always surprised when we play; as Terakonn has decided to go a different route than resulted from our brain storming sessions.

In his latest story tangent, he has been talking about what the possible outcomes would be for the Galaxy as-a-whole if the invading Rakata forces decide to destroy Muunilinst.

I am wondering if any of you have any ideas or suggestions for the possible outcome of destroying Muunilinst. What impact would doing so pose? (if any). From talks we have had, Muunilinst is still the IGBC in his game.

It might help the reader to know that my comprehension of the way economy works is very limited. So keeping things as simple as possible... in the way of an explanation (if one is needed)... will prove helpful.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Well since it IS an Intergalactic Banking Clan I think it is safe to assume that thousands of worlds would suddenly find their assets destroyed and they would probably go bankrupt.

However, the Rakata forces would probably be better off seizing Munnilist, for he who controls the money controls everything! Right?

So when is this supposed to take place? What era?

Alkai
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have not been back here in a while. I just read the latest post asking in what era and when the Invasion was to take place.

The Rakata Invasion takes place about 2-3 months after the events of "A New Hope".

The Rakata Invasion took place and was finally quelled at the expense of several worlds including Muunilinst. I suppose I should have looked at the latest post; as the idea from Inquisitor Tremayne concerning the takeover of Muunilinst would likely have worked out better than what ended up happening in the course of the game.

Thank You one and all for your feedback.