PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Additions

Halfman
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM
It would be nice if you could change your name in private chat rooms so when playing you are playing as your character. It would really help immersion. Anyone else have any chat based suggestions now that the room is actually getting used?

nijineko
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
at least give it as an option to show up in the parentheses like the 'away' and 'busy' messages do.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
It would be nice if you could change your name in private chat rooms so when playing you are playing as your character. It would really help immersion. Anyone else have any chat based suggestions now that the room is actually getting used?
That's a great idea, Halfman. I second it.

nijineko
02-09-2009, 07:49 PM
i like to have a mechanic that avoids spoofing of other players. hence my suggestion of the hybrid display of both the player and the character.

cplmac
02-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Along with nijineko's sugggestion on showing both the player name and character name, if someone has more than one character, this way the DM/GM knows which one is currently being used.

nijineko
02-11-2009, 05:30 PM
ah, now that would be nice! the ability to have multiple presences.... perhaps adding a command that allows one to post in multiple names? something like "/chatas (name): (text)"

that or a command that allows a temp name to be attached to a room. and a drop down menu that allows you to pick which temp name you are posting as. if "-" is picked, you just post as yourself, with "-" being the default.