PDA

View Full Version : House Games

Winter
02-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm looking for players for a modular gaming style I've been running since 1992. Think of it as an organized series of 1-shot games where you can carry over your character. An added benefit is that the style is played throughout the country, & your character can be played "as is" for a 1-shot at any time. Setting is modern, system is loosely White Wolf (sorry for that, it's simply the easiest system to teach new people).

I can handle any number of potential players up to 10 at this time.

Days: Any weekday after 6pm or weekends by after 2pm
Setting: Loosely modern, slightly paranormal
Rules System: Modified White Wolf

You will be playing a normal human being to begin with, although an exceptional one. Critical to character creation is a Driving Goal, ideally infinite in depth. Contact me for more details.

Regards,
-W

Farcaster
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Winter,

You should consider adding this to the Campaign Initiations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum which is easier to search by location and is added to as a tag on the player registry map. It also gives you a list of potential players ranked by a number of attributes including play style, availability, etc.

Winter
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the tip.

Edward
02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea. So this is basically a series of modules rather than a linked campaign?

I tend to prefer a long-term campaign, so this might not be my thing, but it does sound interesting. You mentioned that the style is played throughout the country; is there a website that gives more information? Is it some sort of standard modification of White Wolf used by various GM's?

Winter
02-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Essentially yes. We have an agreed upon synthesis of 3rd edition White Wolf, Call of Cthulhu, Net Supplements, etc.

Think more of a Dark Horse comic feel than World of Darkness.

Individual games are not modules per se, as much as whatever the GM in question can craft. That being said, some games have effectively become "modules", as they have been run all over by multiple GMs.

We are also beginning a play-by-post Online edition. Games always conclude in one shot, so that you are free to use your established characters at all times. Characters are maintained along set guidelines, & GM's are pretty well free to run what ever they wish, provided they give a nod to overall paradigm. Characters enjoy literally unlimited potential, & often become more entwined with each other than in campaigns (Adversity & such).

You may maintain any number of characters. All characters ultimately become completely unique from all others.

There's the skeleton of a Myspace group (Labeled "House Games"), & I'm working on a wiki that will ultimately become a Player's Guide.

I recommend giving it a shot. Even if you don't go for it, I guarantee you will not feel your time was wasted.

Edward
02-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Interesting. Please let us know when your site is up.

Winter
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Open Game Tonight 2/15

SE Portland, Starting 6pm

Call (818) 813-2022 if you want in.

Winter
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Wiki page is now available:

http://housegames.wikidot.com/

Also several spots open for Friday night game, & 3 slots open for Play-By-Post.

Edward
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Looks very interesting. I'll email you.