PDA

View Full Version : Jindra's Deeps (1-shot, then campaign

Beamer84
02-07-2009, 05:37 PM
My friend and I are running a 3.5e D&D play by post campaign on Twinwand.com (for more info - http://www.twinwand.com/index.php?topic=182.0 ). A preview for the campaign is below. We're still learning to DM, and this is my first time as a DM, so the campaign will include an OOC forum specifically for your feedback on our DM style/technique.

First, we'll run a 1-shot, which will sort of be a prequel to the actual campaign. For this, characters start in a tavern halfway around the world and choose to step through a portal to help a village during the 1-shot. Then we'll begin the full campaign. After the 1-shot, any players who want to continue will have dibs on a spot in the actual campaign (with the same or different character). We will also open up 2 more spots once the campaign begins.

We will use the PHB and other books, but you must check with myself or the other DM to be sure at least one of us has the book(s) (you can PM us on twinwand, or PM me here).

Here is the preview:
An angel on the far wall, with a bundle of wheat in one arm and a large die in the other hand, steps forward from the wall and looks around the tavern. In a surprisingly young voice he says, "Come, the village of Ehrdiner is in danger. Monsters have been killing villagers in broad daylight. We need four able-bodied men or women to help them fight off the monsters." He then steps back against the wall and begins to glow a gentle purple color. A section of the wall near him about the size of a double-soor suddenly turns black and then lightens again to reveal a fuzzy image of the inside of a small temple.

Traxxus
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Beamer, how many players do you need? Any race, class things that we need to pay attention to?

Beamer84
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
All slots have been filled for the 1-shot, so we'll be running that soon. I'll bump this again once the campaign starts.