PDA

View Full Version : General Information

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey guys, welcome.

This will be the thread for general information pertaining to whatever.

To start off here is what you need to know about the dice roller. To use the dice roller in a thread you need to use the following equation:

*brackets*roll = xdx+/-x *brackets*insert description of action here *brackets* /roll *brackets*

use these brackets = [ ]

so that you end up with something that looks like this:

shooting stormtrooper in the head!

We can also use this thread to discuss ways to improve our pbp experience.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
here is the equation:

[ roll = 1d20 + 6 ] then some descriptive text [ / roll ]

do that minus all the spaces.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Once Biffer posts his character then I think we can start.

Let me know if there is any other information out there that you guys want to know about the game in general or something like that?

I am considering adding in a table rule that if someone hasn't posted for x# of days that we continue to post in that persons absence. In these cases I, the GM, will make the call on what that PC would do.

Sound fair?

Cy the Wander
02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, that sounds fine to me.
Cy

knightserpent
02-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, very fair.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
What is a good length of time? 2 days? 3 days? 1 day?

Also, we can try to pick a time for everyone to be on and play via Skype, if everyone is up for it, or via maptools. Eh??

knightserpent
02-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Two Days. And that's being generous from me, whom will be able to check whenever anything has been posted.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
So in an adventure thread, everyone will have 2 days to post a reply to my last post. If you have not posted in 2 days then I will make the decision for your character.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Also, for the play by post game I will be rolling everyone's initiative score. This way we don't have to wait for everyone to get on the board and roll.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Also if you are going to post something and speak out of character please put "Ooc" (Out of character) in front of what you are going to say.

knightserpent
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
This is the reply you asked for. I hope it was everything you ever wanted.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
This is the reply you asked for. I hope it was everything you ever wanted.

Actually everyone should respond to the "Hunting Tan Endac" thread. I just realized that it might not show up as a new post because all I did was edit the saved post there.

SO, go check the Hunting Tan Endac - Episode II - Adventure #2 thread please and thank you.

biffer75
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
It shows up as saved.

orbit8
02-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't know the proper etiquette for posting in character and out of character responses. I will be looking over post to see what some of them look like. For now, I will post to the main story thread and hope to get an announcement when others post.

workape
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
A method we use on SomethingAwful is to format posts like this:

Character Name - Location would be in bold

In character text and actions and speech are in normally formatted text.

Out of character text is formatted in italics along with other explainations of what you are trying to do.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't know the proper etiquette for posting in character and out of character responses. I will be looking over post to see what some of them look like. For now, I will post to the main story thread and hope to get an announcement when others post.

If you are going to type something out of character I would prefer you to type "Ooc" before whatever it is you are going to say.

Inquisitor Tremayne
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
there can't be any spaces in the die roller equation in order for it to work correctly.

however there can be gaps in the description of the action.