PDA

View Full Version : Rules thread

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-09-2009, 08:38 AM
We will use this thread for all house rules and rule updates.

We should also put any rule discussions in this thread too.

knightserpent
02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm particularly interested in the "current" rules for unarmed combat.
Now's a good time to make your changes.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
The current unarmed rules are simply those listed in the core rulebook. Any house rules I had concerning unarmed combat are now gone, no longer exsist, finito, gone.

knightserpent
02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Where did they go? -cries-

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I am considering making Mind Trick immune against characters with a Wisdom or Will Defense over a certain number. Not quite sure what yet. You know, since it only works on the weak minded and all.

Also, the Jedi talent Deflect, I am house ruling can only be used against slugthrowers and blaster type weaponry. As it is currently written a Jedi may deflect ANY ranged attack, which includes missiles, grenades, flamethrowers, etc... With this house rule it is only effective against the most common types of weapon damage.

Thoughts? Arguments?

knightserpent
02-13-2009, 10:17 AM
In my opinion, you should only be able to redirect non-area effect energy blasts. Any area effect physical attacks, like grenades will be set off on contact with the lightsaber. Non-area physical attacks, like slugs, will be negated. Let them use "move object" on grenades and missiles if they can act just before it exploding.

Even with the appropriate talent.

workape
02-13-2009, 10:34 AM
There are still instances in the comics and books of Jedi using Mind Trick on individuals that are fairly strong willed.

I agree with that. Missles, flame throwers, grenades and other area effect weapons should not be subject to deflect. But single target weapons in which they produce area effects should be. Auto-fire weapons, etc.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
There are still instances in the comics and books of Jedi using Mind Trick on individuals that are fairly strong willed.

Then it could require a Force point to activate the ability to be used against anyone.

As the power is written now it can be severely abused and can only be countered if the one being mind tricked has rebuke.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Here is the link to the current house rules:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uj2lzt5qzl5/Saga House rules.doc

Note that Gen'Dai have been banned.

Updated the Deflect rules.

Added more Force Powers to the list of "Lost" powers.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I will be using this optional rule from the latest Jedi Counseling:

Optional Rule: The Edge of Exhaustion

If you have already used your second wind(s) for the day, you can catch another second wind by voluntarily moving –1 persistent step down the condition track. The persistent condition remains until you’ve had surgery performed on you or until you get eight consecutive, uninterrupted hours of rest.